Games MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Lawlett-kun (Trunks):
Didn't do anything to stick out. Placed a random vote. He didn't say anything about his role either, if I remember correctly. Not helpful, not contributive, could be a anything. If anyone wants to vote random- this is the perfect candidate.

Farfalla (Vegeta):
Absend for whole day, so very little to check. I couldn't really support her argument on Imp, that she noticed he was in favour for randomlynch last time, but the fact that she tries to recall stuff and compare different behaviours makes me wanna believe she is a Townie. The vote on digital was random, but she said might not be the final. I would have prefered if she would share more of her thoughts, but cannot blame people that work.

Imperium (Goku):
He voted second for 3c, so was the first one to concentrate a vote, making it convinient to start a bandwagon. He claimed being Townie after digital. Then he got onto digital, doubting him. That would to some degree make sense if he would be a normal townie. This is the easiest role to claim though, as there can never be proof of it. So, always suspicious.

Gnut (Gotenks):
Seems very investigative, tries looking for patterns in past games, found a contradiction we all kind of missed. Seems not like the classical lolnut everyone is not taking serious. I think he is getting better the hang out of this game finally! At least for me it all smells like genuine townie.

Naruto-niichan (Krillin):
Kind of talked a lot, looking at the post count, but nothing what he said stuck in my head. Did he even say something about his role? I'd have to look it up. Def a player I overlooked so far. Somewhat suspicious.

Mazino (Broly):
Voted random, claimed having a useful townie role I think. Didn't share many thoughts the game though. Reminds me when he had bulletproof role.

Kat (Freeza):
Suspicious joke while being at school, or what was the explanation to this mess again? So contradicting statements concerning the roles. Not a really rational vote change- short after challed it stupid herself. She definitely strikes as suspicious.

Digitaldude (Tapion):
Claimed being Townie, asked to be killed several times. Calls everyone mafia. While some things like the random and quick votes on day one are typical digital, I am not so sure about the rest. I don't really remember seeing a suicidal digital. It seemed like he wants to guilt trip people from voting him, very odd. I remember him saying after the last or two games back, that it's normal Townies who come out as themselves are destined to die. Yet he does it now again. Is this sorrowful attitude an act to get sympathy? Maybe.

Hardy (Piccolo):
Was kinda absent, playing lol, I felt he was less spammy this time. He was the first to lock his vote, reason was not completely clear. His vote was definitely suspicious.

3c (Raditz):
Role play role play role play. He hides a lot behind random character interactions. But it's like in every game he feels a connection with the theme. Reserved about his role, which is ok, but also reserved about his suspects, which was not so ok.

Sakura_Saluja (Videl):
'My only power is voting' something, confused the shit out of me. Noob wildcard. Voted random, is also a random target so far. Could be anything.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

What argument? you know that she voted and has more than 3 posts, she obviously won't get hostkilled.

Also, in the Spongebob game there was a townie actually. We had a discussion in the other thread, where I stated that we needed games with more normal townies on them, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have some in this one.

And in any case, if they are townies with a secret role, they are still townies.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Lawlett-kun (Trunks):
Didn't do anything to stick out. Placed a random vote. He didn't say anything about his role either, if I remember correctly. Not helpful, not contributive, could be a anything. If anyone wants to vote random- this is the perfect candidate.

Farfalla (Vegeta):
Absend for whole day, so very little to check. I couldn't really support her argument on Imp, that she noticed he was in favour for randomlynch last time, but the fact that she tries to recall stuff and compare different behaviours makes me wanna believe she is a Townie. The vote on digital was random, but she said might not be the final. I would have prefered if she would share more of her thoughts, but cannot blame people that work.

Imperium (Goku):
He voted second for 3c, so was the first one to concentrate a vote, making it convinient to start a bandwagon. He claimed being Townie after digital. Then he got onto digital, doubting him. That would to some degree make sense if he would be a normal townie. This is the easiest role to claim though, as there can never be proof of it. So, always suspicious.

Gnut (Gotenks):
Seems very investigative, tries looking for patterns in past games, found a contradiction we all kind of missed. Seems not like the classical lolnut everyone is not taking serious. I think he is getting better the hang out of this game finally! At least for me it all smells like genuine townie.

Naruto-niichan (Krillin):
Kind of talked a lot, looking at the post count, but nothing what he said stuck in my head. Did he even say something about his role? I'd have to look it up. Def a player I overlooked so far. Somewhat suspicious.

Mazino (Broly):
Voted random, claimed having a useful townie role I think. Didn't share many thoughts the game though. Reminds me when he had bulletproof role.

Kat (Freeza):
Suspicious joke while being at school, or what was the explanation to this mess again? So contradicting statements concerning the roles. Not a really rational vote change- short after challed it stupid herself. She definitely strikes as suspicious.

