Discussion Who will get Ace's Mera Mera no Mi (Fire) Devil Fruit?

Who Will Get the Mera Mera no Mi


  • Total voters
    54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not sure which scenario would allow Mingo to keep the fruit when their next destination is Wano Kuni. Expand my mind. :-P
 
Last edited:

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Definitely Rebecca when I remember Oda added in the part to set Rebecca on Fire.

Besides,
The ironic parallel to Ace is there.
Kingdom of Goa and the Fire set by Royals - Ace later obtains the Fire Fruit.
Dressrosa and the fire set by Royals - Rebecca wants the Fire Fruit.
Note that Luffy even said Dressrosa reminds him of the Gray Terminal.

Ace was hated for being related to a King.
Rebecca is hated for being related to a King.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Not sure which scenario would allow Mingo to keep the fruit when their next destination is Wano Kuni. Expand my mind. :-P
Who's holding the fruit?
Definitely Rebecca when I remember Oda added in the part to set Rebecca on Fire.

Besides,
The ironic parallel to Ace is there.
Kingdom of Goa and the Fire set by Royals - Ace later obtains the Fire Fruit.
Dressrosa and the fire set by Royals - Rebecca wants the Fire Fruit.
Note that Luffy even said Dressrosa reminds him of the Gray Terminal.

Ace was hated for being related to a King.
Rebecca is hated for being related to a King.
Ace was related to a pirate king who willingly did bad things. Rebecca is related to a former king who's horribly misunderstood and was a good king, who will likely be the respected king again. Plus, I don't think Rebecca's strong enough to win the mera mera no mi, but I'm going with the assumption that Diamante and Burgess are at a higher level.
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
I think that is a fair assumption to make, but Luffy could win the fruit and give it to Rebecca. To get out of the colloseum will not be easy, he will most likely have to fight. He may even fight Burgress and Diamante to get out. He will make sure that Burgress does not get the devil fruit, most likely by fighting for it himself.

Somehow, Luffy has to keep his promise to not let Burgress have the Devil fruit as well as keep his new pledge that he is going to the castle to fight DD. To do so he will most likely have to take the devil fruit by force.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Who's holding the fruit?
As in Doflamingo pirates, anyone of those. It was you who wrote that actually.
What if Doflamingo/Diamante is able to keep the mera mera no mi this arc?
Diamante is gonna lose, to Jesus, to Barto, to Luffy, to Rebecca, to some character.

Beatrice didn't write that she would attain it by her own effort alone.:3c
 

sameel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2013
Messages
776
Reaction score
146
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think that is a fair assumption to make, but Luffy could win the fruit and give it to Rebecca. To get out of the colloseum will not be easy, he will most likely have to fight. He may even fight Burgress and Diamante to get out. He will make sure that Burgress does not get the devil fruit, most likely by fighting for it himself.

Somehow, Luffy has to keep his promise to not let Burgress have the Devil fruit as well as keep his new pledge that he is going to the castle to fight DD. To do so he will most likely have to take the devil fruit by force.
Or he could ask kinemon and wicca to get the fruit for him. Wicca eats fruit by mistake and boom. Next sh is a dwarf. XD
One cn always hope...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
As in Doflamingo pirates, anyone of those. It was you who wrote that actually.

Diamante is gonna lose, to Jesus, to Barto, to Luffy, to Rebecca, to some character.

Beatrice didn't write that she would attain it by her own effort alone.:3c
Yeah, and what if one of those Doflamingo pirates manage to get away with the fruit? Luffy hasn't failed with mera mera no mi until someone eats it.

Proof he's gonna lose? He might, he might not. Unless you can predict the future or you're Oda, we dunno who'll get the fruit or how.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, and what if one of those Doflamingo pirates manage to get away with the fruit? Luffy hasn't failed with mera mera no mi until someone eats it.
Then I would drop One Piece immediately, for wasting my time as a reader. I am not willing to become invested in a storyline only for the author to cop out, leaving the status of the mera mera no mi unresolved. I would also immediately drop One Piece if a minor character, like Kinnemon or Rebecca, received the fruit. Zoro is fine without an ability, so is Sanji. The thought that the mera mera no mi will somehow, someway, end up being eaten by Coby is too ludicrous to even contemplate.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Jumping to conclusion there, no? I never said Oda would leave it unresolved, I said it'd be something for Luffy to go for later. He failed to get Robin back at Water 7 but succeeded in getting her back from Enies Lobby, same can happen with the mera mera no mi. It's based on Luffy's new priority after the recent chapter, how he's tryin to get out rather than finish the tournament.

