Theory Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series

Status
Not open for further replies.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Oh well. I'd prefer if it was Bert too. If this is as you've described, it could have been either of them getting featured so I imagine it's probably because Reiner is more popular among fans. Or maybe it'll explain how Reiner kind of became the trio's (unofficial?) leader. Poor Bertolt didn't even make the top 10 in the poll I just looked at. T_T
 

mikasaaa

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
79
Reaction score
49
Gender
Female
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Wow, if it's about RBA then you can bet this manga will be supervised by Isayama, so it can be considered almost canon.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Oh well. I'd prefer if it was Bert too. If this is as you've described, it could have been either of them getting featured so I imagine it's probably because Reiner is more popular among fans. Or maybe it'll explain how Reiner kind of became the trio's (unofficial?) leader. Poor Bertolt didn't even make the top 10 in the poll I just looked at. T_T
I don't know if you know this, but from what I've seen, up until the last chapter Bert is very often referred to as 腰 (sometimes +野郎 for more hostility), short for 腰巾着, which means something like "the one who's always following around." :| (In fact Eren also calls him that in one of the recent chapters... I think.) Pretty obvious what his popularity is like...... lol. It's kinda like calling him a dog or nobody (poor Bert...) Of course, this is prior to the last chapter where he cried...

But come to think of it, Bert has always spoken highly of the past Reiner ("He used to be a warrior...") so I'm expecting some cool stuff from him.
 
Last edited:

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Oh well. I'd prefer if it was Bert too. If this is as you've described, it could have been either of them getting featured so I imagine it's probably because Reiner is more popular among fans. Or maybe it'll explain how Reiner kind of became the trio's (unofficial?) leader. Poor Bertolt didn't even make the top 10 in the poll I just looked at. T_T
Which poll? SnK's first official manga popularity poll in Japan(the one in the guidebook) or a random poll out there? 'Cause it's possible that Bert's position in the next official poll will change seeing that the poll was mostly likely done before he came into prominence. And if this source is to be trusted, I think it's quite logical too that Bert should've been the main character, considering he is the poster boy of the series. XDDD
I mean pixiv fanarts seem to think otherwise. Bertolt actually has the lowest amount of fanarts before they were revealed. Now, he has the most compared to Reiner and Annie. XDDD. Then again, pixiv may not really be a good indication of popularity....XDDDD
 
Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Hahaha, I've looked for insight on pairing popularity on pixiv, but not individual characters! XD

The source was the first popularity poll, as posted online here. I once saw a longer list that I thought was official but the site it was on is gone now. I can still ask the person who posted it where that was from though...
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Hahaha, I've looked for insight on pairing popularity on pixiv, but not individual characters! XD

The source was the first popularity poll, as posted online here. I once saw a longer list that I thought was official but the site it was on is gone now. I can still ask the person who posted it where that was from though...
That's most likely the official poll before Bertolt came into the spotlight. That's why he got less votes. We'll have to take a look at things in the next official poll, if there's going to be another one. XDD
 

leiatte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
312
Reaction score
232
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I like that Reiner may be the main character of this series, he's one of my favorite characters, also Im positive they both have more story to tell in the main story, especially Betholdt. Also, It helps that Reiner seems to be alot more confident in his actions and bravery than Betholdt.

Im really glad that Isayama isn't taking on too much of the burden himself, I feel like when mangaka take on side projects while working on a story that you can definitely see the effect it has on the manga, and I want Attack on Titan to be the best it can be, its an incredible story.

P.S. looking forward to finding out more on the spinoff.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?


