Football 2014 FIFA World Cup - Part 1

Who will win the world cup?


  • Total voters
    23

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't think that Robben nor Macherano deserve it more than Messi, and I'm trying to be objective.
I wouldn't have given it to Robben over Messi either, honestly.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Congrats you overwhelming German community of MH!!!!!
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Of course, you have more teams...
More teams at the top, yes yes. Let the hate flow through you.
At this point you still can t see when a post is just a provocation ?
I m just having fun tormenting you.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
James, Muller, or Robben should've won it. If you want to give it to a WC winner (Messi lost), give it to Muller, who had more goals and more assists than Messi.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
It gives it more value. If it's every year then it has close to no value. Plus, it takes a while to do the qualies everywhere.
I get the point but isnt 4 years way too much ? I think 2 years would be perfect ^^
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
More teams at the top, yes yes. Let the hate flow through you.
At this point you still can t see when a post is just a provocation ?
I m just having fun tormenting you.
Tormenting me how :XD

Of course, we only have 2 top teams, you have like 6... Is that new?

James, Muller, or Robben should've won it.
I already showed stats that say Messi > Robben, plus he played the final.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I get the point but isnt 4 years way too much ? I think 2 years would be perfect ^^
You could say the same about the Olympics, but I think it's fine this way. I don't see a reason to have it more often.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Of course, you have more teams...



I don't think that Robben nor Macherano deserve it more than Messi, and I'm trying to be objective.
Mascherano was THE midfielder this tournament, at least defensivly speaking. It is not really about his last minute saves either, the guy has an incredible movement without ball when his team is defending, he can take out 2-3 guys almost by himself just by anticipation and intelligent movement.

Sure, Messi was your best guy offensively speaking but taht was not so hard since, besides Di Maria a bit, your offense sucked this tourney, partly due to heavy parking by our opponents biut also due to indivudal weaknesses.
Without Mascherano, you would have conceded much more goals, that´s my opinion.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Felt like a consolation to Messi.
BUT GOOD JOB GERMANY YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME AMAZING WOO
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Without Mascherano, you would have conceded much more goals, that´s my opinion.
Without Messi we prolly would had been out in 16's, and that's a fact I guess.

Sure, Messi was your best guy offensively speaking but taht was not so hard since, besides Di Maria a bit, your offense sucked this tourney, partly due to heavy parking by our opponents biut also due to indivudal weaknesses
He was one of the best attackers (if not the 2nd best, only behind James) of the WC, not just Argentina.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Mascherano was THE midfielder this tournament, at least defensivly speaking. It is not really about his last minute saves either, the guy has an incredible movement without ball when his team is defending, he can take out 2-3 guys almost by himself just by anticipation and intelligent movement.

Sure, Messi was your best guy offensively speaking but taht was not so hard since, besides Di Maria a bit, your offense sucked this tourney, partly due to heavy parking by our opponents biut also due to indivudal weaknesses.
Without Mascherano, you would have conceded much more goals, that´s my opinion.
How often is it given to defenders though, honestly? It's the same with awards in all sports, unless it's specifically for a defensive player.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
You could say the same about the Olympics, but I think it's fine this way. I don't see a reason to have it more often.
It doesnt really matter but if we are already talking about it ... I think the Olympics are a bit different than WC since there are many sports on the Olmypics and just one on WC so I think Olympics shouldnt be so often so its good as it is. Though Hockey WC is every year, Im not saying that its not enjoyable cuz Im looking forward to it every year but It would be more special if it was every 2 years lets say. Cuz this way we can say "Maybe next year" .. So 2 years for WC and 4 for the Olympics would be perfect!
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
For a team I didn't think would make it past groupstage at the beginning... well done.

Also well played Argentina. If only one of the guys in front of Neuer shoved it in, the match would have been decided. Guess he got some kind of haki from the way the commentator was talking here :derp

Goodbye Brazil, (surprisingly) nice Worldcup! See you for the Olympics o/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
How often is it given to defenders though, honestly? It's the same with awards in all sports, unless it's specifically for a defensive player.
Well, Khan received it in 2002 and Cannavaro in 2006.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It doesnt really matter but if we are already talking about it ... I think the Olympics are a bit different than WC since there are many sports on the Olmypics and just one on WC so I think Olympics shouldnt be so often so its good as it is. Though Hockey WC is every year, Im not saying that its not enjoyable cuz Im looking forward to it every year but It would be more special if it was every 2 years lets say. Cuz this way we can say "Maybe next year" .. So 2 years for WC and 4 for the Olympics would be perfect!
Yeah but depending on where it's held, a shitload of city planning and construction needs to go on. So it isn't that different from the Olympiad.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
What about the European Championship?
That I dont really care about, never watched, never knew when it was so I cant really say :p
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Yeah but depending on where it's held, a shitload of city planning and construction needs to go on. So it isn't that different from the Olympiad.
Well yeah football WC probably needs much more preparations than others so I guess :XD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
With this, Ust and Miyagi are the winners btw!

No, Zidane won it in 2006
Nope, Cannavaro.

Edit: Fck, it was Zidane. Cannavaro won the Ballon d'or.
 
Top