Thank you! So far, you're the second person in the camp! I'd rather see the Blackbeard pirates get their hands on it, I don't even care if they eat it or not. It'd just add more tension and anger on Luffy's side and improve the story!I'm in the camp of hoping Ace's fruit ends up retrieved by Burgess, or falls in the hands of an antagonist of some sort. Like a member before me mentioned, having the Mera Mera in the hands of Blackbeard would greatly increase tension between his crew and the Strawhats; add that along with him proving responsible for the ordeal at Marineford (and a foreshadowed showdown with Shanks, whom he should triumph over) and you've got an incredible set-up for a climatic bout between the two sometime down the road, near the end of the series. It creates intrigue (among other strong emotions), bumps the respective power of Blackbeard's crew, and gives fans of the series a more tangible goal to look forward to.
Should Blackbeard not get the fruit however, I'm sure the fight will still happen and be pretty epic, 'cause Blackbeard has never stopped scheming and drawing up machinations to conquer the seas (and eventually the world). If not Ace's fruit, he'll be sure to piss Luffy off in another way soon (I believe Dressrosa would prove an optimal place for Oda to start, though).
Last edited by a moderator:


)