I honestly don't think Sorachi would troll us with Shigeshige's death again. This was done too nicely as well. Rather unexpected I must say. Was surprised at how easily he was written off... I don't know what it will really mean for the story as his power was essentially zero, apart from having loyal friends. Maybe the same friends will help his sister take up the mantle? I was kind of worried for Takasugi at first due to the title of the chapter.
Nah obviously not, but yeah I wonder who exactly will "change" the system now? His sister might be an option, but she's still too young. Kinda sad, apart from Okita etc. basically all the "good" government guys are gone now. Have to say Shigeshige's death still was pretty troll (and even more sad) considering what Gintoki and all the others went through to protect him.... In any case, looking forward to how the story will develop from here on.
---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------
Went to both Highmaul wings today.... boring and easy... and 6 bosses without a single item for me....
Yeah, LFR ofc. Still haven't joined a guild, and I'm not really interested either. Prolly going to drop WoW soon, I think I've seen most of what I wanted to see.
Yeah, LFR ofc. Still haven't joined a guild, and I'm not really interested either. Prolly going to drop WoW soon, I think I've seen most of what I wanted to see.
So you're okay with just sitting around until 85 for LFR? I've still never raided
Wow, only a month or two playing it? Well I guess it's a way to save money. I'll probably stick with it for a while longer since it's all new to me.
What did you use your boost on? I'm thinking of just boosting a Worgen Druid since I leveled one into the 70s on NA and at least know how to play it. Only issue is that it isn't that different from my Monk, so I sort of wonder about the point of doing it.
So you're okay with just sitting around until 85 for LFR? I've still never raided
Wow, only a month or two playing it? Well I guess it's a way to save money. I'll probably stick with it for a while longer since it's all new to me.
What did you use your boost on? I'm thinking of just boosting a Worgen Druid since I leveled one into the 70s on NA and at least know how to play it. Only issue is that it isn't that different from my Monk, so I sort of wonder about the point of doing it.
What's the point in raiding before 90? You can basically solo every raid. Well not sure about Pandaria raids but everything before that should be easily done alone, so you won't see how a "real" raid is done.
Well it's 2 months, I will prolly keep playing a bit here and there until the 25th (that's when my subscription runs out) but right now I can't find much appeal in what's left. Raising my ilvl, going to the same dungeons and raids again and again and doing some shit in my garrison. The garrison actually is a LOT of fun, you will see, but there's simply not enough left for me to be willing to continue playing, just not worth the time and money. Might be different for you because everything's new, but not to me. Right now I'm having some fun with soloing some old raids I've never seen before, just to get an impression on what I missed in the past.
I didn't use my boost, as you know I leveled from 1 to 100 and had fun doing that (besides BC content....). You don't need to use a class you know about though, there are some introductory quests if you use the boost, to teach you the basics of the class etc.
---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------
What's the point in raiding before 90? You can basically solo every raid. Well not sure about Pandaria raids but everything before that should be easily done alone, so you won't see how a "real" raid is done.
Well it's 2 months, I will prolly keep playing a bit here and there until the 25th (that's when my subscription runs out) but right now I can't find much appeal in what's left. Raising my ilvl, going to the same dungeons and raids again and again and doing some shit in my garrison. The garrison actually is a LOT of fun, you will see, but there's simply not enough left for me to be willing to continue playing, just not worth the time and money. Might be different for you because everything's new, but not to me. Right now I'm having some fun with soloing some old raids I've never seen before, just to get an impression on what I missed in the past.
I didn't use my boost, as you know I leveled from 1 to 100 and had fun doing that (besides BC content....). You don't need to use a class you know about though, there are some introductory quests if you use the boost, to teach you the basics of the class etc.
Ugh what...? It's low lvl content, so you can solo everything. Why would 20 people join you if one person is enough to easily clear the whole thing? Such refreshing noobness
Makes sense I guess, but in my opinion you don't really need it. Yeah you won't own with your class at first, but you have 10 lvls to learn and you will improve anyway, you don't need to lvl from 1 to 90 for that.
Nah obviously not, but yeah I wonder who exactly will "change" the system now? His sister might be an option, but she's still too young. Kinda sad, apart from Okita etc. basically all the "good" government guys are gone now. Have to say Shigeshige's death still was pretty troll (and even more sad) considering what Gintoki and all the others went through to protect him.... In any case, looking forward to how the story will develop from here on.
Went to both Highmaul wings today.... boring and easy... and 6 bosses without a single item for me....
