Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You stole us in 2002.
Never had the occasion to say that to a brazilian before :).
I mean, come on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwjQqXu_IM&feature=kp
Did we steal you? The referee was brazilian by chance? Of course not since it is prohibited. We don't have anything to do with it, if the referee refereed wrong, my condolences. It was not the first, and it will not be the last that soccer was unfair.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Oh, the 2002 WC.


0:45 Such passion.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Did we steal you? The referee was brazilian by chance? Of course not since it is prohibited. We don't have anything to do with it, if the referee refereed wrong, my condolences. It was not the first, and it will not be the last that soccer was unfair.
Hahaha, i would love to see your reaction if it was the other way around.

But referees are alwayd bad at world cups. It s due to the fact that fifa is taking referees from around the world and not the best referees
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hahaha, i would love to see your reaction if it was the other way around.

But referees are alwayd bad at world cups. It s due to the fact that fifa is taking referees from around the world and not the best referees
I would get pissed, but I wouldn't accuse Belgium of stealing since it would be a lie. You have to accuse the right people. :huh

What is it by the way? You guys will call on historical accusations now? :XD
Argentine cannot discuss this with me. You guys really stole with that history of the adulterated water.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
How the hell is Portugal #4 in the FIFA ranking? I don't understand how that point system works, rofl. Portugal always performs average/bad outside of tournaments, so how are they maintaining and even improving their ranking? rofl. Keep losing/drawing to lesser teams, not getting 1st in qualifier groups and having to go through play-offs etc. Strikes me as odd.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
How the hell is Portugal #4 in the FIFA ranking? I don't understand how that point system works, rofl. Portugal always performs average/bad outside of tournaments, so how are they maintaining and even improving their ranking? rofl. Keep losing/drawing to lesser teams, not getting 1st in qualifier groups and having to go through play-offs etc. Strikes me as odd.
And before this got actualized we were actually #3 ahead of Brazil lol.
I think this rank is based on the last 4 years, and depending on what the match is (friendly, qualification, euro, world cup) you get different points ... i would say at a first glance it looks weird indeed, but somehow the points are really there :P
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well yeah that is why the FIFA ranking has no value whatsoever.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
It does have value. It just doesn't tell you who the best team right now is, but has been over a ceratin period of time. The essential thing to use here probably is the direction a team is moving in, e.g. Portugal moving a little downwards. Other than that it's just another method, coincidentally the official one, to measure national teams. There have been tons of those lately, usually together with predictions for the outcome of the tourney. The latest one I saw took the "market value" of players, added it up and drew conclusions from there (this) .
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The ranking is simply bs. Brazil was like 10# when the WC draw was made, and 9# in March. They defeated a couple of crappy teams in friendly matches and now they are suddenly the third best team in the world 3 months after it. Does it make sense? nah.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ribèry is out of the World Cup, therefore France is out of the WC. :XD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I find their team somehow stronger than yours tbh (and not just because you're Brazil, I don't do that shit) even if Ribery is out. We'll see, they have still plenty quality players (and their group is super easy, if they qualify 1st there they should make it to top 8 without much troubles - as the first in that group plays against the 2nd in ours-).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, they were lucky, but reach the final, which was nearly impossible before, is impossible now. Well, I don't mind, France is not on our way anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

The match against Serbia was very technical and they stayed defensive for the entire game, as expect when someone play against us. We had a bit of difficulty with their defense, but I'm satisfied with the result, even more when Serbia is as strong as Croatia and with a similiar style. We dominated the entire game.
We had a goal unfairly nullified, so we won by 2x0.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The match against Serbia was very technical and they stayed defensive for the entire game, as expect when someone play against us. We had a bit of difficulty with their defense, but I'm satisfied with the result, even more when Serbia is as strong as Croatia and with a similiar style. We dominated the entire game.

I wonder if you have actually seen Croatia play... :XD Croatias midfield is way stronger than Serbias. And they actually have an oustanding striker.
Of course I haven't seen Brazils match tonight but oh well. We will see on Thursday.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder if you have actually seen Croatia play... :XD Croatias midfield is way stronger than Serbias. And they actually have an oustanding striker.
Of course I haven't seen Brazils match tonight but oh well. We will see on Thursday.
I haven't seen Croatia playing, but the commentators had and they said that. :XD
Serbia almost classified to the World Cup, they were in the same group as Croatia, they are kind of in the same level.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I haven't seen Croatia playing, but the commentators had and they said that. :XD
Serbia almost classified to the World Cup, they were in the same group as Croatia, they are kind of in the same level.
Same level doesn't mean similar style. Especially not at a world club. I'm just saying that Rakitic and Modric are on a completely different level. I can only hope for Brazil that your coach doesn't underestimate Croatia as much as you seem to do.
And I certainly hope that the wc referees actually punish Neymar for his stupid diving unlike today.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Same level doesn't mean similar style. Especially not at a world club. I'm just saying that Rakitic and Modric are on a completely different level. I can only hope for Brazil that your coach doesn't underestimate Croatia as much as you seem to do.
And I certainly hope that the wc referees actually punish Neymar for his stupid diving unlike today.
I said they have similar style, based on what the commentators said and that they have a similiar level based on their positions in the qualification and what the commentators said. It was not me who said it. lol
I just said that I want Brazil wins, I cannot cheer for my team anymore? Who will rely on them but us Brazilian? lol

Have you watched the match? Neymar didn't dive in any moment in the match. :huh
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I haven't seen Croatia playing, but the commentators had and they said that. :XD
Local commentators usually don't know shit about European teams.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Local commentators usually don't know shit about European teams.
It is not the case, I can guarantee. One experienced commentator, the most famous here who commented 4~5 WCs and international games, and two ex-players who played in Europe, one of them was Ronaldo.
Really that do you think that there aren't good commentators in Brazil?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top