Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's impresive how much SnS sells, but if get an anime I'm sure it'll double the sales.
I wonder if the boost would be that dramatic.

-
I didnt know the world trigger snack promo gave access to five or so chapters. Maybe the curious will get into the manga.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Those Isobe Isobee Monogatari~Ukiyo wa Tsuraiyo~ sales are most impressive I think considering its volume number and such. Thats like even better than World Trigger and Soul Catcher(s) debut.
and it's a gag manga, which don't traditionally sell super well in volumes, so it's ridiculously impressive. It also means it might be back in print long enough for me to get a copy, but I digress I'm just super excited.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Source: Haikyuu!! spoiler

815 名前:名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい[sage] 投稿日:2014/02/26(水) 19:12:32.17 ID:c6H6FQdx0 [2/2]
アイアンはどうなのかな・・・
「さあ鉄の騎士君!! クライマックスだ!!」とか言ってるぞ
Iron Knight might end next week.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Source: Haikyuu!! spoiler



Iron Knight might end next week.
Chp 7 was so fun and with the series in a lighter funner tone it started to grow on me.

Monster apocalypse is just not suitable material to build a compelling introduction set of chapters in Jump.
 

DrewHLMW

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 23, 2014
Messages
12
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Has there ever been a case where no manga has been consistently in the bottom 4/5 and that the manga serialised just bounce around so that nothing gets cancelled. That would be kinda interesting to see.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
TWB's drawing style remember me a lot Shokugeki no soma's
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I love how that famous German brand is used so openly on the cover lol

TWB's drawing style remember me a lot Shokugeki no soma's
I don't think they look alike at all. The art in Shokugeki has way more details in the eyes... I think.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I love how that famous German brand is used so openly on the cover lol
Also, the football shown in the picture is the official ball for the upcoming world cup. It's name is Brazuca.
 

Eru13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
829
Reaction score
1,149
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Also, the football shown in the picture is the official ball for the upcoming world cup. It's name is Brazuca.
True that, funny enough that one of the authors said "[...]By no means did we get on board the World Cup ship[...]" <-Yeah right...
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Also, the football shown in the picture is the official ball for the upcoming world cup. It's name is Brazuca.
Lol seriously? Had no idea at all since I don't like football...
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I don't understand why japaneses don't like football,is the most popular sport of the world,more than basket and volley.Maybe this new series will go well against our prerogatives.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't understand why japaneses don't like football,is the most popular sport of the world,more than basket and volley.Maybe this new series will go well against our prerogatives.
Who said they don't? :huh There's many more popular soccer manga historically, than Basketball or freaking Volleyball :lmao
 
Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I don't understand why japaneses don't like football,is the most popular sport of the world,more than basket and volley.Maybe this new series will go well against our prerogatives.
You think soccer is unpopular in Japan just because soccer manga didn't do well in Jump?
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Who said they don't? :huh There's many more popular soccer manga historically, than Basketball or Volleyball.
Which ones, I only know Ganbare,Kickers and Captain Tsubasa.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Which ones, I only know Ganbare,Kickers and Captain Tsubasa.
Whistle!, Area no Kishi, Shoot!, Days, Fantasista, Giant Killing, etc., etc.

There are many successful soccer series and I don't know why Pietro thinks soccer is unpopular in Japan.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Which ones, I only know Ganbare,Kickers and Captain Tsubasa.
There's Whistle!, Area no Kishi, Giant Killing, etc as well.

Well, I don't know exact numbers, of course. But I think it's obviously a more popular sport in Japan than Basketball or Volleyball. The only thing that might beat it is Baseball, and that's evident in the realm of manga as well. But to say the Japanese don't like soccer just because there isn't one running in Jump is pretty ridiculous. Would someone say the Japanese don't like Baseball because there isn't one in Jump? Of course not.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It is more like they love it by what I know. They even consider Zico (brazilian soccer player), who was their team's coach, a hero.

I think it is a little risky rely on in an event like World Cup to promote something that they expect to last much more than World Cup itself lasts. I mean, the promotion will end very fast, but the series has to continue for years, in a perfect scenario.
I think that is because the author deny that it has relation with the World Cup, for the series' popularity not suffer because of what will happen or not in the World Cup.
 
Last edited:

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Some of these are Magazine and Sunday,but over Captain Tsubasa and Giant killing,there's no series to beat 300k.No one has had the boom like Kuroko had.
And in jump all the soccer series end up dropped,and the last has been Dois sol,so I think is very difficult to this one to be successfull,but I'm hopless abut it.
 

DihDiogo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
66
Reaction score
47
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think you can't think about a country's likes based in a manga success or not.
In Brazil, we love soccer, but we only have one manga of this genre here (and it is Inazuma Eleven, lol). What people don't like to read is not exactly what they don't like to do.

Besides, the last years soccer mangas were very very bad... Dois Sol was terrible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top