Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,462
Reaction score
39,366
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not reading, just looking the raws, but really, IShoujo seems so generic, the art is not great, the ecchi is really generic, not to mention that SJ is already have a popular romcom, if survive and the others get axed, i will be really surprised. But this opinion is based only in the raws
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not reading, just looking the raws, but really, IShoujo seems so generic, the art is not great, the ecchi is really generic, not to mention that SJ is already have a popular romcom, if survive and the others get axed, i will be really surprised. But this opinion is based only in the raws
I've been giving it a go and... I guess I'm with you on the ecchi being generic, but beyond that I have to disagree. I've found it super enjoyable. But maybe something's said for reading it, so I hope scans come out for you to give it another go
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,462
Reaction score
39,366
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I've been giving it a go and... I guess I'm with you on the ecchi being generic, but beyond that I have to disagree. I've found it super enjoyable. But maybe something's said for reading it, so I hope scans come out for you to give it another go
Yeah, I will read, and the generic thing that i talk is not really negative, is more about "i see this a lot of times".
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I've been giving it a go and... I guess I'm with you on the ecchi being generic, but beyond that I have to disagree. I've found it super enjoyable. But maybe something's said for reading it, so I hope scans come out for you to give it another go
Yeah, I agree on the ecchi being generic but I don't think it will be the main selling point of the series. I mean c03 didn't have any ecchi at all which actually gives me some hope for this series that I actually started reading being really biased knowing it would be ecchi (something I hate in shounen works usually) and that was only because I wanted to see what it was really like and was surprised to see I liked it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Is there any Ecchi no generic? I mean, is there any ecchi inovative out there? XD
Shokugeki no Soma has a really interesting use of Ecchi, though.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Well I'm thinking the fact that iShoujo got a Twitter page so quickly could mean the series has been an immediate success.
Wonder how the bodes for the other 3 series.
I'm not a huge fan of Stealth Symphony at all, and I like Illegal Rare despite its flaws, and Tokyo Wonder Boys was just okay in my opinion but could get a lot better.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well I'm thinking the fact that iShoujo got a Twitter page so quickly could mean the series has been an immediate success.
Wonder how the bodes for the other 3 series.
Not that much. They are making Twitter for nearly every series. Kiruko had one IIRC. World Trigger's one was made quite early, too, and it was not that popular even now.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Not that much. They are making Twitter for nearly every series. Kiruko had one IIRC. World Trigger's one was made quite early, too, and it was not that popular even now.
True but Kiruko had a really big online fanbase right off the bat, and World Trigger while it debuted low in the rankings, wasn't an outright bomb like most new series.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I dont really think it could mean that it is having immediate success unless it is a series they will move elsewhere or something. Just think of all the anime that get twitter accounts and end up being failures in reception.

Though if it truly is that popular already and immediately successful then nisekoi ought to watch out.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's very possible that they see a series like iShoujo being one with more of an audience online (it sorta seeming like a niche fanservice series), so as a result, they might be reaching out to them by running a twitter account.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Viz said nisekoi is performing well. 4 weeks on top 10 best sellers (The New York Times® Best Sellers
= for volume 1). And volume 2 currently sits at 6h on amazon com. Online stores have been gaining importance lately btw (i've read).

 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,075
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No one in phillipines or india ever seem actively participating in the state of jump in their lands.

It is always interesting to see the regional spread of what are the rather cherished titles in each land, death note always being on their EoY lists, kind of suggests that Naruto may do the same for years after it ends, Bakuman may even as well. Cant wait for mid year 2015 when they start praising World Trigger, Stealth Symphony, AssClass, and Seraph of the End (seems like it would be as popular as BLue Exorcist here, especially if it gets anime this year).
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
I'm just finished reading Stealh Symphony Chp 1 and in my opinion, its dissapointing. Just another lame and uninteresting story. I will keep reading 2-3 chapter more to see how the story will turn up.

Humm, can someone please tell me what group will scanlate iShoujo?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm just finished reading Stealh Symphony Chp 1 and in my opinion, its dissapointing. Just another lame and uninteresting story. I will keep reading 2-3 chapter more to see how the story will turn up.

Humm, can someone please tell me what group will scanlate iShoujo?
Agreed. It's just so damn generic and basic. Nothing stood out to me at all or grabbed my interest.
The art as well just looks way too clean and generic, almost out of something you'd see in those "How to draw manga" books.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm just finished reading Stealh Symphony Chp 1 and in my opinion, its dissapointing. Just another lame and uninteresting story. I will keep reading 2-3 chapter more to see how the story will turn up.

Humm, can someone please tell me what group will scanlate iShoujo?
Ch1 actually seems better after reading c02 since the situation continues to unfold in c02. As for I Shojo, Renzokusei Scans will be doing it (currently stalled at redraws).
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
No one in phillipines or india ever seem actively participating in the state of jump in their lands.
Being an Indian, I can vouch for the fact that anime and manga are popular and the popularity is rising. But I have doubts about people actually buying stuff there.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Seriously World Trigger has way too many characters... the full cast (for now) is composed of 77 people O.o
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed. It's just so damn generic and basic. Nothing stood out to me at all or grabbed my interest.
The art as well just looks way too clean and generic, almost out of something you'd see in those "How to draw manga" books.
I'd call that a harsh assessment of Stealth Symphony. Yoichi's grown magnificently as an artist in the last couple of years, and this time he's finally broken away from being just another Fujisaki or Obata-esque imitator. It's a lot less busy and pulls off a lot of stuff well. The twist at the end of chapter 1 though.... I dunno. I liked the title a lot more right before that page.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Seriously World Trigger has way too many characters... the full cast (for now) is composed of 77 people O.o
Woah. That's a lot! O.O
He really should stop introducing more characters and try and make the existing ones more interesting. WT suffers from uninteresting characters. Only if the characters become interesting will the fights have a bigger impact on the reader.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top