Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korean Kuroko

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
210
Reaction score
38
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Okay, kinda of-topic, but I just find it funny that I was complaining about not knowing Japanese and today Terra Formars Volume 8 gets scans. It only gets worse when you take into account that I spent an hour yesterday updating the Wikia and now I have to do it again!
 

stellvia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
On the subject of Okamoto: It's not that he chose to end Nononono at Vol12 -- it actually got cancelled at that point, so he was force to rush an ending. But if Brynhyldr is truly ending soon, that's fine. I would rather a story come to its natural conclusion than have it dragged out for no reason.

Although it does seem rather odd that he would choose to end it right when it gets greenlit for an anime. Usually adaptations are used to market ongoing series. But I suppose being able to have the anime ending match the manga ending without needing asspulls and guesswork is a good thing.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well Brynhyldr started pretty much like Zetman (the author both made use of similar scenes.) - Kuga pointing his gun at Jin in Zetman and the MC looking down at Kuroneko and telling her she should have just stayed dead in Brynhyldr, with the author telling the story up to that scene and this is what they did. Zetman reach that point 2-3 chapters ago and it'll end towards June with a possible part 2; Brynhyldr reached that point last week which make it think it'll end soon.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
On the subject of Okamoto: It's not that he chose to end Nononono at Vol12 -- it actually got cancelled at that point, so he was force to rush an ending.
Nononono ended on volume 13, not 12. Also, do you have source that Nononono got cancelled? Like did it have poor ranking?
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nononono ended on volume 13, not 12. Also, do you have source that Nononono got cancelled? Like did it have poor ranking?
If it wasn't cancelled, then Okamoto is pretty bad at wrapping up the story.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If it wasn't cancelled, then Okamoto is pretty bad at wrapping up the story.
Well, based on his other two series (Elfe Lied and Brynhildr (well, it actually didn't announced yet but I think it'll most likely going to end soon)), I think Okamoto isn't really a person who wants to do long series.
 
Last edited:

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, based on his other two series (Elfe Lied and Brynhildr (well, it actually didn't announced yet but I think it'll most likely going to end soon)), I think Okamoto isn't really a person who wants to do long series.
Thinking about it wasn't there some kind of twist at the end of the lastest chapter?
The heroine recovering her memories but not remembering him or something?
 

stellvia

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I think I read it as some kind of author notes in the margin, or maybe an omake page with comments from the author. IE: That he wanted to make the story go longer, but was forced to wrap it up early.

I was impressed by his prep work: He said he shot something like 3500 reference pictures for the series, visited many ski jump facilities, spoke with coaches and athletes, etc.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I was impressed by his prep work: He said he shot something like 3500 reference pictures for the series, visited many ski jump facilities, spoke with coaches and athletes, etc.
I think that is pretty normal procedure the manga about specific genre.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Based on the Young Jump's official twitter, it looks like Nejimaki Kagyuu isn't going to end. Also, NK going to get color page on Issue 19 and 20.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Based on the Young Jump's official twitter, it looks like Nejimaki Kagyuu isn't going to end. Also, NK going to get color page on Issue 19 and 20.
Whoa. YJ has an official twitter? And it's announcing more Kagyuu? Though...I'm not sure whether to be overjoyed or cautiously optimistic. Besides, maybe it's not going to end soon, but I can't imagine there's much more story to tell.

If NK means what I think it means then yay for two consecutive color pages. Center color? Or lead color? It's been a while since Nejimaki got a lead color.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If NK means what I think it means then yay for two consecutive color pages. Center color? Or lead color? It's been a while since Nejimaki got a lead color.
Normal color page since the lead color page for those two issues are taken by two new series.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wow I am really happy nejimaki is not ending yet, I guess the author still has loose ends to tie
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is confirmed that Terra Formars has surpassed printing 6,240,000 copies and One Punch-man has surpassed printing 3,200,000 copies.

Also, Saruwatari Tetsuya (author of Tough) going to release one shot on upcomin Issue 21/22.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
It is confirmed that Terra Formars has surpassed printing 6,240,000 copies and One Punch-man has surpassed printing 3,200,000 copies.

Also, Saruwatari Tetsuya (author of Tough) going to release one shot on upcomin Issue 21/22.
I think something with a dark element through fantasy or sci-fi could turn out really good. And it's provide a change in genre. He's had two series with sci-fi elements in his whole career, and that was back in the 90's.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Upcoming New Series Line-Up

Issue 18:
Kenkouki -Hinokuni Dai Teikoku-gun Kurenai Ikki Tousen-tai- by Noguchi Yuriko

Issue 19:
Mogusa-san by Ohtake Toshitomo (moved from Tonari no Young Jump)

Issue 20:
Rikudou by Matsubara Toshimitsu
 

tonyyao82

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
279
Reaction score
90
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well Brynhyldr started pretty much like Zetman (the author both made use of similar scenes.) - Kuga pointing his gun at Jin in Zetman and the MC looking down at Kuroneko and telling her she should have just stayed dead in Brynhyldr, with the author telling the story up to that scene and this is what they did. Zetman reach that point 2-3 chapters ago and it'll end towards June with a possible part 2; Brynhyldr reached that point last week which make it think it'll end soon.
What makes you think Zetman will finally end around June? Though from seeing the most recent chapter, things are definitely escalating and there are still some unresolved issues. Katsura did say that he was halfway through the story back in 2010.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top