FeelsBadMan Zone

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

The left entrance is for the 20 man raid. In Vanilla you had two 20 man raids. Zul'Gurub and AQ20. ZG you did as a "build up/complementary" bonus raid besides Molten Core. Typically guilds with good enough gear to do Blackwing Lair (raid tier after MC) wouldn't need to bother more with ZG. ZG was a real "noob" raid. AQ20 was always pretty useless. You didn't get much good gear there at all. I honestly never saw the point to doing it. It was a pretty shitty raid too.
You mean right? Or was that changed as well? Right entrance is the Temple on live.

or is the Temple actually AQ40? :XD It's kind of hard to tell these days since you can just solo both
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

You mean right? Or was that changed as well? Right entrance is the Temple on live.

or is the Temple actually AQ40? :XD It's kind of hard to tell these days since you can just solo both
Temple is 40 ^^ So no I mean left.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

IIRC the 20 man raid is called Ruins of AQ.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Fucking Hypelord Nuno :4head ....:residentsleeper

I've only been playing with the noobs since they're still all hyped about the game. I'll get to placements eventually, once I figure out what's strong/what I want to play.
uh what? xD

Any idea what role you would focus on? I don't think it's too necessary to ponder too long. I told Nick the same today, that placements are kind of whatever. You'll have to be really bad or unlucky to end somewhere far away from where you should. I kind of yolo'd my placements out of the blue when I was in pretty "bad league shape", played champs I suck on (like leblanc) and even fist time Rek'Sai. You don't need many games to get your game sense and mechanics back any way. If you're playing with the noobs then your mechanics are probably in a decent spot.

My general tip lately is that Irelia carries super hard. Like, pretty extreme. I know you were decent on her so that's a champ I'd focus on if I were you perhaps. She's often banned in my games but maybe she's less banned for you. But honestly anything can work like you know. I kind of just played whatever in my placements. I only found out later/during placements that I carry super hard on J4 and have great success on him, so I started to "main" jungle. My only problem is I still suck on Rek'Sai since I have only played him a couple times in normals after the ranked game, and I'm not bothering with Lee, so my pool is basically limited to J4/Vi in normal situations. A pretty big trend I've picked up is that people don't tend to go tank in top lane lately. There's a lot of yolo'ing and ap tops like in LCS, so I'm often forced to go tank Vi which is just boring as fk honestly. J4 isn't as boring as tank but yeah.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

uh what? xD

Any idea what role you would focus on? I don't think it's too necessary to ponder too long. I told Nick the same today, that placements are kind of whatever. You'll have to be really bad or unlucky to end somewhere far away from where you should. I kind of yolo'd my placements out of the blue when I was in pretty "bad league shape", played champs I suck on (like leblanc) and even fist time Rek'Sai. You don't need many games to get your game sense and mechanics back any way. If you're playing with the noobs then your mechanics are probably in a decent spot.

My general tip lately is that Irelia carries super hard. Like, pretty extreme. I know you were decent on her so that's a champ I'd focus on if I were you perhaps. She's often banned in my games but maybe she's less banned for you. But honestly anything can work like you know. I kind of just played whatever in my placements. I only found out later/during placements that I carry super hard on J4 and have great success on him, so I started to "main" jungle. My only problem is I still suck on Rek'Sai since I have only played him a couple times in normals after the ranked game, and I'm not bothering with Lee, so my pool is basically limited to J4/Vi in normal situations. A pretty big trend I've picked up is that people don't tend to go tank in top lane lately. There's a lot of yolo'ing and ap tops like in LCS, so I'm often forced to go tank Vi which is just boring as fk honestly. J4 isn't as boring as tank but yeah.
lol, just the constant "wrong server :residentsleeper" got me to move and then you QUIT ALREADY. H Y P E B O Y S :4head

Not any different than what I played before I guess. Been having some good normals, but not sure if it was just against noobs or what. These are my third placements, so I don't really care that much about the actual matches, but if I get an urge to play, it's usually with someone else just to make it more fun. That and WoW taking time out of playing much as well.

Irelia was strong last season, just more to the end of the season so I didn't play her that much (think I was 5-5 on her or something). I have notice that she's a good pick against Gnar from the looks of it. I always get the feeling that I want to find the champ that is secret OP, so it isn't her. Right now I think it might be Hecarim in certain matchups. Had a monster game on him last night. I'm about 150 IP off from getting Reksai. She looks like she's a strong toplaner as well. I also like J4 Top a lot.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

wat, you can still do AQ40 =o I assume you mean you can now see a "void" AQ40 if you fly over it, since it's physically there with graphics now. It was before too but you had to glitch over the walls (which I did before it was released, and looked differently ^^)
ah you can? Well I haven't been there for years, so I assumed they closed that part because it's visible on the map (yes yes, you already mentioned that two or three times.... :residentsleeper)


Now go and answer the other posts you lazy fool!

