Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Wow. Chile is great, fun to watch. Pressing high and hard. Spain is just sad.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
They aren't playing atm...

And how is it counter productive? Against the Netherlands, when they brought a more ¨creative player¨ their team lost balance and got destroyed.
Yes, they aren't playing.

Because imo they dont need both to do a job Alonso could be doing on his own, so it's a waste of a player who could then be providing more opportunities up front.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Wow. Chile is great, fun to watch. Pressing high and hard. Spain is just sad.
well Chile not even allowing them to have their regular "1" goal :teehee
 

Txapeldun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2013
Messages
599
Reaction score
236
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well deserved for Spain. I actually want them to lose, you can't win if you don't even try. What's Silva doing there? and Costa? and Xabi Alonso?
It's really wonderful to see football justice from time to time.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Great performance by Chile. I love watching this kind of football. Puts a smile on my face.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, Spain don't look like scoring at all...
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This is the biggest rape by a title holder. France in 2002 is not even close.
Spain, first team to be eliminated in the world cup (with Australia).
Before Honduras, before Iran, ... :D
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Deserved end for Spain and deserved advancement by Chile! They played amazing this match.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't know which match was better, Netherlands destruction or Chile destruction. Great match, Spain deserved the ticket to Madrid, and Chile, the qualification.

As for which one I'd like to see Brazil playing against... I don't know. :derp
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say after seeing both Netherlands and Chile play today, Brazil would need to up their up game in order to compete with these 2 teams.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I'd say after seeing both Netherlands and Chile play today, Brazil would need to up their up game in order to compete with these 2 teams.
they got the refs, np
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Spain horrible. The end of a generation... I really look forward to the new Spain we might see in the future. But for now that is about it.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Spain horrible. The end of a generation... I really look forward to the new Spain we might see in the future. But for now that is about it.
A lot of their stars are close in age, so it won't be long before a new line up comes through. How they compare to their golden generation, we'll see. Next WC will definitely be quite interesting.

Oh, forgot the poll for England vs Uruguay....one moment....
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Not really impressed by either England or Uruguay. Not sure who to vote for. I am rooting for Uruguay because President Mujica is such an interesting figure.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
And the QUEEN isn't?! pfft.

I went for a draw and hope to be proved positively wrong. Despite England having some talent in their team, it just doesn't scream comfort or confidence like other nations do, even with some of their lesser known names.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hmm, i don´t know, England did not seem that bad in the first match while Uruguay is on the weak side, i think England will take it.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
And the QUEEN isn't?! pfft.
Point well taken :oh



Let's say then that I am rooting against David Cameron :cookiestare

I went for a draw and hope to be proved positively wrong. Despite England having some talent in their team, it just doesn't scream comfort or confidence like other nations do, even with some of their lesser known names.
I'm too much of a soccer noob to have an informed opinion. All I know is what I saw from their opening games. Neither side looked good. England did at least lose to a superior team. Uruguay had no business losing to Costa Rica. I still voted Uruguay. England is bound to disappoint in the World Cup.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I got home about an hour ago and saw what happened. I laughed my ass off, well, not literally, but you know what I mean.

Still, exactly as I predicted, Del Bosque didn't have the balls to bench Casillas. Even though Valdes isn't that good, and he's probably still injured, I'd rather have had him out there than Casillas.

However, I didn't expect Spain to lose, so all props to the Chileans.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Alex Song's red card is worse than Pepe's, because at least Pepe was provoked a little bit because of Muller's wild dive, although Pepe was still way out of line. Alex Song just smashed an elbow into a guy's back for no reason at all.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

I picked an England win on a feeling, not because I believe in them or anything. The match depends on whether or not Suarez is able to play. Uruguay are a bit impotent without him and England are impotent all the time anyway, but if Suarez is out, England will probably press the advantage.

I picked England to not make it out of the group stages, but that was under the assumption that Suarez would be fit for all three matches.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I got home about an hour ago and saw what happened. I laughed my ass off, well, not literally, but you know what I mean.

Still, exactly as I predicted, Del Bosque didn't have the balls to bench Casillas. Even though Valdes isn't that good, and he's probably still injured, I'd rather have had him out there than Casillas.
Kinda hard to do when Valdes isn't on the squad :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top