COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I never would've imagined that, WTF... Yeah at least it's somewhat understandable. Still Katsure understood the situation and got over it. WHERE THE HELL IS HE!?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I never would've imagined that, WTF... Yeah at least it's somewhat understandable. Still Katsure understood the situation and got over it. WHERE THE HELL IS HE!?
Killing the Tendoshu :D Or so I would like to think. If he isn't there at such a crucial time, he has to use the opportunity to get rid of the Amanto controlling the Government from the Shadows. Considering that he has his priorities straight (getting rid of the Amanto influence) instead of Takasugi who blames everyone, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

FINALLY! The infamously unaired Toyako episode will finally... okay, so its technically not gonna be "aired' as it is something that can only be seen on DVD but still.

The premise of that chapter is that Toyako was trying to "improve" the image of Gintama in the hopes of boosting its popularity out of fear that the end of the anime (at the time of the chapter's release, it was season 4 that ended) could affect the popularity of the manga. How fitting that they decide to release this episode after the anime has ended
For the episode bundled with the Volume in April. What better story to use to announce a new Gintama season? :teehee
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
meh....the big cry baby:xi0same
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Bardem was also great.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
You scare me off with walls :residentsleeper
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
yeah but I was in wall mood then, I like them, building them, painting them, watching them grow <3 Now I like to see them crumble!!!
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well they're both a pain and fun, so as long as the discussion stays interesting I don't mind if they don't crumble :XD I guess you can just answer when you feel like it
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Good that you allow me to reply when I want! :4head

Man I tried to post in the actual section instead of wasting my content here, but then you post a wall :nah
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Good that you allow me to reply when I want! :4head

Man I tried to post in the actual section instead of wasting my content here, but then you post a wall :nah
I rather meant when you're in the mood, because what's the point if you don't like doing it :XD Expect nagging each day though :4head

man you made one post about Pierrot and one about the characters you like, that hardly tells me anything regarding what I'm curious about.... you prolly didn't even read most of the threads, nor the chapter discussion 8)
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
I didn't get to it yet, plus you made me post here instead for some other topics >.>;;;;;

Last time I read/watch anything, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Why so serious? :XD

Hmm yeah, I think that arc is the best too. Everything around the torture still is my favourite scene and besides being well written the arc obviously turned everything upside down. Don't really agree with Kaneki being super lame/boring before, but there's no doubt that he's turned into a more multi-layered and badass/crazy character.

The whole Kanou hunting is one arc to me (which certainly is more action-focused) but afterwards we get like 20 chapters with hardly any action. Rize/Kaneki confrontation, Hide meets Touka/Touka meets Kaneki, Juuzo backstory, more Amon and Akira characterization, Takasugi Sen (with all the things she reveals to Amon), etc.
I guess the last arc stands out so much, but to me all those things mentioned above were great, it's those stories and interactions where I feel like Ishida really knows what he's doing.

Attack on Anteiku (that's what I call it xD) was really good in my opinion. Sure a connection to most characters was missing but then again, it's not like the Anteiku staffers outside of Yomo and Nishiki + Touka/Kaneki ever got much screentime, so they were not necessarily boring but never had the time to grow on someone. IIRC that's only a really small part of the battle though, most is focusing on Yoshimura/Doves, Kaneki/Amon, One Eyed Owl(King)/Arima. Considering that I really cared for Yoshimura, Kaneki and Amon that arc was pretty great to me overall, not to mention everything that happened.

Like you said, isn't that Amon/Kaneki conversation something you wanted? XD I think everyone wanted that, but reality doesn't work like that and would've made no sense in such a desperate situation anyway. Remember the first chapter? It was Kaneki who said that a story with him in the lead role would certainly be a tragedy, and that's what we got. I was pretty sad but you have to applaud Ishida for his balls, considering the "good" guys lost completely. Just like you I was really surprised too, I don't think anyone expected things to turn out that bad.

That being said, did you read the "Kaneki = Haise ?" thread? Feels like you didn't, there are a lot of hints/proof gathered there. Not sure what makes you think that Amon is dead for good? Lots of people are speculating when he will return, we never saw him die for real. Quite a few suspect that he was used in an experiment with Yoshimura and that he's a ghoul now too (basically opposite sides this time, with Kaneki/Haise working for CCG and Amon for the Ghoul side somehow).
What are your thoughts about Takasugi Sen? (The Novel writer Kaneki admired, who reveals all that stuff to Amon)
I'm always serious.

Well IMO his development was rather realistic in the sense that he struggled for a long time to adapt to being a ghoul (or accepting it), but he was just a boring main character to follow IMO. If my main characters are going to suck, I prefer if they are at least gutsy (like Naruto xD), though he had some bright moments like when confronting Amon etc.

Hmm, I really liked the Kanou Hunt/Mansion arc, I was more about the last being less "deep" than the others. I liked the ending a lot though. Yeah the build up was really well done and you can tell he knows what he's doing. I liked the many examples of "storytelling" which he explains by making Kaneki explains novels he's read etc. It makes it obvious Ishida is highly educated in the art of storytelling.

The thing about the last arc to me is that it also felt a little "standard", but overall obviously really good when the characters I cared about fought. Like you saw in the fav chars thread I really liked the Manager.

Yeah it was certainly a surprise. I pretty much agree with everything and I said it was realistic in the way they didn't have that "real talk" but a silent understanding instead. Nothing to add.

Huh? I even thanked one of your posts in it... I don't know really, maybe he isn't, but he seemed pretty RIP honestly. The only way he can really be relevant/refreshing in the future is for him to be a "Ghoul" now yeah. I liked Takasugi. Her nature was pretty obvious to me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top