Theory Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I hope it will be illustrated AND written by Isayama himself, no joint ventures please :hip.
 

I Am Jager

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Cuba
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Me too. I still don't understand how it's supposed to work.
 

Garybald

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

More importantly:
"Another story" in the Attack on Titan world will begin in the October issue of Monthly Shōnen Sirius on August 26.
Do I have to wait October or August 26th? I miss the logic lol
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?


2013年8月26日
26th August 2013

I'm a bit worried about this. Isayama need to focus on the regular series and I don't want any random young mangaka to play and ruin this wonderful SnK setting.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I hope it will be illustrated AND written by Isayama himself, no joint ventures please :hip.
You guys are expecting too much of Isayama to draw it at the same time. A mangaka's work is a tough job. It would already be good enough if he just wrote the storyline himself. I'm just hoping that if it really is part of the storyline and written by Isayama himself, the artist should at least stick to what Isayama is doing with the art. You know, no fanservice and stuff that's annoying to the eyes all the while being distracting to the atmosphere that the original manga has set. Though if it's not written by Isayama, or not supervised by himself, you guys could ignore it anytime you want. I'm sure as heck going to ignore it if Isayama doesn't do the storyline.

More importantly:

Do I have to wait October or August 26th? I miss the logic lol
Japan typically calls their monthly magazine issues a month advance. Say, they release a magazine in July but they call it "August issue." Anyway, basically this manga is going to be released in August. No worries waiting for October. Though I'm wondering if it's a typo. I thought it's September issue instead of October....

Though I maybe wrong....but that's how Jump does their magazines anyway....I think....as far as I could remember.:s
 

winterwyrm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
546
Reaction score
115
Gender
Hidden
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I'm a bit worried about this. Isayama need to focus on the regular series and I don't want any random young mangaka to play and ruin this wonderful SnK setting.
You have nothing to be afraid of, it's just going to be a lighthearted parody for those who want a little relief from the constant grimdark nature of the series (surely non-cannon), and develop the characters a bit in a way that doesn't break the atmosphere and pace: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=14298

if you want something in universe, I recommend the prequel they released a while ago:
http://shingekinokyojin.wikia.com/wiki/Shingeki_no_Kyojin#Prequel

Likewise a live action was going to be coming out in December, but it was delayed to early next year, don't know what that will be like though.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

You have nothing to be afraid of, it's just going to be a lighthearted parody for those who want a little relief from the constant grimdark nature of the series (surely non-cannon), and develop the characters a bit in a way that doesn't break the atmosphere and pace: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=14298
Eh, no...that's actually a different spin-off manga. Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakou also goes in the same magazine as the original, Bessatsu Shonen Magazine. This is a new spin-off which is going run in Monthly Shonen Sirius. It's currently called "Another Story." And we haven't heard if this is going to be another comedy spin-off or not.
if you want something in universe, I recommend the prequel they released a while ago:
http://shingekinokyojin.wikia.com/wiki/Shingeki_no_Kyojin#Prequel

Likewise a live action was going to be coming out in December, but it was delayed to early next year, don't know what that will be like though.
I wouldn't trust the light novels though. Those weren't written by Isayama himself and I've no idea if Isayama helps out the author of the light novels either.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Draw will be, normaly, by Satoshi Shiki.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Draw will be, normaly, by Satoshi Shiki.
What about the story, will it be full Isayama? a "collaboration"?
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Draw will be, normaly, by Satoshi Shiki.
Source please. And just like what Huesoman said, is it going to be written by Isayama?
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Regarding release dates of manga. Not just in Japan but with many magazines in North America as well, the issue will often be released ahead of the season or month it is printed for. In the case of Bessatsu Shounen (Kodansha) and Jump SQ (Shueisha), they release the magazine on a set sell date to people who only buy certain issues, but they mail it out so subscribers receive it early. That's why we already have Edited Mangas two days before the sell date for those magazines. JSQ usually sells on the 4th of the month but Edited Mangas tend to appear before the first of each month. Even though ppl subscribed to JSQ were probably getting it in late July, however, it's still the September edition of Jump SQ.
I wouldn't trust the light novels though. Those weren't written by Isayama himself and I've no idea if Isayama helps out the author of the light novels either.
I'm sure it depends on the series. For D.Gray-Man, for example, the light novels are written by someone else but with *heavy* consultation from the original author (she's even got author notes in the books), and are therefore canon. Reading those can give you some great additional insight on canon characters.

What about the story, will it be full Isayama? a "collaboration"?
Good question. I hope we can get some word on that soon.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I'm sure it depends on the series. For D.Gray-Man, for example, the light novels are written by someone else but with *heavy* consultation from the original author (she's even got author notes in the books), and are therefore canon. Reading those can give you some great additional insight on canon characters.
Yup. But with the case of D.Gray-Man light novels, they contain canon characters. SnK's light novels don't seem to have even one. The closest you could get a canon character in it would be the protagonist for volume 1, seeing as how it relates to humanity's history(e.g. how the Vertical Maneuvering Gear was made). But volume 2 and 3 doesn't look like it needs Isayama's help in it.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Please!PLEASE be about Ilse!*____*
 

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Oh man, this is exciting news.

Have other series contained two different mangas in the same universe sort of maybe related but unrelated to each other (not like a sequel or a one off story). I know games sometimes do this, and NA comics do, but I haven't come across a manga series that does this.

I am looking forward to it!
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I hope it gets scanlated. I'm open to giving it a chance, depending how it's done.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

thanks for the update! now we wait to find out what the deal with the writing will be...
 

mikasaaa

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
49
Gender
Female
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Nice! I like Satoshi Shiki's art, reminds me of Nobuhiro Watsuki's (Rurouni Kenshin).
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Dunno if this is confirmed, but shingekikyojin.net seems to say that the protagonist for this spin-off would be Reiner. If this is true, then it seems like we're getting RBA's flashback. Though I was hoping Bert should've been the main character and the backstory shouldn't have been a spin-off, but rather, it should be revealed through the original manga....hoping this is a fake....T^T

Image Below:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top