Mag Talk Saikyou Jump (Shueisha)

  • Thread starter Negative Syndicate
  • Start date

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The awkward reality that I might be the only person on mangahelpers who reads anything from this (outside of what, that rock lee comic, I mean)

It's weird but Saikyo Jump probably has some of the more enjoyable comics coming out from Shueisha at the moment, and I think that might just be down to the market they're aimed at. But seriously, I'm reading tanks of Gekikara! Curry Prince (problematic though it may be), Gyro Zetter, Golem a Go Go and Fuwari Don Patch, and I don't think a single one has been anything less than great.

Next up I'm gonna check out Beast Saga, Byo~n! Yokai Gakkyu and Geist Crusher + Majin no Garudo when they eventually have tanks, I hope. Might start getting expensive around then, but still, good comics!

Anyone else still checking out anything from this?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I doubt I'll miss Chopperman, it never really grabbed me (not that I was its audience, mind). Still, a core part of Saikyo being gone might have an interesting effect. now to just hope that the replacement series is worthwhile.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is announced that Rock Lee no Seishu Full Power Ninden has surpassed printing 510,000 copies.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It is announced that Rock Lee no Seishu Full Power Ninden has surpassed printing 510,000 copies.

Somehow that is surprising to me. If it did that much I wonder what made them make the anime only 50 episodes.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Somehow that is surprising to me. If it did that much I wonder what made them make the anime only 50 episodes.
Kids manga don't really sell lots. The only kid manga series that sells well is Pocket Monster Special.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
It is announced that Rock Lee no Seishu Full Power Ninden has surpassed printing 510,000 copies.
310,000.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
ah, that makes a whole lot more sense. 510,000 would just feel excessive for me as far as saikyo titles go.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
June Issue :
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Look like Rock Lee - Seishun Full Power Ninden will end in august issue (04/07).
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
How can this be? Shueisha should end Kishimoto's parody series instead of Taira's little gem.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Something like Gods of Laughter or a new manga?
I was hoping a spokon tbh
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
does anyone here follow this magazine? I have a lot of question

this is only paper right? there's no digital for this?

does anything that isn't a chibi spinoff of something else make them any money?

how many pages does it get in total and how many pages is the average chapter length?

I'm asking because every other jump magazine put bunch of volumes every month, but this put a couple of volume out per year
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
does anyone here follow this magazine? I have a lot of question

this is only paper right? there's no digital for this?

does anything that isn't a chibi spinoff of something else make them any money?

how many pages does it get in total and how many pages is the average chapter length?

I'm asking because every other jump magazine put bunch of volumes every month, but this put a couple of volume out per year
It's only paper, I'm not even sure how often it's printed anymore. It went from once every three months to every month, now I think it's every two months? Not sure about chapter length, but it's for kids even younger than WSJ's target audience so pretty much nothing other than chibi spinoffs, plus it runs "best of" chapters from Kochikame and Saiki. They also started running Hell Teacher Nube NEO in there, which I will fucking never understand because all that's going to do is make little kids who want to read ahead go buy Grand Jump, which they really should not be doing.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
New chibi spinoff for BORUTO start in April.........ugh

 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>not a Metal Lee's chibi spinoff

ONE JOB SHUIESHA
 
Top