Hangout - Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Shoujo & Josei Hangout Thread

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yuu Watase? she was the writer for Fushigi Yuugi right?
And Alice 19th. I like Alice 19th, but that seems to be the only works by Watase Yuu I read. Or is Ayashi no Ceres her works too? /can't remember

stephen12

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: General Shoujo Discussion

*splitted the posts above and made a new topic about Shoujo in general

What I really like about Shoujo is the character development. In most Shonen mangas you don't have that. Of course the character become stronger but mostly the personality stays the same.
If we take our popular Naruto you will see that he is almost identical from the beginning of the manga uptil now regarding how he behaves. Of course he has gained new techniques but other than that there isn't too much change.
Shojou mangas deal with personal processes and thus play on another area/level than Shonen mangas.
Both types have their own good points, of course. Because of that I enjoy reading both. You can't really say which is better it always depends on your personal opinion.
Oh, that was shoujo means. Thanks for sharing, I really don't know what it means, but now, I already know. Thanks again. :^_^

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Coming Soon, Please Participate!

Alishka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Help me find a shoujo manga?

Hi there, I'm new here as you can probably guess but I really need help with finding a manga that i read about a month ago and now I can't find it anymore no matter how hard i look for it. I've been trying to find it for the past three hours but no luck :(
So i thought that maybe if I described it here since there was only one chapter released since it is fairly new someone might have read it and remembers the name?
I don't know if it'll work but its my last hope so here it goes.
So, just as i said earlier, there was only one chapter released the last time i read it. There might be new ones now I'm not sure.
Anyways, the story starts off with a girl who is about to give a boy her self-made chocolate heart but in the last minute refuses and makes fun of him as if it was all a joke. Then later that day, she talks with her best friend. Even though she says that she doesn't like him, her best friend knows that she's lying and frustrated with him.
She still has the chocolate heart and offers it to her best friend, who viciously chows it down and then starts crying. In the evening, her best friend thinks back to what she did that day and realizes that she has feelings for her and decides that she won't let that boy take her.
So thats it for the first chapter. I know it sounds like Yuri but it wasn't put under the yuri tags just the shoujo and a couple of others. If anyone has any suggestions at all please tell me! I really want to read it again and a friend also asked for it too!
Any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks ! ^^

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, I spent my free weekend re-reading my old favorites: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Arina Tanemura and Magic Knight Rayearth by CLAMP. I think these classics are very beautiful, in terms of artwork and plot. As if I'm feeling that the more modern shoujo do not reach such depth anymore. Both artists also do not have new releases, as far as I know, which is sad.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oh right how could we forget CLAMP.

that's why, p-chan, let's get this collective reading going, how about?

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, what does everyone think of Sailor Moon Crystal character designs?
at first I was nhft, they looked very ....cheap and creepy, but now it has settled in and I like them. I love it that they’re more like the manga and don’t look like everything else out there in anime. Can't wait to see what they look like in motion. I just hope that it's a great production.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh right how could we forget CLAMP.

that's why, p-chan, let's get this collective reading going, how about?
Yes, yes, but let's not talk about it here. >_>"

So, what does everyone think of Sailor Moon Crystal character designs?
at first I was nhft, they looked very ....cheap and creepy, but now it has settled in and I like them. I love it that they’re more like the manga and don’t look like everything else out there in anime. Can't wait to see what they look like in motion. I just hope that it's a great production.
I was in a nutshell! I didn't know a design is already out. You can read more, including the seiyuu, here:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/27/sailor-moon-crystal-anime-cast-introduced

When I first saw the design, I thought it was... different. I can feel that old artwork atmosphere, but it is modern at the same time. I'm not yet comfortable with it being static as it is now, maybe because it is not the "original". "Original" here to me includes the old anime version which I've known since little. The poster with Sailor Moon looking above is so pretty and modern. I heard the plot will try to stay true to the manga. Can't wait indeed.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
ahahaha sorry! I just got so... confused! Since all my thread subscriptions that popped up were tagged shoujo/josei etc. lol.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello there fans of shoujo and josei! o/

I come bearing another question of mine concerning matter of the utmost importance to you! /bow

Well here it, I recently got into the works of Kyoko Okazaki, it was love at first sight you know? :wtf So I was wondering if any of you know if her manga: Pink is available to read in some form? I searched the depths of the web with no success. :emocat

Spectrum

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, although it's my first post here I know the top posters here from asian drama thread haha

I'm so into shoujo lately, I dunno why but is very refreshing reading some titles...