I prefer the Blackbeard pirates getting it or Luffy passing it on to the next generation (or even the next generation eating it by accident). I'm completely against Zoro or Sanji getting the fruit, or anyone else in the crew gettin the fruit, as well as useless characters like Rebecca getting the fruit.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Luffy's Strawhat, not Strawhat Luffy.

And we don't even know if Burgess has a fruit ability already or not.
Damn, I dont know what's worse, me not catching that or a straw hat eating a df. Burgess might or might not, but BB already suggested that Burgess will get it, it could mean he has none, or is capable of taking more than one.
 

Morlun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
504
Reaction score
264
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Then I would drop One Piece immediately, for wasting my time as a reader. I am not willing to become invested in a storyline only for the author to cop out, leaving the status of the mera mera no mi unresolved. I would also immediately drop One Piece if a minor character, like Kinnemon or Rebecca, received the fruit. Zoro is fine without an ability, so is Sanji. The thought that the mera mera no mi will somehow, someway, end up being eaten by Coby is too ludicrous to even contemplate.
Wow, you'd drop the manga after reading over 700 chapters if a new character got the fruit? (Kinemon already ate one.)

Also, never underestimate the likelihood of an Oda-troll (i.e., Usopp's weapon eating the fruit, or a random kid eating the fruit like Luffy ate the Gomu-Gomu).
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I think it's safe to assume after this chapter that Sabo will be the one to eat it, unless he gives to some other revolutinary, maybe Koala.
I still hope Barto will get it and give it to Luffy.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, while I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with this development, is there anybody besides me that's a bit bummed that the Straw Hats won't be getting it?
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Not at all, no. Things could not have developed any better. If any of the Strawhats, other than Luffy, had gained the mera mera no mi it would have been nothing more than a pointless shounen power up. None of the Strawhats had any personal connection with Ace. Eating his fruit would have had no significance, other than needlessly giving one of them a fruit power. Sabo is Ace's other brother, his childhood friend, whom he and Luffy thought they had lost. Sabo saving the mera mera no mi has actual emotional significance. He was not able to join the fight at Marineford, to help Luffy try and save Ace. Now he has a chance for closure of his own, to save his friends ability from Doflamingo, and be the one to carry on Ace's legacy.
 

floman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
257
Reaction score
24
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
I completely agree with the post above. If Sabo wins the fruit it would be a perfect ending to the meri meri no mi saga. I highly doubt he will eat it (I still think he will give it to Rebecca to live on Ace's legacy). The reason I think it would be weird if he ate it is because it would just be abnormal for him to eat the fruit that meant so much to the brother he lost. I just feel like it wouldn't make logical sense if Sabo became the new version of Ace.

I think we can all agree that Sabo is going to be ridiculously strong, whether it be with a DF or with fighting abilities and haki. If he then takes on the meri meri no mi he will essentially become ace which would destroy fighting style development. It's always better when weak people with a purpose eat devil fruits rather than strong people who don't need them.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, while I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with this development, is there anybody besides me that's a bit bummed that the Straw Hats won't be getting it?
Could you provide a reasoning for why your are so bummed about it? As Kaiten wrote, no Strawhat had a need for a powerup, we are still at the beginning of their second part of the journey. They are still showing some of their new learned powers/techniques, they did train two year to be ready after all, taking a power-up like that would be cheating and would take away from their own effort and would ultimate make someone of them different from the rest, which isn't the point of the time-skip and growing together as a united team.
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I was referring to a new Straw Hat being a logia, not one of the existing members. Seriously, no one feels sad about this? Well, glad to know I'm the only one who ever dreamed of a logia joining the crew.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
I was referring to a new Straw Hat being a logia, not one of the existing members. Seriously, no one feels sad about this? Well, glad to know I'm the only one who ever dreamed of a logia joining the crew.
Not me. Sabo getting the Mera Mera No Mi is in my opinion, the best option. Way better than some random, shitty character(Coby) getting it. And why do you want a Logia to be part of the crew so much anyway?
 

EddyBob15

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
418
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not me. Sabo getting the Mera Mera No Mi is in my opinion, the best option. Way better than some random, shitty character(Coby) getting it. And why do you want a Logia to be part of the crew so much anyway?
Well, since there's members with powers from the other two DF categories, they may as well go for the trifecta. Also, I think you're going to gain a few enemies with that crack about Coby since I think it was the belief he'd get it that started this thread.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
Well, since there's members with powers from the other two DF categories, they may as well go for the trifecta. Also, I think you're going to gain a few enemies with that crack about Coby since I think it was the belief he'd get it that started this thread.
I see. But if that were to happen, I would hope for a less powerful Logia. I'm thinking of Cesare for some reason...

Coby fans aren't real...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top