Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Faerie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
57
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Highgarden
Oh hell, I need that Levi perfume and I'm not even ashamed to say so. Any clues on whether it can be shipped to outside Japan?


Alright, so I'm maybe a little bit ashamed, but definitely beyond caring about hiding my shame from the public eye.... :pout
 
Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
You're the second person I've seen show interest actually, Faerie. :p
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
I wonder if something happens if you mix Eren's perfume wit Mikasa's:teehee.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
質問が多いようなのでお答えしますと
アニメの22話のオリジナルエピソードは
監督や脚本の方々のアイディアです

自分は、いただいたエピソードに対し色々思うことがあり
この回については本当によく話し合いさせていただきました

初見では、意外にも自分のキャラクターへの愛着が強かったがためか
死体を捨てること自体に抵抗がありましたし
「演出」と「物語の設定」どっちが優先されるべきなのか、とか色々考えましたが
放送を観て、このオリジナルでよかったと思いました

ちなみに、アニメ脚本の打ち合わせでは、僕の提案も入れてもらったりしてます
今回だとエンブレム渡すところとかがそうです

監督が描きたかったとおっしゃってたように
どん底感が徹底して描写されたため
今後の展開を考えても、とてもよい構成だと思います

あと実は、当初のアニメシリーズの構想だと
今回のエピソードが最終回になるという案もありました!
その後、あと三話できるってなって、それはもちろん嬉しかったですけど
今回の大敗北で最終回ってのも...これはこれで痺れるよな~
と、個人的な悪癖が疼きます

僕は、今回アニメ作りの一部に関わらせてもらって
この漫画が終わっても、何かしらの話し作りの仕事がしたいと
思うようになりました、話し作りは本当楽しい。


From Isayama's blog.
Can somebody confirm this cause supposedly it mentions Isayama saying 22 Filler were his idea.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just gonna list out the main points for now:
- Original material is the idea of the director and screenwrtiers
- He has many thoughts about this episode
- He resists the idea of throwing away the bodies (could be because of his strong attachment to his characters) but at the same time he considers whether "Production/presentation" or "Story setting" should be prioritised
- After watching the broadcast, he is glad about this original episode
- Some of his ideas from the meeting are also included (eg. Levi giving his emblem away)
- The feeling of being at the lowest point is portrayed at the direction of the director, and Sensei thinks it is also very good idea/composition with regards to future development
- In fact, this has been proposed to be the last episode, and then they say they can put in 3 more episodes, of course he is happy about that, but a crushing defeat as the last episode would really bite, it's his bad habit (T/N: Isayama is referring to his like for hopelessness in stories... I think his preference is really obvious anyway.)
- Having been a part* of this, he wonders what kind of "story-making" work he would go for after finishing SnK, as he really enjoys "making stories."

*The scale of this "part" when he says "being a part of this" is not clear.

@Beatrice
Thanks for finding this, it really gives a (slightly) better insight into Isayama's involvement in the anime production (in the light of recent discussion about Original Material in the Anime.)

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

My opinion on this is, I don't think the retrieval of bodies is possible in the first place. But then again, 3DMG doesn't really work in real life and even Isayama admits that somewhere in his blog in the past. Judging from what Sensei says about this, it seems this Original wouldn't affect too much, if at all, the course of later development. As Isayama also says, it's just a matter of (1) engraving onto history the act of throwing away Petra's body (i.e. going against his ideal story setting) and (2) presenting the message behind this act (interpretation/production of story events.) At the cost of the author's intended canon, this paves way to an atmosphere in which he also finds great support to future plot.

Sorry Petra and all those who got dumped... I doubt they were ever picked up to begin with, but in the course of the anime story line, they have been dumped once... which is what gets at people: the deviation from the original (manga) path. But I wouldn't exactly call this a continuity issue, because the end result is the same, the canon in the message is also the same.
 
