Well yes, considering most of us were under the age of 5 when Naruto got serialized... (Or maybe I'm wrong and you guys are actually way older? Anyway, I was personally three-years-old in 1997)
Anyway, honestly the creativity of a first chapter is pretty limited. There's only so much world-building you can do, and the story isn't going to stand out too much for the first few chapters. The only things that carry the first few chapters are the characters and some gimmicks, I guess. Naruto, for instance, had the sad back story to carry the first chapter, and then the chemistry between naruto/sasuke/sakura + more ninja-ish stuff to carry the next few chapters whilst introducing Kakashi and such.
But when was the point the world of Naruto actually became the world we know today? For the first ten chapters, it was just this village, nothing interesting. And then with the Zabuza arc, they went to the Land of the Waves, which isn't a major location in the Narutoverse (I mean, it hasn't been mentioned since), so when exactly did it upgrade into the world-building we know today? Maybe around the Chuunin exam? I don't know, I think it takes a while for a story to really come into its own.
Even One Piece was just a story about an overpowered protagonist with a mediocre backstory if we judged it on the first few chapters. It's only after you give an author room to write that the story can become interesting.
First chapters can do gimmicks and generic shit and whatever they need to get votes in JUMP, I'll forgive them if that's what it takes to keep the series running long-enough to get interesting. Look at Stealth Symphony, I guess people don't like a well-built world right off the bat in JUMP. They want the world to be introduced slowly (and thus created slowly) during a long serialization.