Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
England had a good game against one of the best teams in this WC. Uruguay did a terrible job against Costa Rica. It's pretty easy for me.

Because imo they dont need both to do a job Alonso could be doing on his own, so it's a waste of a player who could then be providing more opportunities up front.
I agree. I'll go back to this in my next reply.

Well deserved for Spain. I actually want them to lose, you can't win if you don't even try. What's Silva doing there? and Costa? and Xabi Alonso?
It's really wonderful to see football justice from time to time.
I dunno. I've been reading a lot of Spanish comments, and they literally murder everyone in the entire team except Koke. Considering they are some of the best players in their position in the entire world, I don't think the problem is in individualities. The problem remains in the entire plan and game idea of Del Bosque. Spain won a WC playing like shit, lost the Confed Cup and lost almost every friendly match against a candidate. Yes, they dominated in the last Euro, but everything previously mentioned is still very important.

I would love to have a Casillas in my team (fu frosty). I would love to have a Ramos in my team. I wouldn't mind having a Xabi in my team (but why would I want him, I have fcking Mascherano). I wouldn't mind having Costa in my team (but sorry, I have God himself).

If Barcelona showed us something this year, is that tiki-taka doesn't work if there's absolutely no verticality and if your defenders are turtles. Del Bosque decided to die with his methods... and well, he's dead, lol. And yes, maybe some of them aren't in the best moment of their career (Piqué, Iker, Xavi, and the list goes on) but with a proper coach this wouldn't have happenned, and I find it unfair if only the players are blamed for this. If in 2010 we had had a group as hard as Spain had in this year, the same would had prolly happenned to us.

On the other hand, brilliant game from Chile, and I really like the fact that they are playing the same style Bielsa ¨taught¨ them (fast paced and vertical attacks from the sides, a lot of pressure, taking advantage of individualities without relying on them... pure ¨Bielsism¨).

/end of the wall of text

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Back to this game, nice to see Croatia destroy Cameroon, lol.

Now, Mexico - Croatia will be a tie, Cameroon will win against Brazil 2-0, and everything will be perfect.

Also, 2 Cameroon(ians?) just started fighting against each other :lmao

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------



And don't come back.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
i keep lol'ing at this.


since i've been in cameroon once, i know few people from there. i've gotten some priceless reaction from facebook :lmao
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
fifa really went full retard on this http://www.cnet.com/news/fifa-bans-beats-headphones-from-world-cup-matches/ it's like telling players we're sponsored by heineken so you have no right to drink any other beer around
FIFA went full retard when they awarded back to back Cups to Russia and Qatar. Because the Sochi Olympics went so well :eyeroll

Isn't FIFA perpetually full-retard? Nothing new there
An insult to retards. Most petro-dictatorships are less corrupt, and more efficient, than FIFA.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kinda hard to do when Valdes isn't on the squad :p
Oh, right, sorry. I meant Pepe Reina. Of course, the best Spanish keeper, and by that I mean Diego Lopez, wasn't taken to the WC because Captain Courageous (or should I say Captain Noob?) would've been put out.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Oh, right, sorry. I meant Pepe Reina. Of course, the best Spanish keeper, and by that I mean Diego Lopez, wasn't taken to the WC because Captain Courageous (or should I say Captain Noob?) would've been put out.
Well no, considering they selected De Gea instead of him as well. Unless you mean inviting his backup at Real would put him out in some way?
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Saying that Reina > Casillas just because the latter had 2 fcking bad matches is the same as saying that Torres > Costa honestly. Reina is a scrub.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Was Valdes left off of the 23 because of injury? It doesn't make sense for Reina to be there and not him otherwise. I wouldn't have pulled Casillas either, but starting Valdes if he was there would have made more sense than Reina. Shit, maybe even De Gea would make more sense to me, honestly.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Valdes had a surgery in his knee like just 3 months ago, so yeah it's because of his injury.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Was Valdes left off of the 23 because of injury? It doesn't make sense for Reina to be there and not him otherwise. I wouldn't have pulled Casillas either, but starting Valdes if he was there would have made more sense than Reina. Shit, maybe even De Gea would make more sense to me, honestly.
I think De Gea picked up an injury in training, so Del Bosque couldn't have picked him for today's match if he wanted to. Yes, Valdes is still out with injury.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Saying that Reina > Casillas just because the latter had 2 fcking bad matches is the same as saying that Torres > Costa honestly. Reina is a scrub.
Casillas utterly sucks now. Reina is pretty bad, and, as a Chelsea fan I've made my fair share of jokes about Reina, but he's still better than Casillas right now. Casillas, off the back of how he's playing right now, should not play for any top team ever again. Truthfully, he should retire now and save himself the embarrassment, but that probably won't happen. All I can say is that if I were Carlo, I'd be heavily considering what I'm doing for a keeper for next season.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Well no, considering they selected De Gea instead of him as well. Unless you mean inviting his backup at Real would put him out in some way?
Lopez actually started over Casillas for all but a handful of league matches (plus this season's Copa Del Rey and CL matches) during the last 18 months, so he wasn't really Casillas' backup at all. Bringing Lopez, a man that Del Bosque has refused to give a single cap to because he didn't play for a big team at the time and then there was the issue with Madrid, to the WC would've destroyed any confidence Casillas has, most likely, and Del Bosque didn't want to do that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think De Gea picked up an injury in training, so Del Bosque couldn't have picked him for today's match if he wanted to. Yes, Valdes is still out with injury.
That rings a bell, now that you mention it
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina

