Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The second preview for upcoming Gokukoku no Brynhildr animation:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oh okay. And no problem. This is slightly off topic and stuff but since it is about Nejimaki....

As someone who understands 80 percent (compared to my probably 65 percent that goes up to maybe 90 percent with a dictonary), what do you think of the translations? At least with Gintama I can compare my scripts with kewl's and get an idea of where I stand but with Nejimaki I have no idea really. Be as straight as you want. I can take it. It's all in an effort to improve myself and stuff.

But yeah. I think the Student council arc is probably the best in the series. I'd like the school election arc more if there weren't so much kanji I don't know. >_< I don't remember what chapters they are, but it's most of volume 11. (The student election arc that is.)
I think they are great, I mean you obviously have more experience in Japanese than me (I've only been studying for 1 year and a half at uni) and I recognize I sometimes makes some small mistakes when I'm not careful. I'm in no way able to juge others translation when they have more experience than me, I can only see how amazing they are XD
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think they are great, I mean you obviously have more experience in Japanese than me (I've only been studying for 1 year and a half at uni) and I recognize I sometimes makes some small mistakes when I'm not careful. I'm in no way able to juge others translation when they have more experience than me, I can only see how amazing they are XD
Hah. I've been basically teaching myself for the better part of...almost six years? So I think someone who's been in formal classes might be a little better off than me. I keep meaning to take some but...time and money. Thanks anyway though.

In a futile effort to stay on topic, I assume you bought the manga from somewhere? I only remember seeing volume one up in public raws. I'm translating from my own private stash, but it's awesome you're already up to chapter 61. The main fight between Kagyuu and Eliza is pretty awesome though...and wait till you get to the fights between the student council officers and Kagyuu's friends. The art is even more incredible there. It's weird that they're all chicks though. XD You'd think we'd have at least one other male character.. (Yoh only half counts) than Kamo and and the BC.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hah. I've been basically teaching myself for the better part of...almost six years? So I think someone who's been in formal classes might be a little better off than me. I keep meaning to take some but...time and money. Thanks anyway though.

In a futile effort to stay on topic, I assume you bought the manga from somewhere? I only remember seeing volume one up in public raws. I'm translating from my own private stash, but it's awesome you're already up to chapter 61. The main fight between Kagyuu and Eliza is pretty awesome though...and wait till you get to the fights between the student council officers and Kagyuu's friends. The art is even more incredible there. It's weird that they're all chicks though. XD You'd think we'd have at least one other male character.. (Yoh only half counts) than Kamo and and the BC.
Well I'm still currently following grammar classes and I can actually see things as I've read them in manga before and I get an improved comprehension but my vocabulary in Japanese isn't that great (in my opinion) and there is also the fact that I'm translating to English and my vocabulary is pretty limited in that language too so a lot of expression I could use sometimes I actually don't... I looked at Mr. Prince's translations again and I was amazed. The level he has in English is really impressive. After a certain time, it's basically the ability in the mother tongue and the expressions /vocabulary as well as difference between literal / non literal translation that gives quality and the translator own style.

As for Nejimaki I'm actually reading off magazine raws from my raw provider (he also has volumes up to 11 too but I chose magazine raws for the color pages). I'm pretty tight on budget so I don't know buying the volumes might be a little too much for me (I have so many manga I already want to buy too...). Yeah I love the fighting scenes in the manga. They are incredible. And then the way the artist has to go from a "scary" face to a cute face all of a sudden make for some real twist. Every time this happens I'm like "wtf, awesome!!" I must say though what attracted me most in the series in the action scenes, I dig action manga and this one had the perfect art for it^^ I'm up to c63 now, and the manga had a color page for the occasion in the magazine, the art in color is so beautiful... I must say the author really evolved. Among the series I follow in WYJ he might be the author I prefer for color pages, though Innocent's are incredible too. The only color pages I don't like are Terra Formars', the colors look weird, which might actually be why I prefer to buy volumes as they come out for the series and why I don't follow it in the mgazines (not anymore)...

Well at least there are two males characters in Nejimaki. I'm reading Destro 246 by the mangaka of Jormungand and there were two guys that literally has no screen time and one of them just got killed off in that latest chapter >.<
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well I'm still currently following grammar classes and I can actually see things as I've read them in manga before and I get an improved comprehension but my vocabulary in Japanese isn't that great (in my opinion) and there is also the fact that I'm translating to English and my vocabulary is pretty limited in that language too so a lot of expression I could use sometimes I actually don't... I looked at Mr. Prince's translations again and I was amazed. The level he has in English is really impressive. After a certain time, it's basically the ability in the mother tongue and the expressions /vocabulary as well as difference between literal / non literal translation that gives quality and the translator own style.
Yeah. I've read Mr. Prince's stuff and find it incredible. Personally I prefer to 'localize' stuff as I'm translating for English speaking audiences, and not for Japanese ones. No need to be overly literal just because it's 'right'. Though you're quite good for someone who's translating from one non-native language to another. I can't even imagine that.

