- Joined
- Mar 31, 2006
- Messages
- 5,646
- Reaction score
- 561
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: THE HEROES THREAD: Beware of SPOILERS!!!
Well I think its easy to get dissapointed with the episode, but if you look at it the right way it was a really cool ending to season 1.
At first people have to realize that Heroes isnt as action packed as you expect a story about people with specials powers (I guess most people are expecting too much Xmen here...for example me too xD). I would have loved a bigger fight between Sylar and Peter but that wouldnt have been good for the story.
As for the people wondering why Peter wasnt just flying away on his own. I think he had trouble keeping himself from exploding. If he would have concentrated on using multiple ablities he probably couldnt have hold back the explosion.
The only real issue I have with the episode is Hiro stabbing Sylar. I guess most will not like this scene. Because Sylar could easily have stopped him. The only reason I see here that Sylar was totally overconfident in this moment. When Hiro raised the sword he probably thought he wouldnt do it like the last times he encountered him. They could have handled the scene a bit better, for example Hiro freezing time just for splitseconds to stab him or something like that...
I read it somewhere else but I also like it that the season started with two totally different brothers and ended with a new relationship between them. The Nathan of the beginning was totally different, and he even got more corrupted through the season. However actually he was the only person who had a real choice all over the season. He knew what was going to happen and what the consequences would be of this. I liked the outcome ...
Overall I really liked the episode, also one thing that was really nice is that the season actually had a end. A lot of series just stop at a scene (for example if peter is going to explode) and you have to wait almost half a year to find out whats going to happen.
The biggest problem for heroes is for me that its too story driven and simply hasnt enough screentime and budget to grow it to its full potential. The season final really felt forced and rushed. I guess people would have like a 2h final episode much more and it would have felt more completely. Thats a problem with a lot of episodes for me. You could easily add 15-30min extra time to most episodes to make them much more clear and perfect. Cant be helped...I still cant wait for the next season
.
Btw the guy at the end = hiros dad xD?
Well I think its easy to get dissapointed with the episode, but if you look at it the right way it was a really cool ending to season 1.
At first people have to realize that Heroes isnt as action packed as you expect a story about people with specials powers (I guess most people are expecting too much Xmen here...for example me too xD). I would have loved a bigger fight between Sylar and Peter but that wouldnt have been good for the story.
As for the people wondering why Peter wasnt just flying away on his own. I think he had trouble keeping himself from exploding. If he would have concentrated on using multiple ablities he probably couldnt have hold back the explosion.
The only real issue I have with the episode is Hiro stabbing Sylar. I guess most will not like this scene. Because Sylar could easily have stopped him. The only reason I see here that Sylar was totally overconfident in this moment. When Hiro raised the sword he probably thought he wouldnt do it like the last times he encountered him. They could have handled the scene a bit better, for example Hiro freezing time just for splitseconds to stab him or something like that...
I read it somewhere else but I also like it that the season started with two totally different brothers and ended with a new relationship between them. The Nathan of the beginning was totally different, and he even got more corrupted through the season. However actually he was the only person who had a real choice all over the season. He knew what was going to happen and what the consequences would be of this. I liked the outcome ...

Overall I really liked the episode, also one thing that was really nice is that the season actually had a end. A lot of series just stop at a scene (for example if peter is going to explode) and you have to wait almost half a year to find out whats going to happen.
The biggest problem for heroes is for me that its too story driven and simply hasnt enough screentime and budget to grow it to its full potential. The season final really felt forced and rushed. I guess people would have like a 2h final episode much more and it would have felt more completely. Thats a problem with a lot of episodes for me. You could easily add 15-30min extra time to most episodes to make them much more clear and perfect. Cant be helped...I still cant wait for the next season
.Btw the guy at the end = hiros dad xD?