Not sure if I'd say it's troll, I guess you could, but troll usually to me means you feel "cheated", it's bad/absurd/stupid/hilarious blabla etc etc. I mean in most contexts it is, and surely it is within being "troll", but to me this was pretty damn fine drama writing. I felt like this was Sorachi keeping it real. I like that a series is unpredictable like that, that something CAN be rendered sort of "useless" after a lot of invested time.
So you're okay with just sitting around until 85 for LFR? I've still never raided
Wow, only a month or two playing it? Well I guess it's a way to save money. I'll probably stick with it for a while longer since it's all new to me.
What did you use your boost on? I'm thinking of just boosting a Worgen Druid since I leveled one into the 70s on NA and at least know how to play it. Only issue is that it isn't that different from my Monk, so I sort of wonder about the point of doing it.
God you don't raid before max lvl you scrub, stop being a noob
There's nothing to "LFR" at 85. No one does that. You won't find groups doing that unless you find some niche people that are into doing old shit on "low lvl" characters. Like niichan said you can solo most raids now with enough lvls so there's literally no point bringing friends into old ones etc. I mean it's more fun ofc, but so a guild could be helpful like that. But you have a rather romantic thinking about a guild. If you join random guilds it's just "mass recruitment" guilds that suck balls and for the most part no one talks in and knows people. They're just there for the few small benefits. You could ask in the guild "any1 wanna do X raid?" ofc, but chances are low someone will bother. Sadly enough.
Well I can get his logic if he's not interested in lvling more chars. To me it's often fun to lvl more chars. I also want to lvl 90-100 at least one more time. I find the gearing up pretty fun tbh at max lvl too. But I feel "done" with dungeons on my rogue too. I'm just gonna do raids a bit more on him and see what happens.
IDK dude, both monk and druid have 3 role options... You can basically do everything with both of them alone, so in that sense whether you boost a druid, or a priest, you can heal with both. Similarly you can boost a shaman, and you can dps with both the monk and shaman. Feel wise they are very different any case. But if you're looking for a more "unique role" it's not much to think about.
What's the point in raiding before 90? You can basically solo every raid. Well not sure about Pandaria raids but everything before that should be easily done alone, so you won't see how a "real" raid is done.
Well it's 2 months, I will prolly keep playing a bit here and there until the 25th (that's when my subscription runs out) but right now I can't find much appeal in what's left. Raising my ilvl, going to the same dungeons and raids again and again and doing some shit in my garrison. The garrison actually is a LOT of fun, you will see, but there's simply not enough left for me to be willing to continue playing, just not worth the time and money. Might be different for you because everything's new, but not to me. Right now I'm having some fun with soloing some old raids I've never seen before, just to get an impression on what I missed in the past.
I didn't use my boost, as you know I leveled from 1 to 100 and had fun doing that (besides BC content....). You don't need to use a class you know about though, there are some introductory quests if you use the boost, to teach you the basics of the class etc.
Yeah, depends on the difficulty of course. I was actually able to die on Arthas 25man, but that's because of the boss mechanic and not the dmg. I don't know how easy it is to do CATA raids in HC, but it's probably OK. I still haven't done Firelands so I'm looking forward to that.
Did you do Icecrown Citadel yet? IMO it's a pretty amazing raid. I never did it when I was the appropriate lvl though. I did Naxx as 80, but obviously I had experienced it before, except from the last bosses which I got to experience then. Afterwards I quit so I didn't experience other big raids in WOTLK as 80, only at 85 on transmog runs, when it was still sort of hard and you needed a decent party to do them. Mostly did them with friends. For the most part I find TBC raids rather meh. Look wise Black Temple is garbage to me, and the atmosphere isn't any special either. I think Karazhan was pretty cool though. It's also the only raid I put my foot in as 70.
Meh, I can't imagine those quests being that great. You spend a LONG time getting used to the depth of the class' mechanics. Some petty quests at lvl 90 can't possibly even come close. Such a shitty concept IMO, but there's no way around it apart from lvling from scratch which sucks.
---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------
@niichan: Forgot to comment about LFR. The whole concept of LFR is shitty to begin with, and exists to offer casuals the same experience as more dedicated players, which kind of sucks. It's kind of trollish to say Highmaul etc sucks though since we know nothing about it tbh. LFR has like 10% of the total mechanics the raid should have, if even that. If the bosses are amazing to battle then the raid is a decent one in my book. I'll agree the concept can be somewhat unfairly reduced to being shit and "just another filler raid with ogres and shit", which we half joked about. It's kind of true, but at the same time from what I've read and heard the raid sounds amazing in its true form. Kind of get that they don't burn off the most amazing raid ideas on the first raid launch and save them for next rounds. I mean we're bound to get amazing raids with Gul'Dan, Grommash etc. There's big rumors about Burning Legion things being mixed in too.
