I don't believe in the netherlands at all. If chile needs to surprise one of the two big teams, I see the oranje most likely to be beaten than Spain.
Their squad is far from impressive:
Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen (AFC Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcaste United FC), Michel Vorm (Swansea City AFC).
Defenders: Daley Blind (AFC Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joël Veltman (AFC Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (FC Augsburg), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa FC), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord).
Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Leroy Fer (Norwich City FC), Jonathan De Guzman (Swansea City AFC), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray AŞ), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV Eindhoven).
Forwards: Memphis Depay (PSV Eindhoven), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (FC Schalke 04), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahçe SK), Jeremain Lens (FC Dynamo Kyiv, Robin van Persie (Manchester United FC), Arjen Robben (FC Bayern München)
I don't know why Hardy is seeing them that good. It's a "between generations" team. Van Persie is not at his best. Defense is made of players out of the very weak dutch league. Not a great keeper as well. I don't believe in that team. On paper, it's the weakest team they had in 25 years.
Ok, Van Gaal is the coach but still, a finale would be a miracle