Discussion Sanji a big dissapointment?

Sproumfch

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2013
Messages
358
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
France
Zoro was strong, but Hodi used drugs to recover and enhance his strength. He took down Hodi and would have won if it weren't for those pesky drugs.

Again, I say we wait for the crew's confrontation with Big Mom's pirates since Sanji is the only one who's powerful enough to fight.
Well IMO Chopper can be a very good opponent against the Turtle lion. And Sanji will take on the long leg man.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Yeah Zoro powned him... at the beginning. After, well nothing better happened, am I right? His cutting was not strong enought. Zoro was not strong enought. End.
/!\ TROLL /!\ Guys Im realy too much disapointed in Zoro right now. Look, he trained 2 years with Miwhak and what? He can't One Shot a Marine Admiral and a Shishibukai together? Zoro you are a loss. /!\ END OF TROLL /!\ See what I am doing?


I though Iunderstood your post, which is basically a whining on "how this character is totally useless and wrong? (I may be totally wrong, once again).

Hodi didn't beat Zoro once, he lost his breath... Big ass difference
Anyway it's not about characters being useless, it's about characters not maturing enough despite the shitload of experiences they went through, it's as if they've never been in the GL before, it's as if they aren't pirates

One example is Brook for example, this guy has been living alone for decades, in the middle of one the most frightening part of the GL, and yet he still can't man up enough to beat the shit ouf of Jora without making himself look like a fool when she sneaked in ? Same for Nami/Chopper... Are you telling me Jora is more frightening than what they faced before ?

I can understand them being frightened for comical purposes, but when it becomes a running gimmick through the manga and even in god damn serious situations, then no, it's pure bullshit

And don't give me the " This OP " argument, that's an absolute logical fallacy, this manga has been running for more than a decade, the readers grew up and new readers are reading it too, but the generation that grew up with it are still following it, yet Oda is mocking them (or me at least) by not making the characters themselves grow, still staying way too damn childish some times. I know Oda doesn't want to write a boring story, but it doesn't have to be a ridiculous one too... For me, since the timeskip, I feel as if Oda is mocking me... How the hell can he turn the whole Sanji bleeding into a serious issue seriously ? It's pure bullshit

Look at the panel of Franky in the last chapter... Just look at that shit... Does that look like a fight to the death ? Is that the face of someone who's willing to save the country and shit ? I feel mocked when I read stuff like that... Maybe I could've found that funny if I were still a kid, but I'm not unfortunately
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Hey, the SH arrived in the NW yesterday (in the story line). Can't they still be a little bit afraid of this new sea?
I feel like you want to compare Roger's and Luffy's crew. Sorry but it won't ever be the same. Especially in term of rank making.
First we never saw Roger's crew,
Second Luffy is the manga's hero. It would be a shame if the hero has the same story pattern as the hero's idol. You see?
Oda has made crystal clear similarities between Luffy and Roger. Even characters in the series have made comparisons between Luffy and Roger.
There isn't anything wrong with making comparisons between the two crews.

Nami/Usopp/Chopper/Brook can be a lil scared but so far in NW they've been close to chickens.
We've not seen any of that boldness we got back in EniesLobby or the boldness they claimed they would have for Luffy's sake before they trained for 2 years.
Being a little scared is fine if there is a balance but besides the fodder they smacked at Fishman Island they've been really disappointing.

Furthermore, Sanji hs never be the guys who was beaten in first.
Remember Zoro in the Fisherman's Island? He wasn't able to defeat Hodi underwater and unpowered.
I feel that Sanji did well against Doffy.
Doflamingo was one of the few that left the Marineford Battle unscathed. Really, he had nothing.

You guys maybe don't yet understand how much Doflamingo is a beast !
Agreed on this.
 

VAArmOOs

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
29
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Remember Zoro in the Fisherman's Island? He wasn't able to defeat Hodi underwater and unpowered.
Man, you're wrong on this one. He beat Hodi with one slash and Hodi fainted. Only got reanimated by drugs given to him by his henchmen:

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/619/4

Zoro was strong, but Hodi used drugs to recover and enhance his strength. He took down Hodi and would have won if it weren't for those pesky drugs.