I got a couple items on my first run, but it was indeed really dull. I really hate how Blizz allows for such laziness, no guild shit etc and just go with randoms and do shit. What I'll start doing though is use "Group Finder" to find flex raids in normal mode. That way I can do normal mode raids without commiting to a guild. That sounds like a much better idea than sticking to LFR which is a brainless alternative.
To me LFR is a huge mistake in its current form. It worked fine in its introduction (Deathwing raid) as a "hey guys, we'll let everyone experience the climax", but to offer it straight off for everyone is just bad for the first raids. It makes it easy to be lazy (and quit) like you are thinking about, and probably millions of others. The game is kind of too casualized in a sense. Not to mention LFR butcher the raiding experience to zombie lvl. It's a pretty big problem when the raid is not fun, way too easy, and you stop caring about getting LFR lvl gear to up your ilvl like you and many others do. It butchers the game. The thing about Deathwing was that the raid was ACTUALLY legit and had more mechanics in tact. Wiping was a very real possibility on all bosses and on Deathwing it was easy to wipe honestly. LFR felt like a decent challenge for softcore players and had very rewarding loot then since it was "end game raid of the xpansion". Now it's so bad, I heard it was hard in Pandaria too but in WoD they've mad the LFR raids much easier and all mechanics are pretty much removed. And when the xpac is in its beginning the loot is kind of "pointless" comparing to "end game Deathwing" etc.
Ugh what...? It's low lvl content, so you can solo everything. Why would 20 people join you if one person is enough to easily clear the whole thing? Such refreshing noobness
Makes sense I guess, but in my opinion you don't really need it. Yeah you won't own with your class at first, but you have 10 lvls to learn and you will improve anyway, you don't need to lvl from 1 to 90 for that.
God you don't raid before max lvl you scrub, stop being a noob
There's nothing to "LFR" at 85. No one does that. You won't find groups doing that unless you find some niche people that are into doing old shit on "low lvl" characters. Like niichan said you can solo most raids now with enough lvls so there's literally no point bringing friends into old ones etc. I mean it's more fun ofc, but so a guild could be helpful like that. But you have a rather romantic thinking about a guild. If you join random guilds it's just "mass recruitment" guilds that suck balls and for the most part no one talks in and knows people. They're just there for the few small benefits. You could ask in the guild "any1 wanna do X raid?" ofc, but chances are low someone will bother. Sadly enough.
Well I can get his logic if he's not interested in lvling more chars. To me it's often fun to lvl more chars. I also want to lvl 90-100 at least one more time. I find the gearing up pretty fun tbh at max lvl too. But I feel "done" with dungeons on my rogue too. I'm just gonna do raids a bit more on him and see what happens.
IDK dude, both monk and druid have 3 role options... You can basically do everything with both of them alone, so in that sense whether you boost a druid, or a priest, you can heal with both. Similarly you can boost a shaman, and you can dps with both the monk and shaman. Feel wise they are very different any case. But if you're looking for a more "unique role" it's not much to think about.
Idk, I thought it'd be nice to get the BEST gear at a certain level, even though you might easily level to new content and get better stuff. I guess not everyone cares about transmog stuff.
Maybe a romanticized view of it, but I'm still noob so WTV MAN!
I like Worgen a lot, but I also find Windwalker Monk more "cool" than Feral Druid. Your gear is cooler, you're less boring looking, etc. I also think the class is more fun. But I'm pretty attached to my first character, so it only makes sense to boost something identical to what I had played and had experience playing. And yeah, both classes can fill all roles, but it'd feel weird to boost something I had no clue about, regardless of the skill quests you get after doing it.
Not sure if I'd say it's troll, I guess you could, but troll usually to me means you feel "cheated", it's bad/absurd/stupid/hilarious blabla etc etc. I mean in most contexts it is, and surely it is within being "troll", but to me this was pretty damn fine drama writing. I felt like this was Sorachi keeping it real. I like that a series is unpredictable like that, that something CAN be rendered sort of "useless" after a lot of invested time.
Yeah, depends on the difficulty of course. I was actually able to die on Arthas 25man, but that's because of the boss mechanic and not the dmg. I don't know how easy it is to do CATA raids in HC, but it's probably OK. I still haven't done Firelands so I'm looking forward to that.
