Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I am disappointed by Neymar, i at least expected something like this
Towards the end, Marcelo dived and I thought the ref was about to call it a penalty. I was like ¨Oh... this shit again¨ :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Got to say the atmosphere sounded spectacular in that match. No booing towards the opposing team as far as I could hear, only cheering for 90 minutes. Players not being mad at each other and while playing intense they were at good spirit. To see Silva hug Hernandez after he cut him down really badly was amazing. This is football and football spirit I like. The only thing that lacked was goals (and of course it wasn't exactly football at the highest level), but still a very enjoyable match to watch. Brazil/Mexican spectators won me over this game. You even saw TV shots of Brazilian fans just cheering and being at a high spirit even at 0-0 and while Brazil wasn't playing very well. This is what I like to see.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Towards the end, Marcelo dived and I thought the ref was about to call it a penalty. I was like ¨Oh... this shit again¨ :XD
The ref still had no balls, Marcelo, strictly speaking, should have gotten 2 yellow cards, one for the dive, the other for the technical foul against Marquez
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Got to say the atmosphere sounded spectacular in that match. No booing towards the opposing team as far as I could hear, only cheering for 90 minutes. Players not being mad at each other and while playing intense they were at good spirit. To see Silva hug Hernandez after he cut him down really badly was amazing. This is football and football spirit I like. The only thing that lacked was goals (and of course it wasn't exactly football at the highest level), but still a very enjoyable match to watch. Brazil/Mexican spectators won me over this game. You even saw TV shots of Brazilian fans just cheering and being at a high spirit even at 0-0 and while Brazil wasn't playing very well. This is what I like to see.
Thanks to the referee. Mexico tried to turn the game a fight in the first minutes, but he knew how to control the atmosphere. Mexico vs. Brazil is always good to watch though. Always with spirit and effort by the two teams.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Thanks to the referee. Mexico tried to turn the game a fight in the first minutes, but he knew how to control the atmosphere. Mexico vs. Brazil is always good to watch though. Always with spirit and effort by the two teams.
Yeah the referee did a great job. Almost no hollywood acting since they knew he wouldn't give anything. Only stand out being Marcelo taking a dive into the sea.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Belgium sucked... I am glad that we got three points but I can not say more than that.

We have a bad coach. He played out three subtitutes well but that's it. Our bench is so good that even a child can do that. I did not see tactics at all. Against Algeria, you can afford this play but not against other opponents.

And Vertonghen wtf, have a bit confidence in the play. That foul play was not needed, have confidence in courtois.

Belgium: 3/10 (1ste half: 1/10, 2nd half 5/10)
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
No booing towards the opposing team as far as I could hear, only cheering for 90 minutes.
Worse, I think I heard some booing to Fred when he was subbed out, but I might be wrong.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, Fred wasn't good today, but Jo is sooooo bad!

Anyway, I think we'll end up in the first place of the group, but if we keep playing like that we won't get past Spain/Chile. Even if we do, no way to be at the same level as Netherlands/Germany

Confeds Cup is bullsh#t. It was proven in 06 and 10, but people still say we're favorites just because we won...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The ref still had no balls, Marcelo, strictly speaking, should have gotten 2 yellow cards, one for the dive, the other for the technical foul against Marquez
Way too little cards were given. Silva should've seen red for his harsh foul too.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
I am disappointed by Neymar, i at least expected something like this

Match was entertaining. With no Hulk, Neymar had no one to play with.. Brazil is filled with no-namers (amazing what 10 years can do to a team). Mexico keeper MVP.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Belgians and Brazilians had a bad day today. Neither of them get satisfied. :p
It happens though, I knew it would be a tough match anyway...

Cameroon will be a pice of cake and a victory is mandatory. They will play like no tomorrow.
I'm more curious regarding Croatia vs. Mexico, the beloved for everybody and the underestimated for everybody. XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Belgians and Brazilians had a bad day today. Neither of them get satisfied. :p
It happens though, I knew it would be a tough match anyway...

Cameroon will be a pice of cake and a victory is mandatory. They will play like no tomorrow.
I'm more curious regarding Croatia vs. Mexico, the beloved for everybody and the underestimated for everybody. XD
Just because Brazil drew with Mexico, it doesn't mean your assumption was correct. Mexico has exceeded expectations as far as results go.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just because Brazil drew with Mexico, it doesn't mean your assumption was correct. Mexico has exceeded expectations as far as results go.
You think that Mexico exceeded expectations because you underestimate it. We play badly though, so you are half right, maybe. They played what we expected they would play, we that couldn't play as well as we should.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
What? Most of them either play in the EPL or in La Liga ._.
Bendtner played in EPL and Series A, still a no-namer for me :/ I'm comparing this team to the beast from 1998 area.

It's a shame, I hope Brazil still picks up the pace and gives Germany/Holland a run for their money. I like tournaments where brazil are top contenders :(
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There was the Ochoa factor as well. XD
We could have won this match if he were there, really. Miraculous is how I would describe. XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You think that Mexico exceeded expectations because you underestimate it. We play badly though, so you are half right, maybe. They played what we expected they would play, we that couldn't play as well as we should.
Well, then so did everyone else who paid attention to qualifying. There was very little reason to believe anything close to the performance we've seen from them would happen. Their history has nothing to do with it.

Fair enough, at least you admit the team has been underwhelming.
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Felipao in his interview has just asked the jounalists if the referees will stop giving penalties to brasil. That has to be a joke. He really thinks that Marcelo's dive was a penalty?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top