Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My most anticipated is Tokyo Wonder Boys. Sharkbait, I dont think they are planning Kuroko's exit, no way they defeat Akashi now. I just hope ghese new series dont push Soul Catcher(s) to the back of Jump...
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
From that preview page it seems Stealth Symphony has been reworked a lot... Quite looking forward to "Illegal Rare", seems the most interesting.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Tokyo Wonder Boys is totally the title I want the most, but I guess Viz'll go with Stealth Symphony so I won't be able to read it till tanks. Shame.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Preview page of new series!!
Wow the Tokyo Wonder Boys looks insanely good, just look at them. Hype.The new sensational fantasy in this winter revolution, Stealth Symphony, is the best lead character design of the mix. IShoujo is romcom so I dont think it will last (though cute art) and Illegal Rare looks a bit too traditional, wonder if it will involve an exorcist since Jump Comics loves exorcists.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ive never been a fan of the mangaka's art of Illegal Rare. It's so plainly 90's Jump.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Excited the new series except for Ishoujo yet I can't think of a way that 3 series will end inthe following issues unless Cupid ends in this issue, Hachi in the next and Iron knight in the following.
I wonder what kind of a story Illegal Rare will be since Shiibashi is serialized very quickly after ending Mago, the last good manga to come at such a short notice was Psyren and I loved it so I will definitely keep an eye for it and also I want to read Stealth Symphony already, I didn't watch nor read Baccano! and DRRR so I don't know the story style of Narita Ryougo and he's has a lot of buzz around him.
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ive never been a fan of the mangaka's art of Illegal Rare. It's so plainly 90's Jump.
That's probably the first time I heard anyone who dislike Shiibashi's art style. And I totally disagree with the "90's"-thing, I can't see where they look alike (and even if it would, that doesn't mean it's no good).


Aside from the probably romcom manga, this seems a good batch to me. Looking forward to read those.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
#10 :
Toriko (24p, Cover, Lead Color)
Ansatsu Kyôshitsu
One Piece
Kei Monri / Wonderful Wonder World (Oneshot, 47p, Color)
Gintama
Shokugeki no Sôma (23p, Color, Popularity Poll Result)
Haikyû!!
Soul Catcher(s)
Kuroko no Basket
Nisekoi
Yûjirô Koyama / Gentle-kun (Oneshot, 17p)
World Triger (Color)
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Bleach
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Iron Knight
Kochi Kame
Beelzebub
Hachi - Tôkyô 23-kyû
Koi no cupid - Yakenohara Jin
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

#11 :
Hiroshi Shiibashi / Illegal Rare (New Serie, Cover, Lead Color, 58p)
Toriko (Color)
Nisekoi (Color & Popularity Polll Result)
Shokugeki no Sôma (Color)

Isobe Isobee Monogatari (20p)

#12 :
Yoshinori Takayama / I Shôjo (New Serie, Cover, Lead Color)

#13 :
Yôichi Amano x Ryôgo Narita / Stealth Symphony (New Serie, Cover, Lead Color)

#14 :
Tsunehiro Date x Kento Shimoyama / Tôkyô Wonder Boys (New Serie, Cover, Lead Color)
 
Last edited:

Kubukurin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
181
Reaction score
69
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
There are 2 Isobee in the toc. I guess the last one is the wrong one.

Anyway they're trying to pull a third kuroko: a spokon full of bishie and "totally not homo" male-on-male angst. It's a good idea, this way it won't fail. They should jump the shark and have a real gay character in it, fujoshis would go banana.
So excited for Shiibashi new series. I loved Mago.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,493
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow Soul Catcher(S) in the top 5 :D
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
There are 2 Isobee in the toc. I guess the last one is the wrong one.
They are always 2 chapters of Isobe Isobee Monogatari in Shônen Jump.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought world trigger was getting a colour page?
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
For ending i guess :

#11 : Koi no cupid - Yakenohara Jin
#12 : Hachi - Tôkyô 23-kyû
#13 : Nothing or Iron Knight
#14 : Beelzebub
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Illegal Rare has the best art and seems the most interesting so far. Looking forward to reading it.

Regarding the TOC, Gintama surprises me, after months without a decent position it rises to 3rd place, Soul Catchers also surprises me with a 5th place. With World Trigger and Soul Catchers going well and the arrival of four more series, Jump will have interesting weeks from now on.

Next issue will be very good: Hiroshi Shiibashi's return and Shokugeki and Nisekoi CPs. Onodera cannot win the popularity poll again. :p
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Shokugeki no Sôma Popularity Poll Result :

01- Sôma Yukihira (956)
02- Erina Nakiri (803)
03- Megumi Tadokoro (753)
04- Aldini Takumi (564)
05- Kojirô Shinomiya (487)
06- Ikumi Mito (452)
07- Alice Nakiri (445)
08- Satoshi Isshiki (412)
09- Akira Hayama (405)
10- Shun Ibusaki (380)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shokugeki no Sôma Popularity Poll Result :

01- Sôma Yukihira (956)
02- Erina Nakiri (803)
03- Megumi Tadokoro (753)
04- Aldini Takumi (564)
05- Kojirô Shinomiya (487)
06- Ikumi Mito (452)
07- Alice Nakiri (445)
08- Satoshi Isshiki (412)
09- Akira Hayama (405)
10- Shun Ibusaki (380)
As a SoTaku fan, I am pleased.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
That's probably the first time I heard anyone who dislike Shiibashi's art style. And I totally disagree with the "90's"-thing, I can't see where they look alike (and even if it would, that doesn't mean it's no good).


Aside from the probably romcom manga, this seems a good batch to me. Looking forward to read those.
Shiibashi has plenty of issues with his art style, but being 90s totally isn't one of them. I mean for one, what does that even mean? Comics didn't have a unified style in Jump in the 90s....

There are 2 Isobee in the toc. I guess the last one is the wrong one.
.
I've been beat to it, but yeah Isobe has always had two chapters a week, every week.

Shokugeki no Sôma Popularity Poll Result :

01- Sôma Yukihira (956)
02- Erina Nakiri (803)
03- Megumi Tadokoro (753)
04- Aldini Takumi (564)
05- Kojirô Shinomiya (487)
06- Ikumi Mito (452)
07- Alice Nakiri (445)
08- Satoshi Isshiki (412)
09- Akira Hayama (405)
10- Shun Ibusaki (380)
Alice is on there, that's all I ever really needed. Hooray.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm very interested in the football manga,and in Illegal rare,especially,and to see Yoichi Amano back.
Gintama 3rd is very incredible,and Haikyuu and Soul catcher(s) very well,this last one is doing even better than World trigger.
Isobee returns finally to his usually positions and i'm curios to know what series will end in those numbers.
Really happy for Soma having two consecutives color pages.
 

Aramire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Shokugeki no Sôma Popularity Poll Result :

01- Sôma Yukihira (956)
02- Erina Nakiri (803)
03- Megumi Tadokoro (753)
04- Aldini Takumi (564)
05- Kojirô Shinomiya (487)
06- Ikumi Mito (452)
07- Alice Nakiri (445)
08- Satoshi Isshiki (412)
09- Akira Hayama (405)
10- Shun Ibusaki (380)
I never thought that Tadokoro would make it to top three. It's not like I don't like her, it's just unexpected to me.
 

zangetsukakashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
44
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Toriko cover and color pages



Awesome!!!!!!! Toriko's new outfit looks so friggin cool :) And again, look at Zebra's sense of fashion... lolz.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top