Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well I can read it decently without needing a Dictionary so why not? :p
Well, then maybe perhaps one of those can be a replacement for Neijmaki.

I know one of those three had furigana in past, but not sure if it going to have it once it serialized in Young Jump.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I did start Liar Game the other day and that was pretty good too. I'm a long way from the current stuff though.
If you think it is good, then you may follow its live-adaptation drama/movie. You don't really have to use dictionary when you can hear Japanese. :p
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Well, then maybe perhaps one of those can be a replacement for Neijmaki.

I know one of those three had furigana in past, but not sure if it going to have it once it serialized in Young Jump.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------



If you think it is good, then you may follow its live-adaptation drama/movie. You don't really have to use dictionary when you can hear Japanese. :p
Heh, and I can understand it a little better than I can read it. Though it's fine, I'm following scantlations right now. By the time I get to the current manga arc, the scantlations might be done. I really mean I just started it. I'm on like chapter 5 now.

Which of the three had furigana in the past? You mean the author drew a series that had furigana in WYJ? I'm not blind without it. I can read enough, but to really get the story I usually have to look things up here and there.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Which of the three had furigana in the past? You mean the author drew a series that had furigana in WYJ? I'm not blind without it. I can read enough, but to really get the story I usually have to look things up here and there.
Mogusa-san (going to start on Issue 19) was used to serialize in both Jump Live and Tonari no Young Jump. When it was serialized in those two sites, it had furigana.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Mogusa-san (going to start on Issue 19) was used to serialize in both Jump Live and Tonari no Young Jump. When it was serialized in those two sites, it had furigana.
I'll have to look that up. I almost forgot to say that I'm reading TK Ghoul as well. So that and Kakuriyo will keep me going after Nejimaki ends. (If it does.)
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'll have to look that up. I almost forgot to say that I'm reading TK Ghoul as well. So that and Kakuriyo will keep me going after Nejimaki ends. (If it does.)
We'll see if you may find the series which going to replace Nejimaki.

For my case, I'm basically reading almost all of them, so I'm not going to be sad. :cheez
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
We'll see if you may find the series which going to replace Nejimaki.

For my case, I'm basically reading almost all of them, so I'm not going to be sad. :cheez
I'd read all of them if my Japanese didn't suck. :p But I would like to read more WYJ stuff. It looks so interesting.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'd read all of them if my Japanese didn't suck. :p But I would like to read more WYJ stuff. It looks so interesting.
Yeah, it does have many interesting series. But, somehow, I feel like I'm getting old since I never had interest on seinen manga before. :(
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yeah, it does have many interesting series. But, somehow, I feel like I'm getting old since I never had interest on seinen manga before. :(
Yeaah I know how that is. I still love shounen manga, and probably always will love shounen manga, but now I'm beginning to read more Seinen. Though really it was because I started following Nakayama's work and he ended up in WYJ that I even came here. :-P After a while I started downloading the entire magazine to read Nejimaki and ended up reading other things. So it's both my age and Nakayama that lead me to WYJ and subsequently other seinen.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So it's both my age and Nakayama that lead me to WYJ and subsequently other seinen.
For my case, I decided to read Terra Formars because I heard it is popular. Then, I started to read some other series in WYJ, and now I'm reading almost everything.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
For my case, I decided to read Terra Formars because I heard it is popular. Then, I started to read some other series in WYJ, and now I'm reading almost everything.
I still haven't read Terra Formars. Dunno why, just haven't. I guess I might wait for the anime and see if I like it. Since I have low expectations for the TK Ghoul anime, I figured I'd start the manga now.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
BTW what's the story with Barcelona no Taiyou( or Taiyou no Barcelona)?
I mean I dont want to stereotype what "seinen" is or isnt but just by looking at the Raws it seems pretty shonen( unless that scene in the first chapter was the MC trying to commit suicide, then that's a whole nother story).
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Yup. Especially if you don't want to wait for scantlators/ English companies.
All I can do is look at RAWS and say ''Hmmm, I'm sure this will make sense when it's scanlated". Then I cry.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
BTW what's the story with Barcelona no Taiyou( or Taiyou no Barcelona)?
I mean I dont want to stereotype what "seinen" is or isnt but just by looking at the Raws it seems pretty shonen( unless that scene in the first chapter was the MC trying to commit suicide, then that's a whole nother story).
Young Jump tends to have seinen series that almost looks like shounen series. I think its main target audience is about same as Jump SQ.

For the story, I said it before that it is a soccer version of Kuroko no Basket.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
All I can do is look at RAWS and say ''Hmmm, I'm sure this will make sense when it's scanlated". Then I cry.
Hey, I used to be like you man. I wasn't born reading Japanese or even in Japan. I taught myself. It's not hard if you've got the drive...

On topic, with a slew of stuff ending, what genres would you like to see in the mag? I guess I'd like to see another action-ish series.
 

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Young Jump tends to have seinen series that almost looks like shounen series. I think its main target audience is about same as Jump SQ.

For the story, I said it before that it is a soccer version of Kuroko no Basket.
Oh yeah, dont worry. What I meant by story was it's publication history, yeah I read it's about a team called Galaxy Age or something?
You know I dont like soccer(or football for the culturally sensitive) but I wouldnt mind it being scanlated.
Any word if it's getting good feedback?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All I can do is look at RAWS and say ''Hmmm, I'm sure this will make sense when it's scanlated". Then I cry.
That's mostly what I do. Except then I remember that I'm supposed to be a Manga Editor myself. Then it hurts even more. It'd probably ease my pain if I could actually focus on studying Japanese for more than thirty two seconds at a time, but it just doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey, I used to be like you man. I wasn't born reading Japanese or even in Japan. I taught myself. It's not hard if you've got the drive...
For my case, I was able to live in Japan, so I don't have to taught myself.

On topic, with a slew of stuff ending, what genres would you like to see in the mag? I guess I'd like to see another action-ish series.
I don't really care much as long as it is interesting.

You said the another action series, then how about this one (this one is a one shot version of series which going to start on next week): http://yesmanga.info/%E5%A4%A7%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E5%B8%9D%E5%9B%BD%E8%BB%8D%E3%81%8F%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E4%B8%80%E9%A8%8E%E5%BD%93%E5%8D%83%E9%9A%8A/%E5%A4%A7%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E5%B8%9D%E5%9B%BD%E8%BB%8D%E3%81%8F%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E4%B8%80%E9%A8%8E%E5%BD%93%E5%8D%83%E9%9A%8A-chapter-5-8/22789-mangaraw.html

And there is more other action series in Young Jump as well.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Any word if it's getting good feedback?
Well, so far, its story development looks really similar with the early Kuroko.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
For my case, I was able to live in Japan, so I don't have to taught myself.



I don't really care much as long as it is interesting.

You said the another action series, then how about this one (this one is a one shot version of series which going to start on next week): http://yesmanga.info/%E5%A4%A7%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E5%B8%9D%E5%9B%BD%E8%BB%8D%E3%81%8F%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E4%B8%80%E9%A8%8E%E5%BD%93%E5%8D%83%E9%9A%8A/%E5%A4%A7%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E5%B8%9D%E5%9B%BD%E8%BB%8D%E3%81%8F%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E4%B8%80%E9%A8%8E%E5%BD%93%E5%8D%83%E9%9A%8A-chapter-5-8/22789-mangaraw.html

And there is more other action series in Young Jump as well.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------



Well, so far, its story development looks really similar with the early Kuroko.
That one shot was cool. I really like the art. Of course I could only read maybe less than 70 percent of it but that's only at first glance. I'll look forward to the serialization proper.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top