Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I want to host with Mido actually, but not anytime soon, I want to combine the two hosting styles.^^
Yeah we can do that, in reality i wasn't planning to host so soon, but if you guys need it i dont mind to help, co-hosting is a lot more fun :D. Josef do you want to help xadyu in hosting? If you can't i help him
 
Last edited:

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
^Cool.

So in case you missed it, I'm in too.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyway, sign-up sheet:

Mafia Game 37
Sign-up Period until midnight of 16th February (GMT)

Host: Xadyu
Co-Host: ?? (Mido or Josef)

Participants:

01. [user]Kat[/user]
02. [user]Hardy[/user]
03. [user]Charlie[/user]
04. [user]Gnut[/user]
05. [user]Digitaldude[/user]
06. [user]3c[/user]
07. [user]scav[/user]
08. [user]Evil3ye[/user]
09. [user]lawlett-kun[/user]
10.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
PLEASE TOM YOU ARE MY LAST CHANCE MAKE IT TWD THEME :emocat
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Lot of Mafia that lost in past games argued that certain things or roles made it impossible for them to win. Since I got the habit to not really follow the games since thew grew so big when hosting myself, I couldn't really understand what that was about. I feel a little bit behind, as I still believe it's all just a matter of good argumentation, which the previous mafia teams seemed to lack, with the result of them losing. And not some new roles that confirm someone being townie. <_>
Honestly I don't understand why the town was like "yeah 3c is 100% Noble" so early in the previous game. I even said myself that it could be another one being Noble that voted for the same player as I did personally with my normal vote. People seemed to pass it as a fact that the Noble had to be me since it voted for the same as my own normal vote. Strange. Later in the game it was pretty obvious since no one else really fit Noble, but it doesn't change the fact that I was never 100%. A Noble can just as easily fake another role, for example niichan's Hider, but then it made little sense for me to not say anything too about my role unless I was mafia, lol.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Honestly I don't understand why the town was like "yeah 3c is 100% Noble" so early in the previous game. I even said myself that it could be another one being Noble that voted for the same player as I did personally with my normal vote. People seemed to pass it as a fact that the Noble had to be me since it voted for the same as my own normal vote. Strange. Later in the game it was pretty obvious since no one else really fit Noble, but it doesn't change the fact that I was never 100%. A Noble can just as easily fake another role, for example niichan's Hider, but then it made little sense for me to not say anything too about my role unless I was mafia, lol.
If im not wrong, it was because we only had 2 people without night action, you and more one. And the other one said he was not the noble, and nobody confronted you... so you became a "noble" for townie eyes in day 2
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
As I see it, a smart Mafia would have also claimed having no night role to blend in and be an option for the Noble. As the Noble cannot say and confirm he is one, it's pretty easy to do that. So yep, fail Mafia play.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So instead of a 100 % noble, there would be a 50 % noble, until the noble voted for that guy and confirmed him mafia / something else.

Yeah, mafias were such a fail.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
wizzard is skipped again in hosting. This is discrimination!

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Ah...Looks like he got himself banned.

*awkwardly walks out*
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, i talked to Josef and he proposed to both new hosts (Him and me) help xadyu. I told to him it was best to see what you guys think about this first
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As I see it, a smart Mafia would have also claimed having no night role to blend in and be an option for the Noble. As the Noble cannot say and confirm he is one, it's pretty easy to do that. So yep, fail Mafia play.
As I see it, that's pretty hard to judge if you didn't closely follow the game. It just became pretty obvious at an early stage, saying "I'm the Noble" would have lead to a confrontation with Nuno no matter what, resulting in a sure mafia as soon as he's lynched, if that actually would be the outcome. Might be a good way to go for that in certain situations, but definitely not this game.

Looking at it though, the new roles don't really change anything. It's mostly the mafia that does shit or townies playing good/getting extremely lucky. In our case we had every chance to win, the two deciding factors were Kat's extremely lucky shot on Night 1. Who tries his sanity on someone he absolutely trusts lol? Could have easily ended in a bad way, but that was pure luck. Second was Lala's heavy mistake of killing the last townie whose role wasn't confirmed yet and shortly after told her role, BP. If that wasn't blatantly obvious already, she claimed a role very unlikely to exist together with a Hider, the role I claimed. Not to mention she killed greg, who was mostly a mystery to everyone, instead of just going for a confirmed townie or the top priority, the insane doc. After that it was over and done, only a miracle could have turned this to our side. It comes down to one "fail" move and sheer luck, otherwise the chances of us winning definitely existed.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Xad could definitely need some help, so go for it :XD
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I feel the same. After Hardy's death it was all still open for both sides.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
At least I didn't ruin a game for both sides while hosting it and failing miserably as well '-' Now get over it, Niichan, wtf. Or make it a drawing now and spare yourself of the effort of writing those whinings all over again in the future...
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I don't want a co-host! WHERE'S THE TRUST! :arf
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It's hard to trust a guy that hasn't shown any real interest in the 15 games or so he has played :arf
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top