Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Nisekoi volumes have some extras.
Not just Nisekoi, basically almost every series has some kind of extras in their volume.
 
Last edited:

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do most WSJ manga just typically not have no afterwards or anything in their volumes. I finally read my Bakuman v20 and was surprised that there was nothing at all at the end, no comment from the writers, witty drawings, answering fan mail, etc, or more that are typically in lots of the other manga volumes and series. Actually I cant even think of there ever being any sort of extra content in Bakuman volumes.
Bakuman volumes have a page after every chapter showing Obata and Ohba's names for one of the pages in the chapter, plus a comparison with the final version. Not much compared to pretty much any other series, but at least it's something.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Bakuman volumes have a page after every chapter showing Obata and Ohba's names for one of the pages in the chapter, plus a comparison with the final version. Not much compared to pretty much any other series, but at least it's something.
I think he is more focusing on the authors having more interaction with the readers, like answering the readers questions (like Oda) or having commentary about it; not about some kind of extra pictures or anything.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Volume 19 and 20 of Bakuman had posters, aside of the names of every chapter in every volume.
Nura has pictures of fans and, sometimes, omakes.

It is common and Bakuman had the appropriate extras, I think.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think he is more focusing on the authors having more interaction with the readers, like answering the readers questions (like Oda) or having commentary about it; not about some kind of extra pictures or anything.
Yes that. I just had no other comparisons because Bakuman and Psyren are so far the only one of the longer JUMP series that have near finished that I own. Psyren had afterwords where he gave a paragraph or two on what he is doing or some random ramblings and sometimes a bonus one or two page omake thing. And for a JUMP SQ series, Tegami Bachi he gives us a sizeable extras each volume.

I didnt really think the sketch page for a scene after each chapter was really an extra since I dont think many consider an illustration on the page with a chapter title (chapter cover page), an extra.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes that. I just had no other comparisons because Bakuman and Psyren are so far the only one of the longer JUMP series that have near finished that I own. Psyren had afterwords where he gave a paragraph or two on what he is doing or some random ramblings and sometimes a bonus one or two page omake thing. And for a JUMP SQ series, Tegami Bachi he gives us a sizeable extras each volume.

I didnt really think the sketch page for a scene after each chapter was really an extra since I dont think many consider an illustration on the page with a chapter title (chapter cover page), an extra.
Well, that is depends on the author. Some like doing that and some don't
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not just Nisekoi, basically almost every series has some kind of extras in their volume.
People would realize that, if they bought more than 0 manga per year. :teehee

Here are the wallpapers for the new series (AKA, the clean color spreads for each series ch 1)
On the bright side, the plastered "www.shounenjump.com" have adjusted fonts, on the dim side, they did it to begin with...
 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I buy lots of series... wsj ones just nisekoi tho. That's why I gave the example I know.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I buy lots of series... wsj ones just nisekoi tho. That's why I gave the example I know.
But, you should have known that every series has some kind of extras in their volumes.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
But, you should have known that every series has some kind of extras in their volumes.
Not every series I know have them actually, or at least that I noticed. Some have a lot of extras tho, like Pandora Hearts.

---------- Post added March 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was March 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

Not every series I know have them actually, or at least that I noticed. Some have a lot of extras tho, like Pandora Hearts.
I also own all of hxh (31 in English), not remembering extras besides the page after the chapter end.

My collection in January for the non believers. http://youtu.be/p1LbccUmWlc
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
As someone who's bought various Jump titles...all of them have extras. I love Matsui's extras, there are some great gags in there. And when he does profiles of people he puts a lot of love in them (ok, in my opinion).

Beelzebub has more or less what I'd expect: there are little gags in between chapters, character profiles, and fanart at the back of the volume. He also does Q&A, but not all the time.

My D.Gray-man volumes have omake as well. Not as much as Beelzebub or Assassination Classroom, but the ones that are included are amazing. She used to put more extras in the volumes, but that was before she got chronically sick. Gintama does extras but they tend to be texts from the author rather than illustrations, because Soraichi feels lazy. :lmao
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really like to see which extras have in the volumes I buy. Sure, I like the series itself, but most of the time I already read it, the extra I'm seeing for the first time. When there aren't extras is kinda disappointing. XD
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really like to see which extras have in the volumes I buy. Sure, I like the series itself, but most of the time I already read it, the extra I'm seeing for the first time. When there aren't extras is kinda disappointing. XD
Yeah its kind of the minor issue I have with like Naruto where he only gives us one tiny comment on the first page, and then thats it, no extra nothing at all.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is announced that Kuroko no Basket has surpassed printing 26,000,000 copies and Haikyuu!! surpassed printing 4,000,000 copies.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought Bakuman gave the real names and manuscripts with the volumes?

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/53391-Bakuman-Names
Yes that is what we already mentioned.

It is announced that Kuroko no Basket has surpassed printing 26,000,000 copies and Haikyuu!! surpassed printing 4,000,000 copies.
Looking forward to see what will happen after the anime comes, maybe surpass 8mln this year? People already making preorders of quite a few of the anime art merchandises sell out before I can even order anything, hope i can get some stuff and at least where art is concerned, nearly at >30000arts on pixiv...(assclass 5000, soma 800).
 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Always great to see official numbers, I wanted the same thing for a certain manga sigh

8 million is possible, likely even.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Our english jump says Toriko is absent in (issue 17). I wonder what happened.
 

Stark700

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
814
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Soma is coming out digitally tomorrow.

Author's comments.
I'll probably type them out every week now.

Eiichiro Oda
I saw Kosanji Yanagiya do a rakugo (traditional comic storytelling) performance. It was the first time I laughed so hard at a performance of Sokotsu Nagaya (The Row House of Careless People). He's a master!

Masashi Kishimoto
My cat has its own room but still likes to sleep in a cardboard box.

Ryohgo Narita
Listened to the opening theme of the Hozuki no Reitetsu anime while the first week's deadline was approaching. It was truly an enjoyable hell!

Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
The new photocopier arrived at my studio! It's great to have a useful machine that has a lot of functions.

Naoshi Komi
That helpless feeling you get when there's no turning back - you really feel it when you order take-out food for delivery and end up with something you don't like.

Daisuke Ashihara
World Trigger Bonchi Age rice crackers are now on sale in Japan! They're delicious! Enjoy them with your family and friends!

Tite Kubo
My assistants are really enjoying a coffee maker I recently won at a New Year's party. It's great.
 

N0R7H

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
112
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Kubo has assistants? I thought he had no one, or something like that I think I read in a interview.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top