Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anime Popularity.
Plus volume 11 release, probably. It's nice, Komi Naoshi never disappointed me regarding CPs.

This TOC gives me the impression that the series are scattered, but the positions are somewhat normal.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ahhhh Soul Catcher(s) hang on for a few more weeks for the new buffers...
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Stealth Symphony looks so good.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,935
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stealth Symphony looks simply divine. Fantastic fresh visual direction, unique provocative style, and adorable parts in it make me an even harder core fan than I already am.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Stealth Symphony looks simply divine. Fantastic fresh visual direction, unique provocative style, and adorable parts in it make me an even harder core fan than I already am.
you've seen... what? at most like a one-shot, a promotional image, a cover and a colour spread? If you're a hardcore fan of it at this point then you are a ridiculously easy sell. I mean it looks nice, but slow down and actually give yourself room to form a considered opinion about it.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
you've seen... what? at most like a one-shot, a promotional image, a cover and a colour spread? If you're a hardcore fan of it at this point then you are a ridiculously easy sell. I mean it looks nice, but slow down and actually give yourself room to form a considered opinion about it.
While "divine" might be a bit of over-reaction, knowing SharkBait this seems like a Manga to his tastes.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Except of the strange expression of Furuichi, good CP for an ending.
Beelzebub was better at the beginning, but I still got some fun in the recent chapters. Loooking forward to see Tamura's next work.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

While "divine" might be a bit of over-reaction, knowing SharkBait this seems like a Manga to his tastes.
Even so, he hasn't read it yet. A series isn't made by color pages and cover. One-shot is not parameter either, they can change the story drastically from oneshot to series.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,078
Reaction score
6,935
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even so, he hasn't read it yet. A series isn't made by color pages and cover. One-shot is not parameter either, they can change the story drastically from oneshot to series.
Plot described by viz makes it sound good plotwise. I dont really see an issue with already claiming a series as a favorite.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I like that Stealth Symphony color page. It's well drawn and has some cool looking character designs. Kind of gives me a more light-hearted D.Gray-Man/Blue Exorcist vibe. I think this series will be in the English Shonen Jump next week, so it will be the first new WSJ series I will give a chance since STARS.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm bit worried for WT and Soul catcher,with the exception of Ishoujo,Illegal rare,TWB and Stealth symphony seems really good manga.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Plot described by viz makes it sound good plotwise. I dont really see an issue with already claiming a series as a favorite.
What's described in summary or sinopse is just a small part of the whole. Most of the series sound interesting when you read a summary, but there are other factors to be considered when you are actually reading. You should read it before claim something, the deception will be small, if it occur.
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Plot described by viz makes it sound good plotwise. I dont really see an issue with already claiming a series as a favorite.
I agree, there isn't really a problem with that. It just seems short-sighted to call something a favourite when you haven't read the damn thing yet. I mean c'mon, you're basically just deciding to like it because you want yourself to like it at this point, instead of assessing the work the creators have even put into it. It's just... picking something as a beloved object without seeing more than gllimpses of it.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hm well Beel ended, so do expect Bleach to be more like last 3 now, if it continues like this, but I doubt it, it will levitate juist above the bottom five, this was probably a one time drop ... but anything can happen.

Also anything involving MASKS is good in my book, looking forward to the new manga.^^
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hm well Beel ended, so do expect Bleach to be more like last 3 now, if it continues like this, but I doubt it, it will levitate juist above the bottom five, this was probably a one time drop ... but anything can happen.
Even though it stays at bottom 5, I doubt the editors going to axe Bleach.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top