What? They didn't only drop reagents, trash would drop decent gear as well. But I'm not just talking about reagents, trash doesn't even drop gold in Highmaul. I can see why the loot system was changed. When you have a large Raid group it would suck to compete with all of the dps type for gear. But I think that drop percentages should have been changed to compensate or something.

I know that geography changed, but just to prove my point, they did nothing to Elwynn Forrest as far as I know, and that's one of the oldest, if not the oldest zone in the game. Not saying there are a lot of zones like that, but these updates don't actually improve the look of anything by much. I'm not saying they weren't unchanged, I'm saying they look 10 years old. It's obvious that as you get to Wrath and Cata, the look of stuff is way improved.

Uh no idea about Silithus. Not sure what you mean by void zone honestly. It is it's own zone on the map, but you still get to it through Silithus. It just has two instance entrances for AQ and the Temple. The AQ40 map is just slightly different or something when you're in the instance. It's actually the same type of thing as Highmaul.
Wow look at this WoW expert :4head Yeah they used to drop good gear too.
Tbh I just find it pretty stupid that you have the chance to get absolutely nothing during a run. Sure you would need to compete with others DPS, but it's already reduced by what they can wear or others having better/same gear already. Ofc luck is always involved, but I dislike this new system. Makes it so boring and random.

Maybe. The starting zones were already "redone" a bunch of times in the past before Cata, so they prolly didn't change much. Not sure how you would get this "one of the oldest zone"? :lmao Most of Azeroth and Kalimdor were there since the beginning, or are you just making assumption here regarding which zones were developed first? xD
Ugh I dunno if I agree, the look really never changed too much in my eyes. Later zones have a better design and some cool additions here and there, but they don't really look "new" either, the graphic engine is just so old by now that it all looks rather old, even though they obviously managed to make it look a bit better (just no really big difference graphic-wise in my eyes). Not like graphics ever mattered much to me in WoW, so I never payed close attention anyway.

My point was that you brought up "Isn't that in AQ?" when I said Silithus used to have a raid. Back then AQ wasn't on the map, the entrances were in Silithus and thus it originally belonged to that zone. It's one of the few examples where I think they changed near to nothing, besides basically giving AQ it's own "zone", which is more of a technicality.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

What other posts? They drowned in your spam.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

There was no spam! :gwah

I've seen most of the arcs dude xD IIRC the only ones I haven't seen are Okita's sister and Hard Boiled + another one or two I don't remember. Only heard good things about Okita's sister, but I already got spoiled hard, so....

Guess I should, but I'm watching too much else lol. And I've started reading Fairy Tail in case you didn't notice, haha. Which reminds me I still strongly recommend Death Parade, the show's been awesome so far.

How about a Gintama section Nuno? :4head
Just quoted my own post dude, guess you missed it because half of that post was an answer to Gary :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

but there is nothing to comment on there.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

:4head

But honestly there's nothing for me to comment on there. One was an obvious troll sentence and I already said you should watch those arcs and that they're great. I don't actually remember the Okita's sister arc though, hmm...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

No comment about me reading FT now? :4head

Are you even watching any anime atm, btw? :XD

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

But honestly there's nothing for me to comment on there. One was an obvious troll sentence and I already said you should watch those arcs and that they're great. I don't actually remember the Okita's sister arc though, hmm...
You don't? I saw many people who commented about it, and how sad it is bla bla xD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah don't remember it on top of my head.

Well, I wouldn't start reading it now honestly. The only reason I read it is because I have for years, kind of like Bleach. Not sure why you bother but xD

I'm supposed to watch DRRR but been slow :4head
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Wow look at this WoW expert :4head Yeah they used to drop good gear too.
Tbh I just find it pretty stupid that you have the chance to get absolutely nothing during a run. Sure you would need to compete with others DPS, but it's already reduced by what they can wear or others having better/same gear already. Ofc luck is always involved, but I dislike this new system. Makes it so boring and random.

Maybe. The starting zones were already "redone" a bunch of times in the past before Cata, so they prolly didn't change much. Not sure how you would get this "one of the oldest zone"? :lmao Most of Azeroth and Kalimdor were there since the beginning, or are you just making assumption here regarding which zones were developed first? xD
Ugh I dunno if I agree, the look really never changed too much in my eyes. Later zones have a better design and some cool additions here and there, but they don't really look "new" either, the graphic engine is just so old by now that it all looks rather old, even though they obviously managed to make it look a bit better (just no really big difference graphic-wise in my eyes). Not like graphics ever mattered much to me in WoW, so I never payed close attention anyway.