Did you do Icecrown Citadel yet? IMO it's a pretty amazing raid. I never did it when I was the appropriate lvl though. I did Naxx as 80, but obviously I had experienced it before, except from the last bosses which I got to experience then. Afterwards I quit so I didn't experience other big raids in WOTLK as 80, only at 85 on transmog runs, when it was still sort of hard and you needed a decent party to do them. Mostly did them with friends. For the most part I find TBC raids rather meh. Look wise Black Temple is garbage to me, and the atmosphere isn't any special either. I think Karazhan was pretty cool though. It's also the only raid I put my foot in as 70.
@niichan: Forgot to comment about LFR. The whole concept of LFR is shitty to begin with, and exists to offer casuals the same experience as more dedicated players, which kind of sucks. It's kind of trollish to say Highmaul etc sucks though since we know nothing about it tbh. LFR has like 10% of the total mechanics the raid should have, if even that. If the bosses are amazing to battle then the raid is a decent one in my book. I'll agree the concept can be somewhat unfairly reduced to being shit and "just another filler raid with ogres and shit", which we half joked about. It's kind of true, but at the same time from what I've read and heard the raid sounds amazing in its true form. Kind of get that they don't burn off the most amazing raid ideas on the first raid launch and save them for next rounds. I mean we're bound to get amazing raids with Gul'Dan, Grommash etc. There's big rumors about Burning Legion things being mixed in too.
I got a couple items on my first run, but it was indeed really dull. I really hate how Blizz allows for such laziness, no guild shit etc and just go with randoms and do shit. What I'll start doing though is use "Group Finder" to find flex raids in normal mode. That way I can do normal mode raids without commiting to a guild. That sounds like a much better idea than sticking to LFR which is a brainless alternative.
To me LFR is a huge mistake in its current form. It worked fine in its introduction (Deathwing raid) as a "hey guys, we'll let everyone experience the climax", but to offer it straight off for everyone is just bad for the first raids. It makes it easy to be lazy (and quit) like you are thinking about, and probably millions of others. The game is kind of too casualized in a sense. Not to mention LFR butcher the raiding experience to zombie lvl. It's a pretty big problem when the raid is not fun, way too easy, and you stop caring about getting LFR lvl gear to up your ilvl like you and many others do. It butchers the game. The thing about Deathwing was that the raid was ACTUALLY legit and had more mechanics in tact. Wiping was a very real possibility on all bosses and on Deathwing it was easy to wipe honestly. LFR felt like a decent challenge for softcore players and had very rewarding loot then since it was "end game raid of the xpansion". Now it's so bad, I heard it was hard in Pandaria too but in WoD they've mad the LFR raids much easier and all mechanics are pretty much removed. And when the xpac is in its beginning the loot is kind of "pointless" comparing to "end game Deathwing" etc.
God this tl;dr, I should stop talking about WoW to get some oneliners...
Agreed on Gintama. I didn't mean "troll" in a bad way here, but you can't deny that Gintoki etc. kind of got trolled here
Well I used my time to basically visit each Raid I haven't seen, up to Pandaria (where I only plan to check out the battle for Orgrimmar). Heroic isn't really that hard, even for Cata. Some boss mechanics just make it pretty hard, especially if you know nothing. I got the most trouble with Yogg'Saron, by far XD Which is only Lichking content, but if you know nothing it's just impossible with all the tentacles and additional sanity to look out for, not to mention the insta kill you get if his brain manages to cast the loosing all sanity spell - which leads you to dying instantly. Same for the first Ulduar boss, where you actually have to use the vehicles because that huge thing simply is unbeatable without them. So in that sense Ulduar was actually the hardest but pretty fun, lots of interesting mechanics there where you can't simply kill the boss with a few hits.
Well besides Dragonsoul I guess, because being on Deathwing's back solo is quite hardcore too (again, because of some insta death mechanic).
Icecrown Cital was really nice overall though, yeah. I think all the endgame raids are pretty fun, for every expansion (can't judge Pandaria yet). Only thing I was really disappointed with was the conclusion of the Lichking fight.... no Jaina there? No Muradin? No Sylvanas? Instead some fucking random guy introduced in WoW who gets frozen on the spot? Really, massive disappointment. I mean this has been the main thing, and Arthas has had so many connections to different people, heck they could've even used the Orc connection because the Lichking is a former orc, and they decide to use absolutely freaking none of that during the conclusion. The thing with his father wasn't bad, but the whole thing felt way too short and anticlimatic. I repeat it again, I expected way more storytelling-wise, it sucked.