Digitaldude (Tapion):
Claimed being Townie, asked to be killed several times. Calls everyone mafia. While some things like the random and quick votes on day one are typical digital, I am not so sure about the rest. I don't really remember seeing a suicidal digital. It seemed like he wants to guilt trip people from voting him, very odd. I remember him saying after the last or two games back, that it's normal Townies who come out as themselves are destined to die. Yet he does it now again. Is this sorrowful attitude an act to get sympathy? Maybe.


Hardy (Piccolo):
Was kinda absent, playing lol, I felt he was less spammy this time. He was the first to lock his vote, reason was not completely clear. His vote was definitely suspicious.

3c (Raditz):
Role play role play role play. He hides a lot behind random character interactions. But it's like in every game he feels a connection with the theme. Reserved about his role, which is ok, but also reserved about his suspects, which was not so ok.

Sakura_Saluja (Videl):
'My only power is voting' something, confused the shit out of me. Noob wildcard. Voted random, is also a random target so far. Could be anything.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

What argument? you know that she voted and has more than 3 posts, she obviously won't get hostkilled.

Also, in the Spongebob game there was a townie actually. We had a discussion in the other thread, where I stated that we needed games with more normal townies on them, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have some in this one.

And in any case, if they are townies with a secret role, they are still townies.
i just post above...my bad...i seen past DD as townie in spongebob...same with sakura's vote....i read at 6am...1st page....them got home and read the other 13...check my post...i started from my last post...when i pulled kat's post from 1st page...i just skimmed down to read her post thru her avi...i wasn't lookin for votes

anyways...my argument is 3 regular/vanilla townies....ok
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Now I'm almost voting for Sakura. She was excited to play, posted only 6 times, said something that raised questions, and even after saying she was sorry for a late reply, she went away from this thread again while she was posting in other threads meanwhile for 1:20h (and people were still asking her questions here). Looked like she was dodging this place. She might be a newbie, but I don't get why an excited person would avoid answering a simple question.
"She" is lawlett.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Last edited:

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Explain more man.
so you believe there are three regulars???

this is just as good as my 2 mafia and 3rd party theory:lmao

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

i need to vote come on people....influence the lolnut:p
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

so you believe there are three regulars???

this is just as good as my 2 mafia and 3rd party theory:lmao
Not really, one of them might be something else / lying, but I'm not following how it's an ¨argument¨.

Also, Sakura never claimed townie, as I said before I'm pretty sure she has a role.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Not really, one of them might be something else / lying, but I'm not following how it's an ¨argument¨.

Also, Sakura never claimed townie, as I said before I'm pretty sure she has a role.
how can you be sure....did she say she did not read her role???

bro...if she ain't it....DD or imp are bad news
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Sakura might have the Unlimited Voter Disease thing besides her other role, now that I think about it. Maybe that was what the reference about voting was about.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

So far this the arguments we have based on the voting order.

3c - Random (may change later). Random. Random
Evil3ye - Random. Random. Random.
digitaldude - Random (may change later). He asked to be killed.
Hardy - Random. Because he had an early vote lock.
gnut - Has the strongest character in DB.

Out of all of those the only arguments that really stand as coherent is the 3c argument (early vote lock) on hardy. Alongside that is the argument of Kats behaviour and her unsatisfactory reasoning behind her vote change.
The interest of the town going forward is to find an alternative to the random votes. Now in my opinion the cases against 3c, Evil3ye, digitaldude and gnut I believe rest on nothing but randomness. The only case that has a semblance of an argument are the ones against Hardy and Kat. In my opinion the choice between those two should be the main concern of the town in this phase. Unless another argument arises.

The overriding concern of a mafia player during the first phase is to firstly stay alive so you can reach the first night and formulate a plan. Secondly to lynch a townie. Their concern naturally will be to survival first before implicating another player, but they would prefer to implicate a strong player or someone with an important role if survival can be assured. We should always bear that in mind when we try to dig out who is what.

So far we have

  • Kat's behaviour. The argument begins with this post by her. The questions raised where why she gave contradicting posts about her role. She stated that it was an attempt at a joke/troll aimed at digitaldude. She also stated the reason for the time difference between the two posts was because she was at school and she didnt want her phone confiscated. Now the second line of argument about her behaviour is why she chose to change a random vote for another random vote that changed the balance from 4-2 to 3-3 votes between 3c and Evil3ye. She states it was random and maybe stupid but not malicious. She revealed her role to be an investigating or a protection role. After her revelation she left and the discussion on her behaviour ended there.
Kat:
The only questions related to that I can think of is, if it was a joke why didnt she end the joke within the same post? From my perspective those kinds of jokes tend to be finished in the same post within a spoiler.

