COME FOR A SCHWING: niichan nag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
you guys ...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wait, I have to buy the original WoW and then spend $50 on the expansion AND buy a subscription?...rly?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wait, I have to buy the original WoW and then spend $50 on the expansion AND buy a subscription?...rly?
Really, but the original game until the last expasion costs 15€, that's almost nothing. +50€ is quite something though, I agree.
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
S O R I C H B O Y S :pogchamp


On a serious note, I don't get the reason why they want you to pay a sub fee, is it for the server cost or something?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Really, but the original game until the last expasion costs 15€, that's almost nothing. +50€ is quite something though, I agree.
Pretty silly tbh. They always end up adding an expansion to the original game before the next one comes out. So why wouldn't they just add it into one product for the noobs and offer the expansion at a reduced price for everyone else?

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

S O R I C H B O Y S :pogchamp


On a serious note, I don't get the reason why they want you to pay a sub fee, is it for the server cost or something?
WoW got way too profitable prior to the microtransaction boom. I don't think anyone can deny that that is a way better way to run an online game, but it isn't like people stopped paying for their subscription so why would they stop?

Ideally they should make the game free to play, and then charge for expansions and other stuff.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Pretty silly tbh. They always end up adding an expansion to the original game before the next one comes out. So why wouldn't they just add it into one product for the noobs and offer the expansion at a reduced price for everyone else?
Because they want money, as easy as that :XD Heck I didn't buy the expansion yet either, want to see first how motivated I am and 12€ is hardly anything for me.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Because they want money, as easy as that :XD Heck I didn't buy the expansion yet either, want to see first how motivated I am and 12€ is hardly anything for me.
12 for what? The subscription? Well no, but it's a game you've played before at least. I'm not really sure how much I'd enjoy it, so paying almost $80 just to sate my curiosity...dunno about that one.

I'd bet they'd make just as much money with microtransactions as they do with subscriptions. Making it free would increase the playerbase as well. Just ask Riot or Valve how it's working out for them.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
It's an outdated business model. But yeah, as long as the veterans keep paying the sub fee they would keep doing that, I guess.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
You can play the trial version Gary. You can play to lvl 20 and see if you like it or not (though it really becomes more fun later when you get more skills etc). The downside is that you use a "trial account" so you won't be able to continue playing on that trial character if you decide to purchase the game. Then you'll get your real account and not have the trial character on it.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Btw what I'm seeing is €5, not 50... Are you sure you saw it correctly?



---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

5 bucks for the game + free month, wtf that deal is fucking broken... Am I noobing around or is that really it?

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

You obviously wouldn't buy the last expansion (which costs €45) unless you dig it towards lvl cap. It doesn't give you anything pre-90, except allowing you a free character boost to 90, which you shouldn't use as a complete noob IMO.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top