Shounen - Kokushi Musou!! by Kazuki Tajima | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kokushi Musou!! by Kazuki Tajima

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Kokushi Musou!!
Serialized In: Shounen Sunday

Summary :
There is a hidden island that is a mecca for martial artists. There are different reasons people go there--because they want to become amazing at their art, or simply because they come from a family known for martial arts and they are sent there by their parents. In any case, new arrivals sign a contract that they can't leave for 10 years, and that contract is strictly enforced. Within the complex, there is a forbidden area...

Ro is a new arrival, and he was hoping to hone his skills. However, it seems to him that he's gaining nothing, and is just being required to drag himself down to the level of his inferior peers. One day, he opens the door in the forbidden area, and finds a boy who had been trapped there for ten years. The boy remembers little of his life before, and Ro names him "Kid." Kid is determined to leave the complex and search for his father. Maybe if Kid can get help from Ro and other new friends he makes, such as a sad, bullied young girl named Mugi, he will be able to begin his search! [tethysdust]

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh so someone started this. Nice. I was caught up translating it but got my yearly 'Christmas flu.' Hopefully when I feel better I'll be able to catch up again.

It's a nice series reminiscent of HXH. I wonder what will happen after the initial shuffle game ends though? That could make or break the series IMO.

Thanks for starting this thread k-dom. :)

Rica_Patin

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm also really enjoying the series despite my limited ability to read the raws, wish the Edited Mangas would pick up faster so I can better enjoy the series.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes I thought maybe starting a thread would give it more publicity since it is a promising serie.
Thanks for translating it Bomber.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I thought maybe starting a thread would give it more publicity since it is a promising serie.
Thanks for translating it Bomber.
I'm also really enjoying the series despite my limited ability to read the raws, wish the Edited Mangas would pick up faster so I can better enjoy the series.
Thank you guys for chiming in on this. I really only picked up the series to promote Shounen Sunday as a whole. I like that magazine more than Jump, although I kind of hate that they cancelled Anagle Mole it's prime. Then again It might have more been Fukuchi's decision than theirs. But we'll never know. But yes what I started translating because I was bored/wanted to promote Sunday has actually grown up to be a respectable series in it's own right. I apologize again for catching up just to fall behind again but my yearly visit from Santa Claus's nefarious brother, Influenza Sam has rendered me more useless than usual. I hope over the holiday I can catch up again.

Enough about me though. What most would you or anyone else who reads this thread like to see next in the series? I keep up with the raws, and it seems like the second part of the shuffle game is beginning. Not to mention Kid seems to have gotten less annoying than the titular character of Naruto in a hurry despite being pretty similar to him at first. I just hope he stays that way. I'd like to see more of the gate keeper and the world outside of the temple....how did it become such a cesspit that people send their kids to the peerless temple to keep them from dying? I hope Tajima will explain this sooner rather than later, since it --it being the world building, has a chance of being as expansive as like One piece or something if done right.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Art style is rather wonky and fairly atrocious at times, but it is still somewhat interesting to read. Dont like the animal characters much, feel rather terrible designs. Attacks are creative.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Art style is rather wonky and fairly atrocious at times, but it is still somewhat interesting to read. Dont like the animal characters much, feel rather terrible designs. Attacks are creative.
Yeah the art is...something. (sounds similar to awful). But it has generally gotten better. This is only the author's second seralization, so I'm sure she (I think from the language in the websunday blog and the first chapter, that the author is a woman....but I don't know for sure.) will keep improving if Kokushi lasts a while, which I think it has a chance of doing. We've only seen one animal character though...what other ones are there?