Last edited:

Faerie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
57
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Highgarden
Kannazuki, somehow that doesn't make me feel any better :P

Also, I just got my hands on a copy of outside, it includes a little DIY- colossal titan head :o Well I guess it's cuter than a model of Mina Carolina's head or something... :arf
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France

Faerie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
57
Reaction score
36
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Highgarden
@Kannazuki: Yes... yes, that's much better. T^T But come on.. who doesn't secretly want to smell like... soap? You all know you do! Admit it! :p

On that note actually, the Mikasa's perfume sounds like it would be too sweet and heavy. I thought if anything she would have more of a really subtle kind of scent... Oh god, I am actually discussing Titan perfume. What's next?! Shoe polish?
 

TitaNick

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
47
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Kannazuki: Yes... yes, that's much better. T^T But come on.. who doesn't secretly want to smell like... soap? You all know you do! Admit it! :p

On that note actually, the Mikasa's perfume sounds like it would be too sweet and heavy. I thought if anything she would have more of a really subtle kind of scent... Oh god, I am actually discussing Titan perfume. What's next?! Shoe polish?
Personally I figure the Levi "parfum" should smell like Pine-Sol, which even says it's "The powerful scent of real clean."

Mikasa's should smell like the garden where she was watching the preying mantis eat the moth.

Eren's should just smell like BLOOD! BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!!

And why no Armin perfume? Maybe because the smells of books and getting punched in the nose repeatedly by bullies aren't top sellers?
 
Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Actually, strangely enough I feel like Armin's should smell like sweat, same as Bertolt's. :p

Mikasa, Eren, and Armin are set up against Annie, Reiner, and Bertolt (in that order) after all. Armin and Bert are the mild-mannered, unassuming ones (who even refer to themselves using "boku") in their respective trios. Mikasa and Annie are the toughest fighters (Annie's combat stats both as a human and as a titan exceed R&B's) and the most cool-headed; Eren and Reiner are the guys with (I hate to say it, but) charisma (and as I see it, the leaders of their respective "teams").
 

TitaNick

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
47
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually, strangely enough I feel like Armin's should smell like sweat, same as Bertolt's. :p
Exercise sweat or fear sweat? I'm guessing the latter.

Good analysis. As the main character of the show, Mikasa's reason for living, and Armin's best buddy, Eren is obviously their leader. And considering we've seen Reiner actively issuing orders and making judgment calls (rational or not) he's clearly theirs.

I do suspect that in true yinyang fashion they'll somehow eventually become friends.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't see Eren as the leader but more like the "link" who ties them together. I don't think Mikasa would be so close to Armin if he wasn't Eren friend, she isn't open like these 2. I see it like that, Eren always wandered with Armin, Mikasa followed him and she became closer to him somewhat.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany


Utsune, please translate the red portion.:^_^

エレンは彼女(アニ)への淡い思慕の念と悲しみを押し殺し、巨人へと姿を変えて拳を交える。
 
Last edited:

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States


Utsune, please translate the red portion.:^_^:cheez
I'm not Utsune but....
I think this was the one that Isayama said a mistake in the guidebook? No? I remember seeing this a couple of months ago. I think this "淡い思慕"(which kinda has a romantic implication?) thing that cause a ruckus amongst the fandom? It kinda says that Eren felt light feelings of affection or something to Annie. Isayama said in his blog that there was no such thing and it's just feelings of respect.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yes I think it's 100% as Yumpo says, it's the dodgy part according to Isayama.

I actually haven't seen the exact phrase, but I see what's happened now lol. The exact translation of the bit of text you copied:
Eren, suppressing his sadness and affection towards Annie, transforms in a titan and exchange blows with her.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Oh btw I think this part of the databook is about a list of quotes/vocabularies from the manga, which they pick out and explain. The whole red box plus the bit before it is as follows:

"I think... you suck at lying..." (lit. you're a bad liar)
Dialogue: Vol.8 Ch.33

Eren, who is fighting Annie-turn-Female Type Titan, has all sorts of images about her flashing in his mind. Annie, who has kept up with her close-combat training since she was young, passes it off as "a boring play thing that was forced upon her by her father..." Eren, suppressing his sadness and affection towards Annie, transforms in a titan and exchange blows with her.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/archives/8058965.html
This. Isayama really suggested the whole deal with Annie for the anime!? T^T. I knew it. pfffft.
But since I can't really understand Japanese correctly...I didn't understood the rest...
I'm gonna put most of the post here just in case:
質問が多いようなのでお答えしますと
アニメの23話での、「アニのリアクション」は
僕が提案させていただきました

