Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In this match or what the fuck are you speaking about? He's been BRILLIANT in Madrid. Press is even talking about top 3 Ballon d'Or nomination!
Yeah, just like Cannavaro, rumors floating that if he wins WC, he'll win Balllon d'Or
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
He hasn't, and I've been saying this for months now. Pepe has been Madrid's most regular defender, and Varane is always a starter whenever he isn't injured. He had some important goals, yes, but he was far from outstanding (as you called him) doing his job (...defending). Madrid suffered from air balls the entire season because of this.
Well thank god, finally someone that realizes Pepe's greatness. So many I know keep bashing the guy, refusing to acknowledge his great talents because of his previous mistakes as a "toxic player" (dirty play).

I don't know dude, I don't agree he's been as average as you portray him. You're too harsh on him IMO. Ramos wasn't the fault in this match either. Pique was way worse from a defender's position. It's hard to look outstanding when your partner is being a snail and your goal keeper is acting like a fish on land. I do agree however that conceeding goals on corners and headers in general has been a problem for Madrid this season, but I digress.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Has there ever been a champion that didn't make it through the group stages of a WC? out of curiosity...
Italy 1950, Brazil 1966, France 2002, Italy 2010

France in 2002, the first one that comes into my mind.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Us in 1982... I would look for more but group phases were really different back then.

Edit: Brazil in 1966 and Italy in 1950.
You guys advanced in the initial group though, only the second group round you got kicked out
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Oh yeah, I won't even deny that, Piqué is worse. He's been Barca's weakest player in the last seasons imo. The fact that Bartra and Iñigo Martínez are missing the WC but this useless dude is a starter is so unfair.

Italy 1950, Brazil 1966, France 2002, Italy 2010
Fck u, you're late.

But I missed Italy in 2010... I guess I still don't want to admit they won in 2006, lol.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Oh yeah, I won't even deny that, Piqué is worse. He's been Barca's weakest player in the last seasons imo. The fact that Bartra and Iñigo Martínez are missing the WC but this useless dude is a starter is so unfair.
Diego Lopez isn't even in the squad dude. What do you say to that? :XD

Bosque is saying "especially Iker didn't cause this result" btw. Obviously he's smart not flaming/blaming to the media, but I wonder if he truly thinks that.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
As a huge fan of Italy, I am so afraid of the day we'll have to face Robben. That freakin Rocket.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Even though he isn't in the best moment of his career, I like Iker. I would had called Diego instead of Reina (who's a joke) but I still would had played with Iker in the first team today. Yes, his head isn't right and you can see that in every corner the opponent has, but I dunno. He's one of my favourite GKs ever :/ (he won't be a starter in the next match very likely though).

Also, I would like to say that Spain's biggest problem today was prolly the midfield. Xavi didn't exist, and Koke has been having a better perfomance BY FAR to the point that he should be a starter (also, Xavi has been garbage in Barca, as much as Cesc). In the second half, Xabi was subbed out, and that's when the match ended. The team got extremely unbalanced, as there wasn't a 5 anymore.

As a huge fan of Italy, I am so afraid of the day we'll have to face Robben. That freakin Rocket.
Your nationality confuses me.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Your nationality confuses me.
Spain nationality was from WC 2010 :p But Italy till the end baby, no nationality just love and respect (fan of Juve).
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Well like I said you can't go with the "we like Iker so much!" mentality. It hurts the team. That's why he was benched, and partly benched in Madrid.

If Spain benches Casillas next match it's the end for him in this tournament. He has to gain confidence and thus ability.

The Xavi comment ties to what I said before. Still has moments of brilliance but his level of play has dropped so notably. It's so obvious. It's also a big reason Barca hasn't performed close to the same level as a few years ago. Alonso was a bit odd, he had some strange bad passes at the start of the game, but then he looked good later.

Also says a lot when Spain sends Alonso to do the penalty when they have a striker (Costa) on the pitch. Right there shows how much confidence they have in Costa's ability.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Your nationality confuses me.
He's completely blind for Italian football... Don't go there man, I warn you. Don't talk about Juventus. JUVE JUVE JUVE???
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Nah, Xabi has always been Spain's 1st penalty kicker. He took care of the penalty against Paraguay in 2010.

Yay Alexis!

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Valdivia makes it 2-0

My 3-0 prediction might be off for like 5 goals D:
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Nah, Xabi has always been Spain's 1st penalty kicker. He took care of the penalty against Paraguay in 2010.
And they've had no striker to take the penalties anyway for those years because Torres sucks, and Villa is so random :kappa
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Added poll for England vs Italy game. Let me know if any changes are needed.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chile is doing their job I might say, but their defense is very problematic, reflex of their extremely offensive style I think. They should work this for the match against Spain.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I voted Italy, although it seems if England come out of nowhere in a match like that, they have a good chance to duke it out with some other big contenders as well, so not ruling England by any means, my AC Milan days made me love Italy and I still love it. xD Generally tho I guess Italy are favorites and it's not just the pure fan in me while giving the vote.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

The reason behind Marcelos own goal:

 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Voted for England, I think they'll do well in this WC

Laughed a lot watching Spain getting raped :XD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Chile takes it 3-1. I was close, lol.

Tomorrow we'll have 4 matches!

Colombia-Greece (imo 2-0)

Uruguay-Costa Rica (3-0)

England-Italy (0-1)

Ivory Coast-Japan (2-2)
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Poor Aussie's, fought so hard and yet it amounted to nothing. Neither of them should be a danger for Netherlands and Spain though. Provided that the latter didn't get a psychological shock so immense that they can't play footie anymore...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chile played under my expectations, has too much to do until next match.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah, I have to say, I'm kinda dissapointed with Chile's performance besides the first 15 minutes. Still, I believe in them, I can still see them having a shot against Spain. We'll see in 5 days.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyone from Holland here?

I'll never forget what those people did here, in my city. Not only because of that historical game, but "Orange Square" is so fucking awesome. After an amazing street party like that, in the city of the biggest street party on the planet, of course this All Saints land would give them its blessing.

Now I'm waiting for German vs Portugal. Let's what they can do here.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

And by the way, Van Persie is the real Flying Dutchman!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top