Again, I say we wait for the crew's confrontation with Big Mom's pirates since Sanji is the only one who's powerful enough to fight.
After Hodi took the drugs he didn't beat zoro at all. Zoro was drowning and was pulled by other fishmen FODDER,...that only confirms that he was to weak to fight further:

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/619/7 (You can see the multiple hands).

I believe Zoro could defeat Hodi with medium to high difficulty in Hodi's "fully upgraded form", if you consider that Luffy defeated him with easy to medium difficulty. Zoro even beat Hyouzou (second strongest) with ease. I think that also tells us something about power levels.

Don't put your expectations too high on sanji. Even Luffy would probably take a beating against a Yonko's crew.
 
Last edited:

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Zoro would've raped Hodi one hundred times in that situation if it weren't for the lack of oxygen... It's pretty obvious
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
But DUDE , THIS IS MANGA. And more, this is One Piece.

I you want a character developpement based manga, ofc go read Berserk.
Here it is One Piece.
You know, Usopp won't become brave by landing a foot on Elbaf.
And Sanji didn't trained his Haki with Rayleigh.
And Chopper/Nami/Usopp will always be the frightened ones.

You ask for change but you are not patient enought. And I feel it's the same wth everybody.
If the week's chapter isn't fast enought, everyone whines.
Hey, try do draw that if you wanna make some criticism, see?

You say if I'm wrong or right ;)
Please. There is no need to bring this kind of straw man statement here. One Piece is also about characters developing. A perfect example is Robin. Please don't say stuff like "One Piece isn't a character development based manga" since Oda includes all kinds of elements in this manga for you to limit it by saying what it isn't.
Both the main cast and and recurring characters have shown character development.

It seems like you're basically saying that you're more than satisfied with these characters to remain scared regardless of the circumstances.
{ersonally I think its fine to be annoyed with Nami/Usopp/Chopper/Brook's cowardice since these guys have been hunted down by the likes of Kuma, Kizaru, Smoker and Cipher Pol already. So them being shown as pathetic against that random Art-Art fruit lady is a bit out of place considering the trained for 2 years to NOT constantly be in such scenarios and being known as "The weak trio" as Usopp stated.
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
Zoro would've raped Hodi one hundred times in that situation if it weren't for the lack of oxygen... It's pretty obvious
Even maxed out hodi would have been raped by zoro, just like white hair hyouzou was.
 

exacta

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 23, 2009
Messages
2,709
Reaction score
1,323
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sanji has had a rather poor choice in opponents lately. He's not weak at all though. For the people saying he's going to do something epic against Big Mom's crew, whether he does or not I would expect it to be off-screen. I don't think his epic fight will happen until next arc earliest. Unless he ends up fighting Trebol somehow.
 

VAArmOOs

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
29
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Even maxed out hodi would have been raped by zoro, just like white hair hyouzou was.
I agree. I only said "medium to high difficulty" at the worst scenario possible. I actually believe Luffy and Zoro are very close in prowess especially because of Zoro's straightforward attitude and awareness in battle.
 
Last edited:

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Even maxed out hodi would have been raped by zoro, just like white hair hyouzou was.
I'd say Zoro would've a much easier time beating Hodi in the water than Luffy because he doesn't have a DF
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,192
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Even after the fracture and the beating his body got while Nami was controlling it, Sanji was still moving and fighting.
this is the reason sanji looked weak against vergo and thats all...

to get defeated by doflamingo is no shame,he at least managed to counterattack not like smoker,i still think he belongs to the monster trio,he just didnt have the right opponent to show his true power
 

jamarTheDem

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
662
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
this is the reason sanji looked weak against vergo and thats all...

to get defeated by doflamingo is no shame,he at least managed to counterattack not like smoker,i still think he belongs to the monster trio,he just didnt have the right opponent to show his true power
Sanji broke his leg trying to attack Vergo that was a HORRIBLE look on his part . I understand Vergo had excellent Hardening Haki control but come on Oda made Sanji look like a scrub . Now if Sanji look back at his defeats hopefully that drives him to train harder or maybe unlock hardening Haki (which he wasn't shown using) .