My point was that you brought up "Isn't that in AQ?" when I said Silithus used to have a raid. Back then AQ wasn't on the map, the entrances were in Silithus and thus it originally belonged to that zone. It's one of the few examples where I think they changed near to nothing, besides basically giving AQ it's own "zone", which is more of a technicality.
:residentsleeper

Yeah well, I've seen you can't really assume people are always going to put in Greed unless it's a guild raid or something. I definitely don't like it either, but knowing that the loot you can get is tuned to your spec doesn't make it too bad, so I don't mind it for Raids. I think it's fucking dumb in Dungeons, but they don't really matter when you're 100.

Because I've seen it said a million times that the Stormwind area was the first zone worked on. Changing something so it actually looks like a fountain doesn't really mean the area looks newer... And well, sure there's a ceiling with the engine, but later zones look A LOT better IMO.

Yeah I know, the only difference with Silithus from Vanilla to now is they actually added quests. But a bunch of NPCs still don't have loot tables supposedly. Aside from the map thing (which I still don't see the point of), it's supposedly one of the most untouched areas in the game. They did nothing to it in Cata iirc.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

There were quests for AGES in vanilla in Silithus. I doubt it lasted more than half of Vanilla (the no quest Silithus situation).

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Yup old vanilla zones just look the same. I mean Elwynn Forest = pure green everywhere. Westfall is all yellow, only variation is the coast line. Duskwood is all gloomy. There's no variation in most of them. Some were done better with CATA rewamp, but most still suck VISUALLY compared to newer zones. New zones tend to never look the "same". You feel like every area in the zone is different, so it's more of an adventure.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah don't remember it on top of my head.

Well, I wouldn't start reading it now honestly. The only reason I read it is because I have for years, kind of like Bleach. Not sure why you bother but xD

I'm supposed to watch DRRR but been slow :4head
Not a true Gintama fan :4head

I was just in the mood for a simple action/adventure manga, more or less mindlless entertainment. It's been pretty fun so far actually, if you ignore all the asspulls and often really weird powerlevels.

Oh wow, you haven't seen the new Izaya yet? Haha :kappa

:residentsleeper

Yeah well, I've seen you can't really assume people are always going to put in Greed unless it's a guild raid or something. I definitely don't like it either, but knowing that the loot you can get is tuned to your spec doesn't make it too bad, so I don't mind it for Raids. I think it's fucking dumb in Dungeons, but they don't really matter when you're 100.

Because I've seen it said a million times that the Stormwind area was the first zone worked on. Changing something so it actually looks like a fountain doesn't really mean the area looks newer... And well, sure there's a ceiling with the engine, but later zones look A LOT better IMO.

Yeah I know, the only difference with Silithus from Vanilla to now is they actually added quests. But a bunch of NPCs still don't have loot tables supposedly. Aside from the map thing (which I still don't see the point of), it's supposedly one of the most untouched areas in the game. They did nothing to it in Cata iirc.
Did you read through a WoW wiki or where is all that knowledge coming from? xD

My point is that you and Nuno seem so hung up on design. Yeah sure an underground zone with lots of different regions looks better/more appealing than Westfall or or Elwynn with mainly yellow/green but graphic-wise there isn't a huge difference. It's all the design, a desert won't look much better even if you up the graphic a little bit, so it's probably not noticeable if you don't compare the old and new version directly. Sure regarding the design newer regions look a lot better or more interesting, but that's mainly because it offers a lot of variety.

Yeah, regarding Silithus it's just like Nuno said. Nothing changed during Cataclysm, but then again Silithus was very closely connected to the whole AQ story, so I guess they just stopped caring once that became irrelevant.

There were quests for AGES in vanilla in Silithus. I doubt it lasted more than half of Vanilla (the no quest Silithus situation).

Yup old vanilla zones just look the same. I mean Elwynn Forest = pure green everywhere. Westfall is all yellow, only variation is the coast line. Duskwood is all gloomy. There's no variation in most of them. Some were done better with CATA rewamp, but most still suck VISUALLY compared to newer zones. New zones tend to never look the "same". You feel like every area in the zone is different, so it's more of an adventure.
Doubt it was even half, I started WoW half a year or so after the release and once I reached the place there already were a lot of quests at Silithus.