:lmao

it isn't real, just in case

That twitter thing we have sometimes works for me and sometimes it doesn't, I suck lol

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Omg I love reddit



 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
At least they have a country to go to when they're eliminated, I guess it'll be a disaster if Brazil suffers the same fate before the final which is a likely possibility judging by their first two games honestly. They need to step up their game quite a bit, perhaps the stress of having to win in front of the home crowd affects them adversely.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I saw this one live during the game and found it embarrassing honestly. I'm not above schadenfreude, but...lol

I guess I missed the part where Brazil knocked Spain out :hmm
Just shows how afraid Brazilians were to play against Spain in the next round :umad
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
i keep lol'ing at this.


since i've been in cameroon once, i know few people from there. i've gotten some priceless reaction from facebook :lmao
Typical Barca players 8-)

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Some funny or interesting pics regarding yesterday
















My favorite https://vine.co/v/MTzX9F7WFH1
rofl all across the board. Dat classic reaction to a missed handshake in the vine video though xD

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I didn't watch Croatia vs Cameroon, but I feel like once again news overall hype up a team for stomping unjustified. I mean it was 1-0 at 40 min until Barca's dirty tactics (ok i'm done now) went into play and they were reduced to 10 men. At that point scoring more goals isn't that impressive from Croatia, I'm sorry, it just isn't. Journalists are overly hyping the match saying "Croatia slaughtered Cameroon" and "Croatia are looking really strong". Just no. They look fine but come on.

Looked like a hilarious match though based on the red card incident and the headbutt later on, rofl. Cameroon players with their heads elsewhere than the game for sure?

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I saw this one live during the game and found it embarrassing honestly. I'm not above schadenfreude, but...lol

I guess I missed the part where Brazil knocked Spain out :hmm
Rofl, is that guy in the picture even writing correctly? Spain = Espanha in Portuguese... Guess it could be a "slang"/short version of Espanha. Whatever. Any case funny pic.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

At least they have a country to go to when they're eliminated, I guess it'll be a disaster if Brazil suffers the same fate before the final which is a likely possibility judging by their first two games honestly. They need to step up their game quite a bit, perhaps the stress of having to win in front of the home crowd affects them adversely.
I think it's way more to do with their lack of a real striker. They have Fred. Fred is terrible, and hasn't played for a decent club in ages. People love to bash Fred but it's honestly true. Brazil isn't dominant enough in the rest of their play to make up for a very underwhelming striker.

In addition Brazil is also lacking diversity and quickness in their play. They either spend too many touches passing the ball, or they hold the ball too long. If you watched their past two matches it looks like Neymar really is the only one capable of winning 1v1 duels. He's the only one really being creative and able to bring the extra spark. Oscar is superb as well in the mid-field but he simply has no one to play with besides Neymar honestly. So far though I think Neymar has easily showed his worth in the WC. If the rest of the team, mostly in the attacking side can start performing they can easily do very well. They need to be faster and more decisive in front of the opponent's goal. To their defense Ochoa did play amazingly vs them, so I think some of the flack from Brazilian and World press is kind of harsh, although you saw the same tendencies in that game. Their situation can SORT OF be compared to Spain's in terms of movement in front of the goal being too slow/too many passes/not enough decisiveness/lack of a good striker.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I didn't watch Croatia vs Cameroon, but I feel like once again news overall hype up a team for stomping unjustified. I mean it was 1-0 at 40 min until Barca's dirty tactics (ok i'm done now) went into play and they were reduced to 10 men. At that point scoring more goals isn't that impressive from Croatia, I'm sorry, it just isn't. Journalists are overly hyping the match saying "Croatia slaughtered Cameroon" and "Croatia are looking really strong". Just no. They look fine but come on.

Looked like a hilarious match though based on the red card incident and the headbutt later on, rofl. Cameroon players with their heads elsewhere than the game for sure?
Cameroon showed a clear improvement compared to the first match but Croatia still was the better team, especially in the midfield with Modric and the impressive Rakitic. Sure, the red card made it even harder for Cameroon but Croatia still controlled the match, maybe not to the extent of "stomping" the opponent but still. Don´t wanna praise Croatia too much though, they were just individually better than Cameroon´s players. In the end, they could have won maybe 6-8:0 but got kind of sloppy with their chances.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top