COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Didn't see that one. Heard it was bad.
Nope it was great. Bond 22 is my least favorite, but Craig's Bond has been great so far.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't get to it yet, plus you made me post here instead for some other topics >.>;;;;;

Last time I read/watch anything, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
Wow your butthurt level has reached new heights, sorry mate I will not ever joke or nag you again :residentsleeper

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I'm always serious.

Well IMO his development was rather realistic in the sense that he struggled for a long time to adapt to being a ghoul (or accepting it), but he was just a boring main character to follow IMO. If my main characters are going to suck, I prefer if they are at least gutsy (like Naruto xD), though he had some bright moments like when confronting Amon etc.

Hmm, I really liked the Kanou Hunt/Mansion arc, I was more about the last being less "deep" than the others. I liked the ending a lot though. Yeah the build up was really well done and you can tell he knows what he's doing. I liked the many examples of "storytelling" which he explains by making Kaneki explains novels he's read etc. It makes it obvious Ishida is highly educated in the art of storytelling.

The thing about the last arc to me is that it also felt a little "standard", but overall obviously really good when the characters I cared about fought. Like you saw in the fav chars thread I really liked the Manager.

Yeah it was certainly a surprise. I pretty much agree with everything and I said it was realistic in the way they didn't have that "real talk" but a silent understanding instead. Nothing to add.

Huh? I even thanked one of your posts in it... I don't know really, maybe he isn't, but he seemed pretty RIP honestly. The only way he can really be relevant/refreshing in the future is for him to be a "Ghoul" now yeah. I liked Takasugi. Her nature was pretty obvious to me.
Well he might not be the most interesting character to look at, but it's exactly thanks to those first 60 chapters or so that his "change" becomes so impactful. His characterization is splendid and well-explained by his mother teaching him her "way of life" (which obviously was flawed), that's how he handled everything in life. Kaneki went through so much shit that all he wants is a happy life with his friends and refuses to actively harm others until Yamori breaks him. Another good example of his life before TG would be this, you should read it (don't worry, it's short): http://naruto-niichan.tumblr.com/post/101869860027/from-the-third-tokyo-ghoul-novel-sekijitsu-old

You mean like MacGuffin? True, it feels like he's very knowledgeable regarding writing techniques.

Well the last arc was just an all-out clash, what makes it so special is everything that's on the line and that the outcome is so different to what you would expect. Another example of Kaneki not being anywhere close to fighting the big bad guy like Hunter x Hunter, I was almost reminded of the Ant arc there. Though you could say Kaneki plays even less of a role here, he hardly achieved anything. You don't see it often that an author is willing to let his main character fail so hard, he's always sticked to this story being a "tragedy" since the first chap.

Maybe you did, I don't recall. Did you read about the mistranslations of the last TG (not Re) chapter?
Well Kaneki seemed pretty RIP too, and here he is fighting as Haise on the CCG's side. Considering how many parallels Ishida is making to the beginning of Tokyo Ghoul, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Amon who was tampered with this time and is a Ghoul now.
You did get that she's Eto/The One-eyed King I hope xD

---------- Post added November 24, 2014 at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was November 23, 2014 at 02:13 PM ----------

Come on dude, I know you love it :4head
 
Last edited:

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Only one?
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Well he might not be the most interesting character to look at, but it's exactly thanks to those first 60 chapters or so that his "change" becomes so impactful. His characterization is splendid and well-explained by his mother teaching him her "way of life" (which obviously was flawed), that's how he handled everything in life. Kaneki went through so much shit that all he wants is a happy life with his friends and refuses to actively harm others until Yamori breaks him. Another good example of his life before TG would be this, you should read it (don't worry, it's short): http://naruto-niichan.tumblr.com/post/101869860027/from-the-third-tokyo-ghoul-novel-sekijitsu-old

You mean like MacGuffin? True, it feels like he's very knowledgeable regarding writing techniques.

Well the last arc was just an all-out clash, what makes it so special is everything that's on the line and that the outcome is so different to what you would expect. Another example of Kaneki not being anywhere close to fighting the big bad guy like Hunter x Hunter, I was almost reminded of the Ant arc there. Though you could say Kaneki plays even less of a role here, he hardly achieved anything. You don't see it often that an author is willing to let his main character fail so hard, he's always sticked to this story being a "tragedy" since the first chap.

Maybe you did, I don't recall. Did you read about the mistranslations of the last TG (not Re) chapter?
Well Kaneki seemed pretty RIP too, and here he is fighting as Haise on the CCG's side. Considering how many parallels Ishida is making to the beginning of Tokyo Ghoul, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Amon who was tampered with this time and is a Ghoul now.
You did get that she's Eto/The One-eyed King I hope xD

---------- Post added November 24, 2014 at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was November 23, 2014 at 02:13 PM ----------

Come on dude, I know you love it :4head
Lately, I really don't love writing massive posts xD

Yeah of course it made it a bigger impact when he became white hair Kaneki. As for his mother's teachings, that would've been so much better if it was implemented earlier, but still good. His arc was overall very satisfying to me. I kind of appreciated his pre-60 more after the change and learning more, but I wonder how it was following him for over a year (from my perspective, since you obviously didn't mind), when he was less fun to read about. It's pretty obvious the manga wasn't that special until after his turn, judging by the hype and looking up pictures etc xD Seems like it exploded after his turn.

Yes exactly, and just overall his examples when speaking about books/storytelling in the manga. Kind of breaking of the four walls in the manga when it's completely natural.

Well pretty much agree with everything in that paragraph about the final arc. Nothing to add.

I didn't read about it? But I noticed there were some weird translation errors here and there. That goes for the entire :Re honestly, the group seems a bit bad at translating certain words. One example I remember well is "proof" when it should've been "prove". But that's just a word mistranslation when I'm sure you talk about wrong meanings etc, or flat out mistranslations of words into something else entirely.

I don't see how it's the same for Amon tbh. He was listed as "dead" after the arc. How would CCG list him as dead if they didn't retrieve his corpse or something? Or why would they turn him into a ghoul? Last I remember he was killed by the Tree. Not to mention his arc was pretty much complete to me. Kaneki wasn't done in the same way. It also depends in what shape or form Haise is Kaneki. Is Haise is just a "mindfucked" Kaneki then we'll lose the "CCG side main character" when he turns back to Kaneki. If Haise is a human who has been "implanted with Kaneki" and Kaneki bursts out of him or something, we'll still have the CCG main character in Haise, making Amon's return less useful to the story.

Yes I got it... Why else would I say her nature was obvious to me >.> Yeah I didn't catch the finger cracking immediately, but when you asked me Kaneki had done it like a couple of times or something xD Not like you asked me when the manga was over and he had done it 20 times. Not to mention we saw a facial of Takasugi/Eto after she reverted from her owl form. I pretty much understood she was a ghoul from the first moments she was introduced as a character (physically). I didn't understand she was Eto until she leaked the info to CCG however.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
God damn....:nunoamaze
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah Sky, stop being a dick! Cmon...:4head
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top