Yeah, though I know that Westfall and Duskwood were redone quite a bit. It wouldn't make much sense to change all the regions completely anyway, so I understand that the basic design remained the same for most places. Only IMMENSE difference I can think of is Thousand Needles. That was necessary anyway, considering it was a garbage zone back in vanilla.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Did you read through a WoW wiki or where is all that knowledge coming from? xD

My point is that you and Nuno seem so hung up on design. Yeah sure an underground zone with lots of different regions looks better/more appealing than Westfall or or Elwynn with mainly yellow/green but graphic-wise there isn't a huge difference. It's all the design, a desert won't look much better even if you up the graphic a little bit, so it's probably not noticeable if you don't compare the old and new version directly. Sure regarding the design newer regions look a lot better or more interesting, but that's mainly because it offers a lot of variety.

Yeah, regarding Silithus it's just like Nuno said. Nothing changed during Cataclysm, but then again Silithus was very closely connected to the whole AQ story, so I guess they just stopped caring once that became irrelevant.
What knowledge? o_O

But you're talking about a single zone when a continent could easily offer way more variety. And there is some variety, but it's nothing compared to later zones. Just look at Northrend variety. There's more going on their than like the entirety of Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. The engine is the same, but they can improve textures and models for stuff. That's why trees in Draenor look way better than anything else.

Doubt it was even half, I started WoW half a year or so after the release and once I reached the place there already were a lot of quests at Silithus.

Yeah, though I know that Westfall and Duskwood were redone quite a bit. It wouldn't make much sense to change all the regions completely anyway, so I understand that the basic design remained the same for most places. Only IMMENSE difference I can think of is Thousand Needles. That was necessary anyway, considering it was a garbage zone back in vanilla.
Thousand Needles is STILL a garbage zone....god I hate that zone :lmao

Honestly I've seen most people say that prefer it pre-Cata
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

What knowledge? o_O

But you're talking about a single zone when a continent could easily offer way more variety. And there is some variety, but it's nothing compared to later zones. Just look at Northrend variety. There's more going on their than like the entirety of Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. The engine is the same, but they can improve textures and models for stuff. That's why trees in Draenor look way better than anything else.

Thousand Needles is STILL a garbage zone....god I hate that zone :lmao

Honestly I've seen most people say that prefer it pre-Cata
Stormwind being one of the first places, all the stuff you mentioned about Silithus, etc. xD

uh honestly? Northrend offering more than Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms together feels like a hard exaggeration in my eyes. How can you even judge that when you most likely haven't seen more than half of the zones?
Well maybe it's just this "way better" I don't agree with, or maybe I just never payed close attention. Honestly I couldn't care less about better looking trees :XD

Might be, only saw it once since the redesign but never quested there. It actually looked better than the old TN, but I obviously have no clue about what it offers quest-wise etc.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Stormwind being one of the first places, all the stuff you mentioned about Silithus, etc. xD

uh honestly? Northrend offering more than Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms together feels like a hard exaggeration in my eyes. How can you even judge that when you most likely haven't seen more than half of the zones?
Well maybe it's just this "way better" I don't agree with, or maybe I just never payed close attention. Honestly I couldn't care less about better looking trees :XD

Might be, only saw it once since the redesign but never quested there. It actually looked better than the old TN, but I obviously have no clue about what it offers quest-wise etc.
Well I don't know from where specifically, but I've been reading/watching a lot of stuff.

I don't think so really, it had tundra/desert, snow, woods, jungle, spooky places (zuldrak). And I've seen way more than half of the zones :lmao The trees are just an example of the improved look on the "same old engine". That the textures are just way more crisp looking.

It's a huge hole in the ground with a few "platforms" in the middle where the Tauren are. But the questing there is atrocious. The area is way too big and you can't fly there. The underwater portion is boring after 10 minutes. It's terrible IMO.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Well I don't know from where specifically, but I've been reading/watching a lot of stuff.

I don't think so really, it had tundra/desert, snow, woods, jungle, spooky places (zuldrak). And I've seen way more than half of the zones :lmao The trees are just an example of the improved look on the "same old engine". That the textures are just way more crisp looking.

It's a huge hole in the ground with a few "platforms" in the middle where the Tauren are. But the questing there is atrocious. The area is way too big and you can't fly there. The underwater portion is boring after 10 minutes. It's terrible IMO.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Uhm and Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor offer all of that + more. How did you possibly see more than half? Both offer around 50 different zones together even if you ignore Cataclysm zones. Did you fly over them? Now that hardly tells you much about the zone.

Yeah I heard the questing there still sucks.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: (° ͜ʖ͡°)

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Uhm and Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor offer all of that + more. How did you possibly see more than half? Both offer around 50 different zones together even if you ignore Cataclysm zones. Did you fly over them? Now that hardly tells you much about the zone.

Yeah I heard the questing there still sucks.
I've leveled up two characters, and took two different paths both times? There isn't THAT much choice. You can easily see more than half of the zones :huh
 
Top