Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think it still has somewhere between a year or less to go.
Well, I'm not too sure about that; we have to see how the current arc going to conclude. But, I have a hunch that there going to be at least one big arc for Nejimaki before it ends, so I bet that it'll last more than a year (at least).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, I'm not too sure about that; we have to see how the current arc going to conclude. But, I have a hunch that there going to be at least one big arc for Nejimaki before it ends, so I bet that it'll last more than a year (at least).
Yeah. I feel like one more arc will probably do it. Though Nakayama doesn't seem to favor really long arcs so that's why I think a year or less is about right. Though who knows really. Maybe the final arc will be a really long one.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Though Nakayama doesn't seem to favor really long arcs so that's why I think a year or less is about right. Though who knows really. Maybe the final arc will be a really long one.
Well, we can't be sure whether Nakayam favors long arc or not since like he didn't really have long series which had enough time to do long arc; Nejimaki is actually Nakayama's first long series in his career, so I think there is still possibility that he going to do long arc in future.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, we can't be sure whether Nakayam favors long arc or not since like he didn't really have long series which had enough time to do long arc; Nejimaki is actually Nakayama's first long series in his career, so I think there is still possibility that he going to do long arc in future.
True. Even though oddly enough Traumeister has reached a sort of cult status thing (where it was a bit more popular after it ended than it was when it was still running.) Of course it's not HUGELY popular just people seem to like it a bit more. But Nejimaki's been running for three years though...I feel like if he wanted to do a long arc within it he could have. In fact the last arc's ending felt a little bit rushed to me. Just a little though.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I feel like if he wanted to do a long arc within it he could have.
Well, I think there is two kinds of manga out there: one is gradually increase the length of arc; and, the other is start the long arc at early stage.

Like, One Piece didn't really had really long arc until it started Allabasta arc; but, Naruto and Bleach have started the long arc at the early stage.

For me, I think Nejimaki is more like a first one; gradually increase its arc's length.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, I think there is two kinds of manga out there: one is gradually increase the length of arc; and, the other is start the long arc at early stage.

Like, One Piece didn't really had really long arc until it started Allabasta arc; but, Naruto and Bleach have started the long arc at the early stage.

For me, I think Nejimaki is more like a first one; gradually increase its arc's length.
I wish I had my tanks in front of me so I could compare that actually, not that I'm doubting what you're saying. I think the Nejimaki arcs sorta do what they need to do lengthwise. They don't seem to increase per se unless the story needs them. OP arcs have generally gotten longer with each one, though whether that's needed is a question for another thread. Then again do Seinen manga really have long 'arcs'? Or just a whole story in general?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Then again do Seinen manga really have long 'arcs'? Or just a whole story in general?
Well, Kingdom have long arcs right now and Gunjou Senki started as long arc (well, it doesn't mean superlong; it is more like the long arc for the young series). On the other hand, Tokyo Ghoul generally has mid-length arc and not long arc, yet.

So, I think it is more like up to the authors rather than being trend or anything. I'm just saying that there are generally two kinds of series ragard on the length or arcs.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, Kingdom have long arcs right now and Gunjou Senki started as long arc (well, it doesn't mean superlong; it is more like the long arc for the young series). On the other hand, Tokyo Ghoul generally has mid-length arc and not long arc, yet.

So, I think it is more like up to the authors rather than being trend or anything. I'm just saying that there are generally two kinds of series ragard on the length or arcs.
TK Ghoul does generally move really quickly. Though there is a third type of series that has one short arc to introduce characters and then a long arc that takes up the rest of the series till the end. I actually really dislike it when series do that though so I tend to avoid them if possible. Kingdom I've read on and off, but I can imagine it having an arc that takes a lot of time. I agree with you though, it's more a thing for the artist to decide or whatever.

Going back to TK Ghoul although there are very many aspects of it that make it seinen do you think if they were to rebrand it as a shounen, would it still be as good as it is now? I'm really enjoying the series, and that question popped into my mind recently.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Going back to TK Ghoul although there are very many aspects of it that make it seinen do you think if they were to rebrand it as a shounen, would it still be as good as it is now?
Are you talking about changing Tokyo Ghoul to shonen series?
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Are you talking about changing Tokyo Ghoul to shonen series?
Yes and No. I think it works well as a seinen and I wouldn't want to 'change' it per se. I'm just saying that it feels like it could be a (God forgive me for using this term) darker shounen in the vein of D-Gray man or something like that. I'm just kind of curious if anyone else sees it that way.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes and No. I think it works well as a seinen and I wouldn't want to 'change' it per se. I'm just saying that it feels like it could be a (God forgive me for using this term) darker shounen in the vein of D-Gray man or something like that. I'm just kind of curious if anyone else sees it that way.
I don't think that's going to work. I think changing shounen to seinen is easy, but changing seinen to shounen is not going to work. People like those seinen series because of those seinen aspects. If they are changing to shounen, then they are basically putting limits on what they can do. For example, I can't imagine Tokyo Ghoul without cannibalism.

