Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Riyuki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
774
Reaction score
200
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I really hope Kurapika makes a major appearance. I absolutely love Gon and Killua, as well as Knuckle and the others, but I'm really really really waiting for a Kurapika return, and if possible the phantom troupe as well. The characters of the troupe are so damn likeable, as well as after rewatching the Yorknew arc ; I totally forgot how cool it was that Feitan and The other dude ran into each over in the auction and had a comical moment. When it comes to the troupe and Gon + Killua you never know what might happen. I love it.
 

Kid Chameleone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
617
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

leorio better get some action time. im dying to see what his abilities are, theres been too much focus on gon and killua for the last 3 arcs, id like some more screen time for the others
 

Riyuki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
774
Reaction score
200
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I wanna see Kurapika vs Chrollo fight. Two specialists would be badass to watch. Do you guys think characters like Hisoka have complex conditions that can make them specialists?
 

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
126
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

and I'd would like to see cameron dias in my bedroom but let's be realistic here. We all know the next arc is going to be focused on ging x gon. Maybe hisoka gets there too.
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

There was a time when i was a super-extreme hxh tard, because of nem, specifically Quimera's nen capacities and strategies. Alluka destroyed that, so i'm no longer a fan, but still fond to good times so i will read this without much expectations.
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

There was a time when i was a super-extreme hxh tard, because of nem, specifically Quimera's nen capacities and strategies. Alluka destroyed that, so i'm no longer a fan, but still fond to good times so i will read this without much expectations.
So it was one thing that ruined everything?
 

Riyuki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
774
Reaction score
200
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I mean something broken like Alluka is the only way to take care of Gon after what happened. Would you have preferred some legendary water be found and discovered to bring Gon back? Lol
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I would not judge the Alluka Story yet.
I think Togashi has more in mind with her than what he has already shown.
I doubt the Story is over with 'killuah is basically invincible now and alluka's ability can be used at will'.
Alluka is probably connected with the Dark continent and there is a reason why a being like her was Born into the zoldyek family
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I'm so hoping for a time-skip! like super badly! Anyone think their will be a time-skip since killau and gon going their own ways felt like a perfect way to create a time-skip in my opinion
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I wouldn't mind a small time skip, but Togashi already started up the next arc with the last chapter. At most, we'll only have a few months or something, I think--not a massive 2 or so years like other shounen manga.

Though I could go for a timeskip at some point. Need moar Leorio.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I would not judge the Alluka Story yet.
I think Togashi has more in mind with her than what he has already shown.
I doubt the Story is over with 'killuah is basically invincible now and alluka's ability can be used at will'.
Alluka is probably connected with the Dark continent and there is a reason why a being like her was Born into the zoldyek family
This is how I feel too. I don't see how people think that Alluka's story is over. I mean the entire Alluka/Pariston arc
felt like teaser for stuff to come. Plus whenever someone has a seemingly "invincible" ability there has ALWAYS been a catch.
Kurapika is "invincible" but only against Spiders. Even invincible Meryem was still severely injured by the Rose Bomb and
it's only really because of Pouf and Youpi that he didn't die right there and then (I don't believe Meryem would have
survived without help. The blast may not have killed him immediately but c'mon the dude was a charcoal briquette.)
Yes, there is definitely more to Alluka. Can't wait for June to come around so these questions can be answered!
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

A timeskip is coming, I think that after the Zodiac head out, we will see Gon and the other catching up with each other for some more training. I think we have met all of the good guys, and the chimera ants are the final members of Gons team
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

A timeskip is coming, I think that after the Zodiac head out, we will see Gon and the other catching up with each other for some more training. I think we have met all of the good guys, and the chimera ants are the final members of Gons team
speaking of chimera ants, what about the 5000 cocoons that the hunter association found? was it ever destroyed? or do you think they just dropped them on the dark continent.

I think there has to be a time-skip if the story is shifting to the dark continent, since there is no way Gon and Killua would last a second, if it's difficult for Ging and the other zodiacs.

