Games Mafia Game 34 : Mangahelpers Theme - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Oh stop. Out of choice? Maybe. But I'd play a Mido game again.

---------- Post added at 05:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------



Maybe I'm overlooking nana getting killed so early, idk...
He abandoned the game for a while, faust was dying from sixkness and he still counted votes and managed the game.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
I'm not sure, I think this game might have been too heavily favored to Townie side. Yes there was a Traitor, but a Burden is a big detriment to the Mafia side. Couple this with a slew of Investigating-type roles...maybe too many is actually a bad thing, as it creates confusion, but I'm not sure it would always turn out that way with this setup. Interesting setup though, I have to admit.
Lot of unpredictable roles (Cowboy), untested roles (Burden, Spy, Hypno) and combinations that could go either way. All in all it was a big testing field for players and hosts. It was enjoyable at first, but then it really got dragged too long. It's not really healthy for the game if it goes in 6-7 Day. Now we know it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He abandoned the game for a while, faust was dying from sixkness and he still counted votes and managed the game.
Meh, you're being pretty unfair. Don't piss off both hosts with your nonsense, dude.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
He abandoned the game for a while, faust was dying from sixkness and he still counted votes and managed the game.
I didnt abandon... Evil didnt permit me to continue oo. I ASKED him a lot of times to continue hosting, but i knew it you would complain, its okay.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Lot of unpredictable roles (Cowboy), untested roles (Burden, Spy, Hypno) and combinations that could go either way. All in all it was a big testing field for players and hosts. It was enjoyable at first, but then it really got dragged too long. It's not really healthy for the game if it goes in 6-7 Day. Now we know it.
Who decided the roles?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I didnt abandon... Evil didnt permit me to continue oo. I ASKED him a lot of times to continue hosting, but i knew it you would complain, its okay.
Ah sorry then, evil went mad I see.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I had you raging?

Well, I doubt it's any worse than the HardyxKat, HardyxMe, Hardyxgnut shit...whatever
Nothing beats Hardy this game ... but you always sort of left it open in the discussions .. so I was not that mad, but I wanted you dead so fast!

---------- Post added at 05:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Lot of unpredictable roles (Cowboy), untested roles (Burden, Spy, Hypno) and combinations that could go either way. All in all it was a big testing field for players and hosts. It was enjoyable at first, but then it really got dragged too long. It's not really healthy for the game if it goes in 6-7 Day. Now we know it.
I was at one point sure after Spec blocked Banana that it would end fast, this was quite nice to see, except if it was not Hardy playing, even if it was 7 days, it would be good.

Sorry Hardy, you played good, but thanks to your role ...
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Who decided the roles?

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------



Ah sorry then, evil went mad I see.
Well its not mad, farfalla asked him to not let me hosting. So both of them was worried about me. And i did choose a lot of roles. Evil saw it and make changes , and we discuss a lot about some roles (and about descriptions) until we finally made this
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Nothing beats Hardy this game ... but you always sort of left it open in the discussions .. so I was not that mad, but I wanted you dead so fast!
Well, at the very least, painting a target on my back would get me where I belonged. But like I said, the DD+Me pairing kept me alive, but it also prevented me from getting there. But I thought maybe he could be killed and then I'd be recruited...but nope.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Hardy was the best player in this game. For sure. I really didn't like the way 3c constantly put down and cursed the townies, he wasn't any smarter than us. i thought he was a mafia gloating at how dumb the townies were.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
Who decided the roles?
Mainly Mido. I just insisted making one of the Detectives sane, because he didn't want to add one, just naive, paranoid and insane, and a Traitor instead sleeper. Which I regretted pretty soon though.


Ah sorry then, evil went mad I see.
It wasn't me being mad, Farfalla asked me to.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Mainly Mido. I just insisted making one of the Detectives sane, because he didn't want to add one, just naive, paranoid and insane, and a Traitor instead sleeper. Which I regretted pretty soon though.


It wasn't me being mad, Farfalla asked me to.
You listen farfalla? Why?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Mainly Mido. I just insisted making one of the Detectives sane, because he didn't want to add one, just naive, paranoid and insane, and a Traitor instead sleeper. Which I regretted pretty soon though.
:teehee

I saw your point, I just felt like I had a foothold in the game and I was biased. But I can be a stickler and thought it'd be pretty shitty to change the role midgame. But it ended up not mattering in the end, so who cares.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
I liked Mido hosting :hmph
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think we can agree mido is not hosting anymore.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------



Yeah and also hardy fooked him later.
Mido is a good host ... for a first time it was epic, but a little more balance would be needed. His second game will be epic no doubt.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
:teehee

I saw your point, I just felt like I had a foothold in the game and I was biased. But I can be a stickler and thought it'd be pretty shitty to change the role midgame. But it ended up not mattering in the end, so who cares.
So this ends your mafia win streak. Noob!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Mido is a good host ... for a first time it was epic, but a little more balance would be needed. His second game will be epic no doubt.
The problem is his selection of roles. This game was stacked against the mafia, we didn't even have a freeman.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, at the very least, painting a target on my back would get me where I belonged. But like I said, the DD+Me pairing kept me alive, but it also prevented me from getting there. But I thought maybe he could be killed and then I'd be recruited...but nope.
I thought Haku was the traitor ... I asked Mido how do we get our traitor he said kill, and there is not way we kill a Freeman who is guarded by the BG, but we had this plan to kill DD and then get you for an extra night.

Night one was between killing Haku and poisoning Farfalla, maybe thats when it went wrong. >.> We should have killed Haku.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
:teehee

I saw your point, I just felt like I had a foothold in the game and I was biased. But I can be a stickler and thought it'd be pretty shitty to change the role midgame. But it ended up not mattering in the end, so who cares.
Well, that wasn't really changing, really. It was just specifying, because a lot of descriptions became outdated or not precise enough, due to the addition of newer roles, etc. Anyone I consulted with about this role all understood it like I did, that it's not a role where you choose your alignment, but try to get recruited to win. I don't know, not sure even with the additional sentence I would implement it into a game so soon again though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So this ends your mafia win streak. Noob!
I wasn't Mafia...bro

It doesn't mean I won either. Traitor is dumb. If we do it the intended way and say he can't win unless the Mafia win, then why is he considered Townie at all? He isn't Mafia, but it'd be weird to consider him Third Party either. You can't compared it with Sleeper either. I tried to argue with Evil that the Traitor can have a choice on how he wants to play it, sort of like the Lovers, but the easiest way out is to just spill the beans and sacrifice yourself for the town. I figured it more fun and interesting to do the opposite though...I don't know.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So this ends your mafia win streak. Noob!

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------



The problem is his selection of roles. This game was stacked against the mafia, we didn't even have a freeman.
Why would need a freeman? In this game there is no possibility for a mafia dies in the night phase. Freeman its not a necessary counter -Burden.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top