So, I doubt it.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think that's going to work. I think changing shounen to seinen is easy, but changing seinen to shounen is not going to work. People like those seinen series because of those seinen aspects. If they are changing to shounen, then they are basically putting limits on what they can do. For example, I can't imagine Tokyo Ghoul without cannibalism.

So, I doubt it.
I'd go further than that but we'd be treading into the extremely ill defined definitions of Shounen and Seinen, so I'll leave it at that. I just asked because in some aspects, TK Ghoul reminds me of early DGM. Not too much that they're similar series, but just a little. That being said I do think TK Ghoul is fine where it is and shouldn't change.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I just asked because in some aspects, TK Ghoul reminds me of early DGM.
Does it? I don't really see much similarities aspects between Tokyo Ghoul and D.Gray-man (the early chapters).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Does it? I don't really see much similarities aspects between Tokyo Ghoul and D.Gray-man (the early chapters).
Again It's not like they're completely the same. I guess it's just the atmosphere of 'monsters among us'. IMO, I think TK Ghoul handles the idea much better than DGM, but I digress. I just finished with the scantlations (since y'know, reading seinen is a bit harder for me since no furigana...) so I guess I'll start reading the raws. I'm especially curious about the characters in Nakayama's fanart. There have been no sign of them yet....but I'm not that far in. Also is that Kaneki with the white hair that I saw in some pictures?
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Again It's not like they're completely the same. I guess it's just the atmosphere of 'monsters among us'.
Maybe, I didn't find the similar aspects since those kind of stuffs are pretty common in other series, like Shingeki no Kyojin. For me, I think Kakuriyo Monogatari (series by Fujisaki Ryuu) shares more similar aspcets with DGM than TG.

I'm especially curious about the characters in Nakayama's fanart. There have been no sign of them yet....but I'm not that far in.
Are you talking about this picture? If it is, then most of them appear at little bit more later.


Also is that Kaneki with the white hair that I saw in some pictures?
Yes, he later changed black to white hair; but, you have to see the series to see why it has changed. I'm not sure how far the Edited Manga is behind since I read raw. :p
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Maybe, I didn't find the similar aspects since those kind of stuffs are pretty common in other series, like Shingeki no Kyojin. For me, I think Kakuriyo Monogatari (series by Fujisaki Ryuu) shares more similar aspcets with DGM than TG.
Kakuriyo is another one I want to read. I liked the little bit of Houshin Engi that I read way back so when I saw he had returned I wanted to read the new series....not that I have of course. *sigh*


Are you talking about this picture? If it is, then most of them appear at little bit more later.
Yeah that's it. I know the one younger guy with black hair is a sort of antagonist, but the other dude and two chicks(?) haven't appeared in the chapters I read.


Yes, he later changed black to white hair; but, you have to see the series to see why it has changed. I'm not sure how far the Edited Manga is behind since I read raw. :p
I believe the scantlations are in the mid forties. I just devoured everything in two nights so I stopped paying attention to chapter number. :p Ah so he changed it. Interesting. I guess I'll find some raws and keep reading the best I can then.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Kakuriyo is another one I want to read. I liked the little bit of Houshin Engi that I read way back so when I saw he had returned I wanted to read the new series....not that I have of course. *sigh*
This one is more easier series to read for you since this one has furigana (plus, I carry all of its raws right now :p).

Yeah that's it. I know the one younger guy with black hair is a sort of antagonist, but the other dude and two chicks(?) haven't appeared in the chapters I read.
Well, he's not exactly an antagonist, but I can't really say at this point. Also, the white girl in front is a chick; other three are all dudes. :p

I believe the scantlations are in the mid forties.
Yeah, it is way behind. In Japan, it currently released 117 chapters; too bad I can't spoiler you. :cheez
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
This one is more easier series to read for you since this one has furigana (plus, I carry all of its raws right now :p).
Furigana? Really? Man, I need to get on that like today then.



Well, he's not exactly an antagonist, but I can't really say at this point. Also, the white girl in front is a chick; other three are all dudes. :p
Yeah I know he's not really an antagonist, which is why I said 'sorta'. And wait what? The purple haired....person is a dude? ....Wow.


Yeah, it is way behind. In Japan, it currently released 117 chapters; too bad I can't spoiler you. :cheez
Spoilers please? :cheez
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
And wait what? The purple haired....person is a dude? ....Wow.
Nope, the 'purple' haired peson is the only chick in that picture; I just made a mistake. :p

Spoilers please? :cheez
Sorry, after that is a really 'big' arc, so lots of things happen. So, I can't really write down the summary of what's going to happen. :p
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
It would be odd to announce music this early for it. They havent said if its a summer or fall anime, only three staff members are known, and theres still no key visual. They could provide a site link for the series and give a date for when a teaser pv could go up and a anime visual for the magazine?
Announcing music in a print ad would be especially strange. I'm expecting visuals, additional staff, and maybe what season it airs. They usually don't say a lot in magazine ads.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top