アニが正体を自白するシーンは
単行本が世に出た後でも、もっとこうしたかったという
心残りが強くあったので、こんな風に提案させていただきました↓


「僕は、原作の感じが好きなんですけど...」
と言っていただいてた監督に、こんなラフを送っちゃっいまして

しかし...自分で描いた提案のラフをあらためて見ると
かなり無茶なことを描いてるな

「悲しく」・「照れて」・「開放感」があって
「罪悪感」と「孤独」と「恐れ」が入り混じった表情とか...
イヤ...なんという無茶ぶり...

要するに、アニにはあそこで素になるべきだと思ったのです
あれだけのことをやった怪物の正体が
ただの悪い奴に見えるのではなく
「普通の人間」だったって感じにしたかったんです

その上で、アニメは絵も演出も演技も

超 よかったです!!

徐々に緊迫していくシーンは、イメージ道理で
軽くお腹が痛くなったぐらいです



あと、前半のオリジナルシーンも好きです
セリフも、マルロの体験を通した上での
セリフになっているので、原作のようにただ突っ立って
しゃべってるより、説得力があって豪華でしょう

それに、マルロが見下してたアニやヒッチに
助けてもらうことによって、より挫折感が大きくなる
って所も好きです

I'm gonna go cry now. T^T
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ooo thanks Yumpo :p
I'm actually much happier now about the Annie scene, not that I was sad to begin with. I think I understand better the person she is... In that case I can kinda guess what Isayama has in store for Annie... In terms of the Maruro-Annie conversation... well, Annie is fine in a sense, but I'm still feeling kinda iffy for Maruro...... But there should be more Maruro coming up, so we shall see! :D
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,667
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/archives/8058965.html
This. Isayama really suggested the whole deal with Annie for the anime!? T^T. I knew it. pfffft.
But since I can't really understand Japanese correctly...I didn't understood the rest...
I'm gonna put most of the post here just in case:
質問が多いようなのでお答えしますと
アニメの23話での、「アニのリアクション」は
僕が提案させていただきました

アニが正体を自白するシーンは
単行本が世に出た後でも、もっとこうしたかったという
心残りが強くあったので、こんな風に提案させていただきました↓


「僕は、原作の感じが好きなんですけど...」
と言っていただいてた監督に、こんなラフを送っちゃっいまして

しかし...自分で描いた提案のラフをあらためて見ると
かなり無茶なことを描いてるな

「悲しく」・「照れて」・「開放感」があって
「罪悪感」と「孤独」と「恐れ」が入り混じった表情とか...
イヤ...なんという無茶ぶり...

要するに、アニにはあそこで素になるべきだと思ったのです
あれだけのことをやった怪物の正体が
ただの悪い奴に見えるのではなく
「普通の人間」だったって感じにしたかったんです

その上で、アニメは絵も演出も演技も

超 よかったです!!

徐々に緊迫していくシーンは、イメージ道理で
軽くお腹が痛くなったぐらいです



あと、前半のオリジナルシーンも好きです
セリフも、マルロの体験を通した上での
セリフになっているので、原作のようにただ突っ立って
しゃべってるより、説得力があって豪華でしょう

それに、マルロが見下してたアニやヒッチに
助けてもらうことによって、より挫折感が大きくなる
って所も好きです

I'm gonna go cry now. T^T
OK, now we know the truth. Did he wrote something about Mikasa's expressions too? I want to know... And about that red portion. Isayama said it's just mutual respect but in this case, doesn't it mean Eren is insensible or something like that? I mean, it says his "sadness and affection", Eren has affection for Armin, Mikasa, Reiner and all his teammates, it's not love. For me he considered her at least as her friend but saying he was in this state just because of respect?
Eren shown he respected Reiner for example but he considered him as a big brother too.
I don't buy it.
 
Top