I bet the dark continent is full of monster that are on pitou's and youpi's level or higher--which means that a time-skips to boost Gon's power is necessary
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

speaking of chimera ants, what about the 5000 cocoons that the hunter association found? was it ever destroyed? or do you think they just dropped them on the dark continent.

I think there has to be a time-skip if the story is shifting to the dark continent, since there is no way Gon and Killua would last a second, if it's difficult for Ging and the other zodiacs.

I bet the dark continent is full of monster that are on pitou's and youpi's level or higher--which means that a time-skips to boost Gon's power is necessary
I bought and read th latest Volume last week. And it was hinted that Pariston wanted to do something special with the 5000 Nn Fighting Ants. It has something to do with the Hunter Exam.

Take a look:
SPOILER X SPOILER!!!

But - Gin might be wrong and since we all know that Pariston is a Partner of Beyond Netero i can also be the case that they want to use themto successfully invade the dark Continent.
It can also be that some of the People there are some of thse cocoon soldiers too?

Anyways - I can recommend to everyone to re-read the last arc before reading the upcoming Chapter 341 because there are some details to find that we might have forgotten about. (Like this one)
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

So it was one thing that ruined everything?
Yes man, i read HxH to read new logical posibilities with the powerlevels of that universe.

As a matter of characters, Gon's my favorite and wasn't great enough to me at the last of the arc. Perhaps the only one who remains the same is Hizoka, which makes me laugh and puts me a bit eager, it's not entirely a beloved character to me but its appreciated.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

I bought and read th latest Volume last week. And it was hinted that Pariston wanted to do something special with the 5000 Nn Fighting Ants. It has something to do with the Hunter Exam.

Take a look:
SPOILER X SPOILER!!!

But - Gin might be wrong and since we all know that Pariston is a Partner of Beyond Netero i can also be the case that they want to use themto successfully invade the dark Continent.
It can also be that some of the People there are some of thse cocoon soldiers too?

Anyways - I can recommend to everyone to re-read the last arc before reading the upcoming Chapter 341 because there are some details to find that we might have forgotten about. (Like this one)
yea, but I still don't get why we would go into the whole hunter exam thing again...plus what gon be restrained from a lot of hunter activities since he no longer has his license? so will this be a way for him to get a license again even though it's against the 10 hunter commandments?

By the way, in the lastest chapters, we can see Gon's silhouette with Kaito's research team... anyone think Gon will be a contract hunter?
 

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
126
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Venezuela
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

yea, but I still don't get why we would go into the whole hunter exam thing again...plus what gon be restrained from a lot of hunter activities since he no longer has his license? so will this be a way for him to get a license again even though it's against the 10 hunter commandments?

By the way, in the lastest chapters, we can see Gon's silhouette with Kaito's research team... anyone think Gon will be a contract hunter?
its easy...
5.000 eggs. hunter exam.
about 600 hunters in earth...
change the rules of the exam.
5.000 new hunters under pariston commands...

pariston new king of the world...

when did gon loose his license?
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

its easy...
5.000 eggs. hunter exam.
about 600 hunters in earth...
change the rules of the exam.
5.000 new hunters under pariston commands...

pariston new king of the world...

when did gon loose his license?
Gon never lost his license. He did pawn it...but he got it back.
Kite forgot Ging's license at Whale Island in the manga
and Gon returns that to Ging. In the anime Kite gives Gon
Ging's license to give to Ging.

Also Gon was shown in silhouette with the research team
because way earlier Spinner (bubblegum girl) was talking
about some cool nature scene and they were all watching it
so it was kinda a big happy moment for everyone. (Except Kurapika)

That said, I would love to see more of the research team.
They seemed interesting and with Killua gone a lot of the
chemistry that really sold HxH won't be there.
Gon needs some kids his age to interact with. Research team can do that
and since they're already established it won't feel forced like making
brand new characters for that purpose.
 

Jmizzle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Hiatus X Hiatus - To Resume June 2014!

So which date is the manga returning on?
 
Top