- Joined
- Jul 8, 2009
- Messages
- 8,384
- Reaction score
- 12,173
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Name says it all. Discuss anything and everything Yonkou here, fighting styles, future roles in the story, relationships with other pirates, etc. I created this thread while I was getting ready to respond to another topic, which would have been off-topic for that discussion, so I just decided to go ahead and create an all purpose thread for the Yonkou since they are becoming more prominent in the story.
Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's begin!
We've seen plenty of sword styles in this series, Shanks most likely has his own and it's most likely just as strong as Mihawks.
Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's begin!
I'm the opposite, I think Shanks' strength could be solely based on swordsmanship. In fact, I would love it if that were the case. While I'm sure he is a boss in the application of Haki, I don't see how that'd change his fighting style. What would make his Haki equipment different from everyone else's? Haki is supposed to supplement the users strength, the ability itself isn't really a fighting technique. Unless of course he found a way to make a phantom limb with Haki and fight with "two" arms.I also firmly believe that Shanks's strength isn't totally down to his swordsmanship, but to the way he infuses Haki with his fighting style.
I think there's more to Shanks's strength than just sword fighting.
We've seen plenty of sword styles in this series, Shanks most likely has his own and it's most likely just as strong as Mihawks.
confused