Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Woah. That's a lot! O.O
He really should stop introducing more characters and try and make the existing ones more interesting. WT suffers from uninteresting characters. Only if the characters become interesting will the fights have a bigger impact on the reader.
Yeah he's working on that for now (well with the latest two chapters) with Mikumo and Kitora but yeah the cast is way too big. I assume he's going to continue introducing characters until all A-Class and B-Class are introduced though. But yeah with so many characters its hard to remember who is who, the development is low and its hard to actual "like" one out of the lot. The color pages are getting a bit repetitive too though. They always features Osamu / Kuga / Chika / Jin. In one year no other character has really been featured by itself on one color page (I know they are the main characters but still...)
 

calimike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
349
Reaction score
422
Gender
Male
Country
United States

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone could just take it twitter, not like they could manually read thousands of tweets.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
TWB CP - That dude is literally saying "Come here girls!" with that pose.

Pretty good CP from AC.

Yeah he's working on that for now (well with the latest two chapters) with Mikumo and Kitora but yeah the cast is way too big. I assume he's going to continue introducing characters until all A-Class and B-Class are introduced though. But yeah with so many characters its hard to remember who is who, the development is low and its hard to actual "like" one out of the lot. The color pages are getting a bit repetitive too though. They always features Osamu / Kuga / Chika / Jin. In one year no other character has really been featured by itself on one color page (I know they are the main characters but still...)
Yeah, I'm kinda unimpressed with WT's Lead CP. The colors are so bland and again, it's pretty much the same characters in uninteresting poses. I don't get why the author makes the colors so bland. I get it that he is trying to give it that Sci-fi moody look but he needs to use some other colors.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I had a feeling of dejavu seeing World Trigger Cover and CP. o.o
Good CPs from AC and Nisekoi, of course.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I had a feeling of dejavu seeing World Trigger Cover and CP. o.o
Good CPs from AC and Nisekoi, of course.
World Trigger color page is basically the same one the series had when it started. Take the same picture, add buildings, birds, change the clothes around and Voilà!

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Anyway just looked at Iron Knight 13 and well things escalated quickly, already a 1 year timeskip lol. Stealth Symphony is so-so I guess. The series is neither good enough to really like it nor really bad that I'd drop it, it's average I guess. I Shoujo was pretty funny...
 

phoenixalia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 26, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
India
No one in phillipines or india ever seem actively participating in the state of jump in their lands.
Hi. I believe this is my first post in this thread but I just had to post seeing this comment.

I live in India and manga is definitely not big here(it's a fruit for many people...manga means mango where I live) but there are a few people scattered across the states in India who love Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and One Piece here though they don't know it's from JUMP or what JUMP is and you can't find manga in random book stores(at least I couldn't find it even in book stores in a pretty big city) so not many know that there's a company which publishes manga in English or that you can even buy manga in English.

If there were more fans of anime and manga here, it would be better I think. And if they were available in more book stores. I like to draw manga in my spare time and whenever I draw people ask if they're 'ghosts' or evil spirits.. People are only familiar with American cartoons here like Ben 10(bleh in my opinion xD ) Another thing is, here, usually, many people think comics and cartoons(they don't know what 'anime' is usually) are for little kids. And people are more interested in local romantic films(again, bleh in my opinion xD). So, I don't have many friends since I don't like a lot of mainstream stuff.

I don't have anyone here to talk about anime or manga where I live so I always stick to online forums...

But enough about me.
 
Last edited:

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Isn't the cover page celebrating the 1 year anniversary of WT? The cover could just be paying homage to the first one.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tokyo Wonder Boys one is something that needs to be made into a poster and framed. I love the pose chosen for him and even better enhanced with his expression and that way of drinking the milk.

I had a feeling of dejavu seeing World Trigger Cover and CP. o.o
Good CPs from AC and Nisekoi, of course.
Ignoring the page spread (which instead of showing their box of trion, spare Mikumo, gave them their triggers etc), the other colour page is just either A the same exactcolor page used for the associated chp number (0), or just the panel from the chapter coloured. I think its kind of a cool and different way to do things for an anniversary type thing.
 
Last edited:

Asgaroth

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
910
Reaction score
133
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Everyone could just take it twitter, not like they could manually read thousands of tweets.
its not about banning spoilers, its about sending a message ;)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
News from Sankaku Complex? lol no, not reliable :XD
 

Greco

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
83
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
stll no WT's 1st anniversary HQ cover? D':
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Stealth Symphony's first chapter is out on MP.

It's pretty okay.
Which do I prefer? Illegal Rare or Stealth Symphony?
I'm going for Illegal Rare. Stealth Symphony had good art and a nice twist but the dialogues were kinda cliche. I want to read the 2nd chapters of both. Hopefully they will be out.

Hi. I believe this is my first post in this thread but I just had to post seeing this comment.

I live in India and manga is definitely not big here(it's a fruit for many people...manga means mango where I live) but there are a few people scattered across the states in India who love Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and One Piece here though they don't know it's from JUMP or what JUMP is and you can't find manga in random book stores(at least I couldn't find it even in book stores in a pretty big city) so not many know that there's a company which publishes manga in English or that you can even buy manga in English.
There isn't a company. My assumption is that VIZ is gonna be making volumes available. I've tried looking for volumes in India. Didn't find any. Found them in a bookstore in Dubai, though. Of course, it would probably be just Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Even if there are people who like such series, I cannot imagine them buying volumes. Dubai had quite a few series. They even had posters of One Piece, SnK and stuff.
 
Last edited:

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Isn't the cover page celebrating the 1 year anniversary of WT? The cover could just be paying homage to the first one.
Absolutely. It all makes sense now. Everything's an homage of when the series first started.

That opening CP with all the numbers on it? It represents a flashback of some of the major events of the series by chapter number.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
its not about banning spoilers, its about sending a message ;)
I guess I dont really see what message that could be sent when people that would want to talk about it could go to other sites and social networks instead of a forum. Additionally with a site called naruto-spoilers...it kind of shouldnt be a surprise that they would be targetted.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This week's episode of Sakiyomi JumBang; this week focuses on 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi (SQ. series).

[video]http://www.nosub.tv/watch/97336.html[/video]
 

taker2

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
37
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Kaizou 10 how was this weeks illegal rare and stealth symphony?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kaizou 10 how was this weeks illegal rare and stealth symphony?

I think you could use the topics for the respective series if youre going to ask this question every week consecutively.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Kaizou 10 how was this weeks illegal rare and stealth symphony?
Both of them aren't really that bad, but it wasn't really good either.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top