Games Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall

Another new game from Blizzard, it is a fast-paced online trading card games. If you love Magic : The Gathering or Yugi-Oh, you'll love this one.

It is free to play - although I need to admit it's pretty difficult if you don't spend some money to join the arena/buying decks.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
BEST THREAD EVER

Should we make a list with player names or something?

Also, I'm not very good at all, lol.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
BEST THREAD EVER

Should we make a list with player names or something?

Also, I'm not very good at all, lol.
I will, later.

In Hearthstone, luck plays bigger role compared to other games though. What's your favorite deck?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm really comfortable playing with the Priest (as it's OP) but I really like the Hunter and Mage deck too. Wbu?
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
I'm Darjaille#1357 on NA/SEAsia and started playing today.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I wish there was an android app too but I guess that's not gonna happen given it's like 5gb game? ;;

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

So Doku I guess you play MTG? Is there a characteristic trait to every class in HS? Like blue/control green/big monsters etc?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Meh all you faggots are playing on another server but EU. Noobs.

I've been playing a lot of mage, but it's indeed hard to play without buying decks (which I refuse to do). I'm currently rank 19 or 20 (starts at 25) in ranked. Kinda tough with only having gotten 3 or 4 decks or something from gold, so most of my cards are free/basic cards.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
So Doku I guess you play MTG? Is there a characteristic trait to every class in HS? Like blue/control green/big monsters etc?
Yes, for example Mage and Hunter have noticeable differences in their playing style. Mage is more spellcard based, I suppose.

I'm really comfortable playing with the Priest (as it's OP) but I really like the Hunter and Mage deck too. Wbu?
I like Priest, Mage, and Paladin. Though I do enjoy playing Shaman, Druid, and Rogue too.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I think rogue most of all seem to favor clearing the board faster than average. The rogue hero power is rather ineffective/useless if the opponent has loads of taunt unkilled on the board. You have such nuke potential with rogue. Assassin's Blade or whatever (gives 3atk for 4 turns for 5 mana cost) and combine it with deadly poison to boost your weapon by +2 you have a +5 atk hero power for "free" for 3 more turns after the first use. So useless if the opponent then has taunts on the board. That's what I hated about rogue sometimes, when I couldn't fully utilize my hero's main strength due to bad clear power.

With enough clear power I think rogue is superb. I also like Mage and Priest. Hunter is all about beast deck and Shaman I don't have a great deck for with my current cards. I haven't tried Paladin and Warlock yet. Paladin strikes me as the weakest in terms of his hero power. Summoning a 1/1 unit is rather crap, especially against Mage. The Shaman has much more RNG with his hero power but it can be so much more broken.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Meh all you faggots are playing on another server but EU. Noobs.

I've been playing a lot of mage, but it's indeed hard to play without buying decks (which I refuse to do). I'm currently rank 19 or 20 (starts at 25) in ranked. Kinda tough with only having gotten 3 or 4 decks or something from gold, so most of my cards are free/basic cards.
Dude just sell the cards from the decks you don't use, and use that dust to get some cards. Get some spell breakers, azure dragons, etc.

Yes, for example Mage and Hunter have noticeable differences in their playing style. Mage is more spellcard based, I suppose.

I like Priest, Mage, and Paladin. Though I do enjoy playing Shaman, Druid, and Rogue too.
Mage is all about board dominance with spells. It has A LOT of clearing cards and freeze cards (..my English is broken, lmao).

I haven't tried a lot of druid and rogue tbh, but I know that Shaman is super random so I've kinda avoided it for the moment (I think I lvled the deck to 10 and stopped playing it).

@everyone, I dunno in what server I play :sweatdrop at first I think I was in Eu but one day the game suddenly had latin american voices :emocat
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
o I didn't know I could do that =O Azure Dragon is indeed very awesome, I need it on my mage so badly.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/12/11/top-10-must-have-rare-cards-in-hearthstone/

And

http://es.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...are_the_best_neutral_cards_to_craft_early_on/

Remember to always have enough draw! (this one is very important and is why I love the priest deck). At first I didn't realise how much I needed it but yeah, it's really game changing (I've played A LOT of games where I'm losing terribly and my opponent has full health... but he ends up without cards in his hand and I just rape him in 2 turns, lol).

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

K, I'm almost sure that I'm in the US sv, I'm Hardy#2126
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
You are naturally placed in the region you belong in.

You can check easily however. Open the b.net client and log off. Then you'll see a globe icon with e.g. "Europe", and you can select which region you want to play at.
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sadly I don't remember the password (nor apparently my own name :oh ) so I can't really do that, lol.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

In fact, I tried it and now I'm screwed , gg.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Oh wow this is so sad, lmao. Why is it so hard to get a password back? :/

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

...and I got a new password. That's the end of Hardy's Password Chronicles.

I'm in Na/asia/wtv btw.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Sadly I don't remember the password (nor apparently my own name :oh ) so I can't really do that, lol.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

In fact, I tried it and now I'm screwed , gg.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Oh wow this is so sad, lmao. Why is it so hard to get a password back? :/

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

...and I got a new password. That's the end of Hardy's Password Chronicles.

I'm in Na/asia/wtv btw.
Wait, same thing happened to me, do you remember the name you use for your battle.net password? I don't and now I'm screw'd.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I tried different combinations of my name till I got it correctly, yeah. You can contact support if you don't remember it though.

(this system is just too stupid imo btw).
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
rofl, HS in open beta now. I like how blizz is so freaking generous to those that signed up 6 months ago. "Here laddy's, have access 5 days before everyone else has it too."

oh well at least my roomie can stop using my blizz account to play.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I mostly play Mage, some Paladin, and I've messed around a bit on Rogue.

xi0#1974

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

I don't really get Doraku talking about needing to spend money to win. I haven't played a ton, but I usually win. Only messed around in Arena once though, so maybe it's more about that....or maybe Ranked play is a lot more difficult. I wouldn't know, I haven't tried it.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
You get paired with people according your level. I thought the same as you,but yeah it gets harder. Once you get to lvl 10 in a class aprox you'll note the difference (kinda like playing arena and winning 3 games easily).
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You get paired with people according your level. I thought the same as you,but yeah it gets harder. Once you get to lvl 10 in a class aprox you'll note the difference (kinda like playing arena and winning 3 games easily).
My Mage is already like lvl 20. People have gotten better, but not by much.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Just wait :arf

Also, mage and priest are the strongests decks imo by far.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

@Dora did you fix your problem?

@Gary can you log in so I can whoop your ass and then play LoL?
 
Top