Phew! Turns out the latest spin off manga does not feature Reiner as the main character. Dunno if this is official but it sure does look like one according to my source....Sirius's logo is there and Satoshi Shiki's name appears in the far right, albeit barely recognizable. So yeah, I guess this is official. XD

Title again is "Before the fall" just like the light novels. If I'm guessing things right, Suzukaze Ryo's(SnK light novels author) name appears in the middle amongst the names below...which means he's probably the author for this manga too. Or it could be that this spin off manga is based on the light novels....that's what we don't know....

source: shingekikyojin.net
 
Last edited:

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Last edited:

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

So wait, is it going to start with the first light novel, or is it going to adapt just the second and third one? I'm actually quite more interested with first novel rather than the last two...(wish I could read French T^T)
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Also, it seems there are 2 confirmed artists.
Satoshi Shiki & Thores Shibamoto (the illustrator from the light novel).
Thore Shibamoto only going to make a credit for the character design; the manga will be drawn by Shiki Satoshi.

So wait, is it going to start with the first light novel, or is it going to adapt just the second and third one?
SnK only had a one novel, not three.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

SnK only had a one novel, not three.
Hmm....I actually meant volumes of the novel....XD

It has three Volumes.
First Volume: http://www.amazon.co.jp/進撃の巨人-Befor...id=1377004507&sr=8-1&keywords=before+the+fall
Second Volume: http://www.amazon.co.jp/進撃の巨人-Befor...id=1377004507&sr=8-2&keywords=before+the+fall
Third Volume: http://www.amazon.co.jp/進撃の巨人-Befor...id=1377004507&sr=8-3&keywords=before+the+fall

First Volume concerns in how the Maneuvering Gear was born. Second and Third is a story about a guy named Kyukuro, who was born from a corpse that was vomited by a Titan.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

It has three Volumes.
First Volume: http://www.amazon.co.jp/進撃の巨人-Befor...id=1377004507&sr=8-1&keywords=before+the+fall
Second Volume: http://www.amazon.co.jp/進撃の巨人-Befor...id=1377004507&sr=8-2&keywords=before+the+fall
Third Volume: http://www.amazon.co.jp/進撃の巨人-Befor...id=1377004507&sr=8-3&keywords=before+the+fall

First Volume concerns in how the Maneuvering Gear was born. Second and Third is a story about a guy named Kyukuro, who was born from a corpse that was vomited by a Titan.
Yeah, I know; those three volumes are all part of Shingeki no Kyojin Before the Fall which makes SnK only had one novel series. So, most likely it going to be a comicalizaion for all three.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

I kinda did meant the volumes of the novel when I was asking...:imslow. Not the number of different light novels.....XDD

Hoping the spin off does start with the first volume....XD
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Hoping the spin off does start with the first volume....XD
It is obvious that it oing to start from the first volume; why do they have to skip the first volume.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

It is obvious that it oing to start from the first volume; why do they have to skip the first volume.
Simple. Due to the image. The image features a dark haired man, who is most likely Kyukuro. The main character for the first volume, Anheru(Angelo?), has blond hair. Also, from what I hear, the first volume wasn't really that well-received compared to the second and third one. If they're going to start with the first volume, shouldn't they have shown Anheru first? Of course, unless there are other preview images out there...not just the one linked in the previous page...
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Also, from what I hear, the first volume wasn't really that well-received compared to the second and third one. If they're going to start with the first volume, shouldn't they have shown Anheru first?
I think that doesn't really matter. The name value of Shingeki no Kyojin is really high right now, so people just going to buy this series just for sake of SnK. Plus, I don't think most people know about the novel anyway.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

Well, I guess that's true...It's not like a lot of people read reviews anyway...Of course, still judging from the image, I see no Anheru...T^T. Anyway, we'll still get to confirm it once the spoilers or raws are out.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

It's out in French?

(btw this is old news but there are also visual novels for PC starring Levi and Eren... I'm guessing probably a filler side story...)
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Second ongoing Shingeki no Kyojin manga series?

It's out in French?
It's not even out in Japanese :tem
The release date of the first chapter is August 26th.

It's only the website with the latest news that was in French.
For some reason, most of the news about this spin-off are from French sources (manga-news, adala-news).

I don't mind much, since my first language is French.
If you guys want a detailed translation, you can ask me, but I pretty much said everything in my previous post. :tem
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top