As for Nejimaki I'm actually reading off magazine raws from my raw provider (he also has volumes up to 11 too but I chose magazine raws for the color pages). I'm pretty tight on budget so I don't know buying the volumes might be a little too much for me (I have so many manga I already want to buy too...). Yeah I love the fighting scenes in the manga. They are incredible. And then the way the artist has to go from a "scary" face to a cute face all of a sudden make for some real twist. Every time this happens I'm like "wtf, awesome!!" I must say though what attracted me most in the series in the action scenes, I dig action manga and this one had the perfect art for it^^ I'm up to c63 now, and the manga had a color page for the occasion in the magazine, the art in color is so beautiful... I must say the author really evolved. Among the series I follow in WYJ he might be the author I prefer for color pages, though Innocent's are incredible too. The only color pages I don't like are Terra Formars', the colors look weird, which might actually be why I prefer to buy volumes as they come out for the series and why I don't follow it in the mgazines (not anymore)...
Yeah, Nakayama's really come a long way from early Nejimaki/end of Traumeister. He's found a way to sort of streamline his own art which I think has advantages and disadvantages....but there's no denying that it looks amazing. I remember first seeing his art in Traumeister and being really impressed....so much so that I bought all five volumes and intend to get back to it someday....someday. Nakayama does some real cool things with perspective and focus that complement fight scenes well, and of course the duality of his character designs is awesome too. You're lucky to have magazine raws, because I basically have to hold my volumes open with one hand while translating/typing with the other. It's a pain in the ass really, but at least maybe when I get to chapter 100 or so there are public mag raws so I don't have to do that anymore. Still, I'm not looking forward to the election arc. He uses double the words which means more kanji for me to have to figure out.

Ditto on the color pages. I had one as my cellphone wall paper for a while. I think it was chapter one forty something with Eliza. I really love that one. There's also the one he did for chapter zero in Young jump seed that had a young Kagyuu and Marble that I really enjoyed as well. I can't wait till you get to later chapters though...the current stuff is really awesome.

Well at least there are two males characters in Nejimaki. I'm reading Destro 246 by the mangaka of Jormungand and there were two guys that literally has no screen time and one of them just got killed off in that latest chapter >.<
I'm not complaining, it's just odd that it's never explained. I could understand if the school in Nejimaki was an all girls school...that's different. But it isn't. So it's just odd that all of the characters are female. And RIP nameless screentimeless guy in Destro 246. You'll be remembered the best we can for some time.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm not complaining, it's just odd that it's never explained. I could understand if the school in Nejimaki was an all girls school...that's different. But it isn't. So it's just odd that all of the characters are female. And RIP nameless screentimeless guy in Destro 246. You'll be remembered the best we can for some time.
Wait, it's a "mixed" school? Lol, weird then. So the only guy in there is Yoh... Though so many characters look like guys lol, like that biker in ch62-63 with the glasses. "Eeeeeeeeeeeeh??!! Fighting between comrades", that scene was priceless.

That aside does anyone know when Gunjou Senki volume 1/2 come or came out? I haven't seen the series chart in the top 50 but maybe I missed it. Anyway impressive for Kakuriyo Monogatari to actually be at more than 30,000 copies for its second volume first week sales.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That aside does anyone know when Gunjou Senki volume 1/2 come or came out? I haven't seen the series chart in the top 50 but maybe I missed it.
Volume 1 released on January and volume 2 released on this month; both volumes unable to made in top 50.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Volume 1 released on January and volume 2 released on this month; both volumes unable to made in top 50.
Damn I hope the volumes make it in top 50 quickly...
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Damn I hope the volumes make it in top 50 quickly...
Well, getting good reception in Young Jump is different from getting good reception in Shounen Jump. So, I think it may going to take a while until it made into top 50.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

The preview picture for Youkai Shoujo -Monsga- (upcoming new series by Funatsu Kazuki):
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was a 3rd season of Kingdom announced since it did end on today?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It ended on a cliffhanger just like season 2 did. The end stayed true to the manga up to that point, just skipping a couple scenes where new characters appeared and will probably stick those in the beginning of a new season. And given how high the sales have been after the 2nd season, an eventual third season seems pretty likely. There's more than enough content left for it. S2 ended in V24 and the newest volume is V33.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Issue 14:
Youkai Shoujo -Monsga- (Lead CP, New Series)
Terra Formars
Kingdom
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Tokyo Ghoul
Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger (CP)
Gunjou Senki
Barcelona no Taiyou
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Himouto! Umaru-chan (CP)
Usogui
Boku Girl
81 Diver
Nipongo
Kakuriyo Monogatari
Destroy and Revolution
Mongrel
Samurai Soldier
Nejimaki Kagyuu
Grand Slam
Innocent

Kamen Teacher Black, All You Need Is Kill (Absent)

Youkai Shoujo -Monsga- (New Series)


Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger


Himouto! Umaru-chan


Issue 15:
Cover: All You Need Is Kill
Lead CP: 81 Diver
CP: Nejimaki Kagyuu, Innocent
Absent: Kingdom, Kamen Teacher Black
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Started 81diver today, pretty peculiar manga I must say (like most other series in WYJ). Extremely quick to read.
Now that ToC. Gunjou Senki still going extremely strong, especially when you consider than 3 of the series above it have / will have anime... and I guess Innocent's color page next week is for the volume release?

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

She is a Youkai what did you expect?! :teehee
A youkai with a stretching / long neck, snake like...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top