Clearly Sanji and Law isn't on the same level , but if Law was able to cut Vergo with his Devil fruit your saying Sanji couldn't kick him without harming himself ? But Sanji could could kick Dolfamingo without harming himself, something odd about that .

Zoro = Winning

Sanji = Losing

Now hopefully something snaps in Oda head to redeem Sanji failed clashes, cause as of now Sanji has Haki but doesn't actually know who to use and I'm pretty sure Iva wasn't a good enough teacher .
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Sanji broke his leg trying to attack Vergo that was a HORRIBLE look on his part .
I don't think that's the case, most people doesn't seems to realize hos strong Vergo was.
 

jamarTheDem

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
662
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think that's the case, most people doesn't seems to realize hos strong Vergo was.
I never said Vergo was weak actually I was saying the complete opposite . It's Sanji whose showed very weak when actuality he should of atlease been able to NOT break his leg .

Isn't it funny how fast Sanji healed , could that mean his leg is still broken ?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well IMO Chopper can be a very good opponent against the Turtle lion. And Sanji will take on the long leg man.
I'm not sure, if the turtle lion is actually one of the top fighters of the crew. Chopper is nowhere near that strong.
After Hodi took the drugs he didn't beat zoro at all. Zoro was drowning and was pulled by other fishmen FODDER,...that only confirms that he was to weak to fight further:

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/619/7 (You can see the multiple hands).

I believe Zoro could defeat Hodi with medium to high difficulty in Hodi's "fully upgraded form", if you consider that Luffy defeated him with easy to medium difficulty. Zoro even beat Hyouzou (second strongest) with ease. I think that also tells us something about power levels.

Don't put your expectations too high on sanji. Even Luffy would probably take a beating against a Yonko's crew.
Zoro, Luffy, and Sanji could beat Hodi without much of an issue. Luffy's problem was that he was fighting underwater, while Zoro had to deal with Hodi who juiced after being slashed.


After reading the Sanji vs. Vergo fight again, Sanji did not seem to be losing or winning. Even despite the fracture, Sanji was still moving and running as if nothing happened, so I don't see where he looked bad here.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After reading the Sanji vs. Vergo fight again, Sanji did not seem to be losing or winning. Even despite the fracture, Sanji was still moving and running as if nothing happened, so I don't see where he looked bad here.
It's moreso that he alluded to his potential loss after the fact.

Oda has definitely had Sanji Worfing it up since the time skip. It totally sucks being a Sanji fan right now. I don't even expect big things from the Big Mom confrontation because it's just going to be more beating up on to hype up the threat so it'll look awesome when Luffy and/or Zoro do it.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I'm not sure, if the turtle lion is actually one of the top fighters of the crew. Chopper is nowhere near that strong.
I think Pekoms and Tamago jobs were doing menial jobs for a top fighter? Still he is probably too much for Chopper.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's moreso that he alluded to his potential loss after the fact.

Oda has definitely had Sanji Worfing it up since the time skip. It totally sucks being a Sanji fan right now. I don't even expect big things from the Big Mom confrontation because it's just going to be more beating up on to hype up the threat so it'll look awesome when Luffy and/or Zoro do it.
He said he would have been in trouble, according to the translation on MangaStream's site, not that he'd have lost... but I could be remembering it wrong.
I think Pekoms and Tamago jobs were doing menial jobs for a top fighter? Still he is probably too much for Chopper.
They did take out a logia user with ease though. Wasn't Caribou the captain of his crew?
 

zunairnasir

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Why you people don't like Sanji. He is good no doubt about that.
 

jamarTheDem

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
662
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They did take out a logia user with ease though. Wasn't Caribou the captain of his crew?
Yeah him and his brother were . Can we really call Caribou a Logia or atlease on par with ANY Logia we see thus far ? Smoker and Crocodile could easily beat him up . As of now Caribou is the weakest Logia who bearly knew how to use his ability .

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Why you people don't like Sanji. He is good no doubt about that.
Its not that we don't like him , but clearly he's being toyed with by Oda . Im pretty sure later (like after this arc) Sanji will be showed in full bloom like a butterfly .

Wouldn't it be weird if Sanji feel inlove with the 3 eyed girl or Big Mom true form , which would give him reasons to stop Luffy from fighting her ?
 
Top