Raids for BC are rather meh, I agree, but the last one, Sunwell, was pretty nice I think. The battle against Kil'jeaden felt pretty epic, I can imagine how peebs driving him back back then must've felt Considering it's so old, I thought Sunwell was really well done overall. Obviously can't compare to Cata, where the endfight against Deathwing is certainly the most well done I've seen so far. Really epic scenario and multiple short videos, now that is how I would've wanted the thing against Arthas to be. Even if the conclusion was rather weak as well it had some impact, at least.
For BC I think I only did Karazhan too (which was cool) back then, in Lichking I actually went to quite a few, basically only missed Ulduar and Citadel. Checked out Firelands too btw, which is a pretty cool raid too, but I laughed when I saw Ragnaros horns lulz
Well I don't doubt that the mechanics are better if you go inside with a guild etc instead of LFR, but Ogre's are just... shit, really. I mean think back, in Vanilla you had MC, for BC it was Karazhan, Lichking had Naxxramas and stuff like Malygos, Cata had Blackwing Descent... okay forget Pandaria lulz but everything else had really meaningful and somewhat epic stuff right from the beginning and now we get this oger shit. I don't doubt that we will get epic stuff later, like Gul'Dan and Grommash, but this is such a lackluster and even somewhat filler raid to me.
Otherwise I agree on the LFR thing.
I can say I 100% agree on the Arthas video. I can see how they wanted to make this new "Alliance hero" with Tirion. Bolvar was basically the "King" while the actual one was MIA up until Cataclysm. In that sense I found it cool. I actually like Tirion's development. I think that's one of the better parts of WoW single-character storytelling of a "hero's campaign", but I fully agree there needed to be mroe Jaina stuff etc. I mean they all stand at the bottom of the instance, when you enter the raid portal. But they don't progress with you. They should've been involved in the fight, if even to just get frozen in place like Tirion was. They could've remained frozen until he was defeated while everything else stayed the same... They should've of course been in the video. I mean ffs Jaina basically still loves Arthas and she wasn't in the raid. What puzzles me is that in the actual 5man instances that also came with ICC (three I believe, which look cool but I never did), you have Jaina lead/follow you around in the instance. It's super cool, it's where you find out there always has to be a Lich King, and Arthas crashes the party and chases Jaina off and shit. That was pretty epic IMO. There needed to be more of that in the raid... I mean I get what you mean, Arthas should've been involved more in the raid. Appeared a bit. Talked around. Sylvanas, Jaina etc should've progressed with you up in the raid and "told the story". Instead we get nothing. Really shitty which I'm sure Blizzard knows now.
Yeah I've done Ulduar in the past, but I never did the last boss since we didn't quite manage to do him with my small group of friends. Transmog runs were still hard back then and we were only 15 lvls over, so we could easily die. The boss simply had too hard mechanics to pull off with so few. The other runs I did with bigger random groups never got to him etc. The first boss blows IMO, such a cockblock for doing the raid since it takes so long and is boring as hell. Other than that the raid is amazing I agree. Never did Sunwell, I guess I'm going there. All I know is that Hyjal sucks balls. Done it a few times and I won't ever again. I only did the last raid in Cata since I joined the xpac so late, the other raids were irrelevant at the time, but I should check them out. I know almost nothing of Pandaria ones. I did one LFR and that was it back then.
Well I wonder how it is for Rogue since the only healing I got is my leeching poison and combo point finisher healing thingy xD Didn't have to heal in WOTLK, but I didn't play HC raids there yet, and HC in Cata is a big step up. I only did progress raiding in Vanilla where I did it hardcore, so it's fun to see what others struggled with honestly. But now you kind of lose the feeling of it since you do so much absurd dmg... Transmog runs were actually fun IMO, making a group of 10 and doing ICC HC etc during Cata. It was actually hard enough for you to appreciate how much people struggled. I remember doing Lich King and wiping with a 10-15 man group, 15 lvls over the content's level and with gear and stats obviously insanely above the WOTLK standards, and I was like "holy shit this must've been so fucking hardcore!! We're struggling with granted fewer ppl, but we're so much stronger too and we're still dying even though we're kind of yolo'ing it. We spend forever killing him, look at how much HP he has... Imagine how long they had to fight flawlessly xD" Which is so true. I remember fights in even Vanilla got absurdly long towards the end. Kel'Thuzad lasted like 30 minutes for a full kill, which is simply insane. Wipe at 10% and you just wasted almost an hour. Over and over and over again. So cool xD
---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------
What you think about that mate? Replied in 18 minutes with a wall myself. Must be some kind of record
---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------
I was originally just going to write "I basically agree with everything you said about ICC/Arthas. X,Y,Z needed to be involved and it sucked they weren't involved more. But I liked Tirion as a character." And then the wall spawned!