Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom

I've missed this show; used to love watching the guys goof around and just have fun. Hopefully the movie will be more of the same; the trailer looks promising. And Ronda Rousey :hurr
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Lars and the Real Girl :thumbs
Directed by: Craig Gillespie
Screenplay by: Nancy Oliver
Starring: Ryan Gosling, Emily Mortimer, Paul Schneider, Kelli Garner, Patricia Clarkson
Watch it if you like: 500 Days of Summer, Her

The movie deserves the Original Screenplay Oscar nomination. Great performance by Gosling. Kelli Garner looks like Hannah Murray (Gilly from Game of Thrones).

---------- Post added December 25, 2014 at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was December 24, 2014 at 04:57 PM ----------

Belle de Jour :no
Directed by: Luis Buñuel
Screenplay: Luis Buñuel, Jean-Claude Carrière
Starring: Catherine Deneuve, Jean Sorel, Michel Piccoli, Francisco Rabal

I'm really disappointed with this movie. I didn't see anything special about it.

That guy with broken teeth is so annoying. The surreal images are bad. I didn't see any character development from the titular character. There's so many one dimensional characters too. The acting is bad too, she's just poker face all throughout the movie. And there's a serious lack of emotion/emotional scenes. And it's too misogynistic.

I expected so much. And it doesn't hold up well I guess.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
The interview: a surprisingly good movie in my opinion. Even if james franco is having way too much fun overplaying, there are funny bits all over the movie. Some lines in the script are really good. The movie is starting strong too with the fake interview of Eminem
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Good Bye Lenin! :thumbs
Directed by: Wolfgang Becker
Screenplay by: Wolfgang Becker, Bernd Lichtenberg
Starring: Daniel Brühl, Katrin Saß, Chulpan Khamatova, Maria Simon, Alexander Beyer
Watch it if you like: Nebraska, Amélie

Great performance by Katrin Saß and Daniel Brühl. I like the Kubrick homages in the film.
 
Last edited:

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The interview: a surprisingly good movie in my opinion. Even if james franco is having way too much fun overplaying, there are funny bits all over the movie. Some lines in the script are really good. The movie is starting strong too with the fake interview of Eminem
it was so stupid! mediocre story! but I will admit some parts were pretty hilarious.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
it was so stupid! mediocre story! but I will admit some parts were pretty hilarious.
It's in the continuity of Pineapple Express and this is the end. So, smart isn't what comes to mind. There are very good moments and had a few good laugh. I didn't ask for more. It's Seth Rogen, not smart english comedy.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Saw The Book Thief and Labor Day recently; the latter of which I saw last night. The Book Thief is a wonderful tale of a familiar story during the Nazi regime and the characters are so loveable; especially the girl Liesel.

Labor Day had a really good cast and plot too; I found myself questioning the fate of the film's "villain" and the boy's sense of responsibility towards his mother.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
The interview: a surprisingly good movie in my opinion. Even if james franco is having way too much fun overplaying, there are funny bits all over the movie. Some lines in the script are really good. The movie is starting strong too with the fake interview of Eminem
Good is exaggerated imo, it surely had its funny scenes, like the interview you mentioned, or Franco´s jabs at journalism (a journalist´s first rule: give them what they want) or Kim Jong Un´s character but it also had the awkward and weird sex, dick and ass jokes Seth Rogen is infamous for.
All in all, no need to get worked up so much about this movie.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I saw Hunger games 3, and it was by far one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. 1 and 2 were cool but 3 was an absolute disappointment.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Good is exaggerated imo, it surely had its funny scenes, like the interview you mentioned, or Franco´s jabs at journalism (a journalist´s first rule: give them what they want) or Kim Jong Un´s character but it also had the awkward and weird sex, dick and ass jokes Seth Rogen is infamous for.
All in all, no need to get worked up so much about this movie.
Exactly!
 

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Out of curiosity (didn't read every page in this thread, sorry - ) who is the Winter Soldier?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I am still shocked by how overrated The Wolf of Wall Street is. It was good, but not great, and it was far too long.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I watched Fury (2014), and I have to say it was a great war movie--which is refreshing considering how rare it is these days.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
The guy who did this last year

[video=vimeo;80862133]http://vimeo.com/80862133[/video]

did one for 2014. Like last year, i do not agree with half of the list but it does not matter, it is beautifully made.

[video=vimeo;113355414]http://vimeo.com/113355414[/video]
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Magnolia :thumbs
Directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson
Screenplay by: Paul Thomas Anderson
Starring: Jeremy Blackman, Tom Cruise, Julianne Moore, Melinda Dillon, Philip Baker Hall, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ricky Jay, William H. Macy, Alfred Molina, John C. Reilly, Jason Robards, Melora Walters
Watch it if you like: Boogie Nights, American Beauty
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
For those who love time travel, time paradox,... Predestination, must see
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,851
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looking back, oddly, the favorite movie I saw this year was John Wick and I don't think it was particularly close.

​

It's funny because when I went to see it I really wasn't expecting much. I mean, it's an action movie starring Keanu Reeves how good could it possible be? But it turned out to be, IMO, the best action movie I've seen in a very long time. It's wasn't a complicated movie. You can probably guess the whole plot just from the trailer but it's the way it's done that made it one of the best theater experiences I've had. It's just a simple fast paced action movie that is done extremely well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
For those who love time travel, time paradox,... Predestination, must see
Loved that movie, unfortunately pretty underrated or rather underseen

Looking back, oddly, the favorite movie I saw this year was John Wick and I don't think it was particularly close.

​

It's funny because when I went to see it I really wasn't expecting much. I mean, it's an action movie starring Keanu Reeves how good could it possible be? But it turned out to be, IMO, the best action movie I've seen in a very long time. It's wasn't a complicated movie. You can probably guess the whole plot just from the trailer but it's the way it's done that made it one of the best theater experiences I've had. It's just a simple fast paced action movie that is done extremely well.
The action was really good, no disagreement there (though most of the best scenes were already in the trailer or teasers) but everything else was a joke.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,245
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Rushmore :thumbs
Directed by: Wes Anderson
Screenplay by: Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson
Starring: Jason Schwartzman, Olivia Williams, Bill Murray
Watch it if you like: Groundhog Day, A Serious Man
 
Last edited:

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I can't stand wes anderson. Anything he does have the effect of a sleeping pill on me.
 
Top