This month I picked Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji e Kimi ni Todoke to read and i loved both. Today I picked Chihayafuru to watch and it's very interesting, I'm really enjoying watch it, I'm on episode 7 already lol

I'm currently reading Aoharaido, Kimi ni Todoke, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji and Stardust Wink, I've finished reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and it's one of my favorites titles of all that I've ever read.

When I typed "chihayafuru" on the search box, this was one of the threads that popped and here I am now, hope we can talk about a lot of stuff =D

So, I spent my free weekend re-reading my old favorites: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Arina Tanemura and Magic Knight Rayearth by CLAMP. I think these classics are very beautiful, in terms of artwork and plot. As if I'm feeling that the more modern shoujo do not reach such depth anymore. Both artists also do not have new releases, as far as I know, which is sad.
Wooow, my sister has the Magic Knight Rayearth collection on VHS, I used to watch it with her when we were kids... It's probably the first shoujo I've ever watch. lol

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I come bearing another question of mine concerning matter of the utmost importance to you! /bow

Well here it, I recently got into the works of Kyoko Okazaki, it was love at first sight you know? :wtf So I was wondering if any of you know if her manga: Pink is available to read in some form? I searched the depths of the web with no success. :emocat
well I haven't heard of her? works but a quick search on Mangatraders says that there is Helter Skelter and River's Edge available. I dunno about Pink though.

Hello everyone, although it's my first post here I know the top posters here from asian drama thread haha

I'm so into shoujo lately, I dunno why but is very refreshing reading some titles...

This month I picked Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji e Kimi ni Todoke to read and i loved both. Today I picked Chihayafuru to watch and it's very interesting, I'm really enjoying watch it, I'm on episode 7 already lol

I'm currently reading Aoharaido, Kimi ni Todoke, Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji and Stardust Wink, I've finished reading Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and it's one of my favorites titles of all that I've ever read.

When I typed "chihayafuru" on the search box, this was one of the threads that popped and here I am now, hope we can talk about a lot of stuff =D

Wooow, my sister has the Magic Knight Rayearth collection on VHS, I used to watch it with her when we were kids... It's probably the first shoujo I've ever watch. lol
hehe welcome to the shoujo/josei hangout then. I think you'll enjoy Nodame Cantabile, Spectrum. And all the more you should watch the Japanese version before starting with the Korean adaptation. ^^

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
hehe welcome to the shoujo/josei hangout then. I think you'll enjoy Nodame Cantabile, Spectrum. And all the more you should watch the Japanese version before starting with the Korean adaptation. ^^
Thanks =D

I guess I'll try the anime first then ^^

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
well I haven't heard of her? works but a quick search on Mangatraders says that there is Helter Skelter and River's Edge available. I dunno about Pink though.

Rivers Edge seems quite to the authors style, got to give that a read and I hope more pick her works up for some discussion, tho it is not that typical for shoujo fans, even for josei tho ... well imo these are the best works of josei.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Huhu, I'm sorry for being so useless but I have never heard of that name. :scry Any other popular series by her?

Welcome to Shoujo & Josei! :zomg

Yes, another reader of AHR. I hope to see you in our regular rant whenever new chapters come out, okay? :P I'm glad you picked Chihayafuru! The missing chapters is the biggest reason why I didn't check the manga. I enjoyed the anime very much, though, so I hope you'll do too. It's beautiful in every aspect.

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thanks, phio! I usually go to the AHR thread, I really enjoy this manga! I'm so hyped about the anime that I can't wait to watch it, guess it'll be great.

I'm loving to watch Chihayafuru, it's a great anime and it's not so focused in the common relationship between the lead girl and some random guy. Chihaya is completely insane about Karuta, it's the only thing she can sees in front of her and that is why I like her! But I feel sorry for Taichi, his love is totally one sided ):

I started to watch the Nodame jdrama yesterday... I liked it so I guess I'll keep watching ^^