Goku, don't twist my words just so that you can make funny emoticons laughing at an argument that didnt exist.
I'm saying the editors can do whatever they want, and they can have any reason for putting any series anywhere. It is usually correlated with ranking, but not necessarily.
My criticism was of the fact that you take the /exact/ ranking so seriously you try to purify it, when in reality the exact ranking is entirely irrelevant, because the ToC is nothing but a rough guide of how the editors view the series.
I didn't deny BC's problems with stock, but itd be quite a stretch to say the sales match the rankings regardless.
All I'm saying is there could be any number of reasons for the Toc to place series where they are, putting exact numbers on it is futile.
Look at the name of the topic.
This topic is about the TOC.
That's what everyone is doing in this topic since the beggining.
But since Black Clover began to rank, people began to dismiss the rankings as if they don't matter anymore.
And I'm not "purifying" it. I'm just using the rules above to get the "real rank", whatever this means.
The above rules does make sense.
What we know is that Jump use public votes to rank the series. Then they put it in the magazine in the same order as the rank.
I'm not the one saying it. Everyone is.
Fuck, I'm not even the first one to do this "cleaned rank". But when I did it, it became a "problem".
And I do believe that the stock problems are the culprit for the bad sales (even though 38k should not be considered bad).
Otherwise I would have to believe that they are trying to artificialy push the success of something that is fated to fail.
This is NOT how Shueisha works as they could have done it before in more well established series before deciding to cancel it (beelzebub, hitman, etc...).