Her defence was that she was in class when she posted first (12:04 CET) and she posted the second time at the end of class (12:41 CET). Are your classes 40mins?

Hardy:

You stated that you have a reason for voting for 3c, can you outline them? Secondly can you give a more detailed reason behind your votelock?
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

The interest of the town going forward is to find an alternative to the random votes. Now in my opinion the cases against 3c, Evil3ye, digitaldude and gnut I believe rest on nothing but randomness. The only case that has a semblance of an argument are the ones against Hardy and Kat. In my opinion the choice between those two should be the main concern of the town in this phase. Unless another argument arises.

The overriding concern of a mafia player during the first phase is to firstly stay alive so you can reach the first night and formulate a plan. Secondly to lynch a townie. Their concern naturally will be to survival first before implicating another player, but they would prefer to implicate a strong player or someone with an important role if survival can be assured. We should always bear that in mind when we try to dig out who is what.

So far we have

  • Kat's behaviour. The argument begins with this post by her. The questions raised where why she gave contradicting posts about her role. She stated that it was an attempt at a joke/troll aimed at digitaldude. She also stated the reason for the time difference between the two posts was because she was at school and she didnt want her phone confiscated. Now the second line of argument about her behaviour is why she chose to change a random vote for another random vote that changed the balance from 4-2 to 3-3 votes between 3c and Evil3ye. She states it was random and maybe stupid but not malicious. She revealed her role to be an investigating or a protection role. After her revelation she left and the discussion on her behaviour ended there.
Kat:
The only questions related to that I can think of is, if it was a joke why didnt she end the joke within the same post? From my perspective those kinds of jokes tend to be finished in the same post within a spoiler.

Her defence was that she was in class when she posted first (12:04 CET) and she posted the second time at the end of class (12:41 CET). Are your classes 40mins?

Hardy:

You stated that you have a reason for voting for 3c, can you outline them? Secondly can you give a more detailed reason behind your votelock?
DD said indeed one of you are death miller...do you find it wrong me to suspect you???
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

not just you imp...but the plain townie claims...?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,127
Reaction score
14,108
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Go back to this post and see the post I quote greg.

Obviously, I can't say I'm sure of her nor her possible roles. It's just the way she expresses herself. She always talks in a ¨wide¨ way when she refers about her role.



Omg this is so hard to explain in English.

Usually, no one gets explanations about roles in the PM unless it's a complex or new role. This post is kinda hinting that she thinks we get explanations. Therefore, she did get an explanation and she does have a role.
You can translate this one but it's pretty much the same

Ok, I think I nailed it in English though.

La manera en la que se expresa en esa frase indica que piensa que recibimos explicaciones. Dudo que un normal townie haya recibido un PM explicando su rol, no hay nada que explicar. Si lo que digo está bien, recibió un PM con un rol que requería una explicación, y por lo tanto ella no es vainilla. O nos está ocultando algo, o está siendo confusa sin querer (probablemente por ser nueva en el juego).
@Imp , it was mostly him barely reacting to the votes against him, like giving them little to none importance, I already explained that though.

Why wouldnt I votelock if I dont think Ill find something that screams mafia? Werent you in favour of lynching someone completely randomly, arent you a bit of a hypocrite then?

Theres no way Im staying late to defend myself AGAIN for literally no freaking reason btw.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

DD said indeed one of you are death miller...do you find it wrong me to suspect you???
Not really no. I think it is the height of foolishness to have someone you dont suspect especially in the first phase. Frankly I suspect everyone, its only that I dont have credible arguments against most of the players that stops me from acting on it. You dont want to be in a situation where you are assuming someone is telling the truth simply because you inherently trust them.

Having said that though, I dont believe in the argument for a death miller, mainly because I think most people have got Sakura's role wrong. I dont think she meant to imply she was a plain townie. If she is, then the argument gains credence I think. But having a death miller would mean the game is being balanced in a more intricate way than usual (2 mafia + death miller, or 3 mafia + death miller would need to be balanced by a stronger town/masons or a third party of some sort), and its something I dont see Xadyu doing with such a small game and his inexperience.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Re: MAFIA GAME 37 - DRAGON BALL - THE BATTLE FOR BALANCE

Kat:
The only questions related to that I can think of is, if it was a joke why didnt she end the joke within the same post? From my perspective those kinds of jokes tend to be finished in the same post within a spoiler.

Her defence was that she was in class when she posted first (12:04 CET) and she posted the second time at the end of class (12:41 CET). Are your classes 40mins?

Hardy:

You stated that you have a reason for voting for 3c, can you outline them? Secondly can you give a more detailed reason behind your votelock?
Nice post there. Classes in Germany are 45min, sometimes the teachers may be late or end earlier, so 40min gap between the posts is plausible. In my school time we had no portable internet gadgets, which I actually am really thankful for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top