Movies The Movie Thread! - Continuation - Part 1

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jurassic Park (2015) was okay, but doesn't even come near the originals.

Get Hard (2015) was funnier than expected even though I find Kevin Hart to be excruciatingly annoying as hell :D
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24758...udios_find_their_spider-man_star_and_director

Just wtf is the point of this? Only because it's a joint deal? Why do we need to reboot the franchise with ANOTHER young actor if they want to put him in an Avengers movie and have it be believable? Spiderman was my favorite comic growing up, but I'm so indifferent to the movies featuring him because of this kind of shit.
Honestly, to me it actually made sense they went with another director and actor for the spiderman movies. Setting aside that toby macguire sucks in general (I never liked the guy for some reason) his spiderman thing did not not go with dignity considering the less than awesome 3rd movie (though I never thought it was as bad as people made it out to be). Then there was the garfield ones which never got much traction either. It makes sense for them to pick someone else. Considering the pick they are probably going to do as with the other marvel heroes and base him a tad more on ultimate spiderman. which is not a bad thing.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Honestly, to me it actually made sense they went with another director and actor for the spiderman movies. Setting aside that toby macguire sucks in general (I never liked the guy for some reason) his spiderman thing did not not go with dignity considering the less than awesome 3rd movie (though I never thought it was as bad as people made it out to be). Then there was the garfield ones which never got much traction either. It makes sense for them to pick someone else. Considering the pick they are probably going to do as with the other marvel heroes and base him a tad more on ultimate spiderman. which is not a bad thing.
Yeah but the entire point of this move was so Spiderman could finally be incorporated into the MCU and be in an Avengers movie or something. It's just annoying with so many reboots. I guess if the Fantastic Four movie is a success he could be incorporated into that as well.

I do not think the first iteration of Spiderman was as bad as so many people seem to say these days. I saw the first Garfield Spiderman and felt sort of ambivalent towards it and didn't bother with the second one. I'm just sick and damn tired of origin stories...and with another kid Spiderman we'll be getting yet another one it seems.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah but the entire point of this move was so Spiderman could finally be incorporated into the MCU and be in an Avengers movie or something. It's just annoying with so many reboots. I guess if the Fantastic Four movie is a success he could be incorporated into that as well.

I do not think the first iteration of Spiderman was as bad as so many people seem to say these days. I saw the first Garfield Spiderman and felt sort of ambivalent towards it and didn't bother with the second one. I'm just sick and damn tired of origin stories...and with another kid Spiderman we'll be getting yet another one it seems.
I'd think the new spiderman movie is unlikely to be a reboot. The new spiderman will first appear in the civil war movie which probably means it will start with spidey revealing his identity to the world. Unless the new spiderman movie works as a prequel we probably won't be given an origin story. Maybe the first few minutes will work to explain some stuff but a full fledged origin story just doesn't make sense. It'd be interesting if it has something to do with how spidey deals with revealing his secret identity. With any luck he doesn't resort to the devil (or one of the devils I guess) to revert that though.

The new fantastic four movie does not look good IMO. gritty science fiction? I am still skeptic of the concept. Even if they incorporate the fantastic 4 into the movie they probably won't be the same guys fox is currently using... I doubt it will happen though, its not like they are needed for this to work. The only character they could really use would be mr fantastic for his brain but if they need another genius then they can take their pic from literally every other marvel character. Even spiderman has IQ beyond the actual charts anyways.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
No, I meant a F4-Spidey crossover, not an Avengers-F4 one. But I guess the latter might work in the context of Civil War.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Feige said the Spider-Man movie won't be an origin one, as we got the two out of five movies already.

They already left out Hank Pym for Lang as Ant-Man, one of the greatest minds and Scientist Supreme for some time, in the Marvel universe too. With Stark and Banner there, the Avengers really have no more need for more geniuses in the MCU working together. Black Panther will be one of those already, and we got some easter egg with Amadeus Cho's mother working on Ultron in AoU.

F4 will have to bomb real hard to force FOX into a deal with the Marvel Studios. DoFP was a major success and getting all the 80s/90s characters reappearing in Apocalypse will keep them easily bankable Imo.

At least we got Doom amd the first family of Marvel in the current Secret Wars event being some of the major players.
 
Last edited:

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'm just back from the new terminator movie. It's a fun movie but you have to be able to shutdown your brain.

For the bad parts:
- Emilia Clarke is a miscast. We are supposed to believe that she is trained since she is 9 year old by a T-800 ... She should look closer to Ronda Rousey (at the very least). Here she looks like a doll with perfect makeup.
- The timeskip explanations ... I was literally laughing out loud. At that level, I trull think they did it on purpose. Expect complete non-sense ... And it will be worse than what you expect
- The helicopter scene ... Even the scene from the first Mission Impossible is more believable than that. Ok, it's scifi but this was needless.

For the good parts:
- Arnie.
- The CGI for young Arnie. Not so long ago, FF Spirits Within was impressive but the level that can be reached nowadays is really close to reality.
- Emilia Clarke (yes, I just put her in the bad parts for the miscast ... but my god she is hot as a brunette)
- Action. No downtime
- Comedy. I never had the feeling that the movie took itself seriously and for me, that's the main reason why it worked.
- The actor playing "skynet" ... It's freaking "doctor who". Bring me the TARDIS.
- Jai courtney is ok as Kyle Reese. This actor is everywhere (divergent and die hard for example)

It's more a parody of terminator than a terminator movie for me. And that's ok for me but real fans of the first two terminator movies might have a problem with it
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Terminator Genisys (2015) *** SIGH*** (wait for it) **SIGH** (Keep waiting...) :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:x3:x3:x3:shootme:shootme

It was basically the previous movies just chopped up into pieces and shoved back together.

I agree with Zellogan, in that, it felt like a parody, which my opinion due to the comedic scenes.

The casting feels off to me: 1) Kyle Reese (BAD) 2) John Connor (Bad) 3) Sarah Connor (SO-SO)

Also, Terminator 1 and 2 are classic, so you just can't stain/ alter them!!! I was obsessed with Terminator, in fact I would say that I watched 1 and 2 literally over 50-60 times. NO JOKE! So the fact that they were messed around with--PISSED ME OFF. However, I did like how it revived memories of the classic terminator scenes, and they even used the same original soundtrack which was cool

EMILIA CLARKE? Seriously? Didn't anyone notice how many time her english accent slipped out? LOL

HOWEVER, I will say it was better than the previous terminator film, but still, it's just getting ridiculous.

THE ONLY THING THAT I WAS PLEASANTLY HAPPY ABOUT--- the fact that they actually showed laser beams in future like Terminator 1 and 2
Since, the previous one, had regular ammunition which really killed the whole film.

Anyways, the film itself was ok and worth the watch
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
[video]https://youtu.be/CTNJ51ghzdY[/video]

It's beautifull
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I saw some sites saying Luke was the one in handcuffs, but I'm pretty sure it was Oscar Isaac.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Pretty sure it's Isaac. Cool to see Ackbar and the Höhöhö-guy are back.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Ackbar mask at 02:55 and this guy right after him.

[video]https://youtu.be/0JFi2zlyTkU[/video]
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Wow, I remember seeing Nien Nunb but missed Ackbar before that...

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------


...yeah, Jesse Eisenberg really isn't doing it for me :lmao
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Action seemed cool and got me curious about this version of Bruce. But the coolest Superman character felt underwhelming. I like Eisenberg, but based on only the trailer his Lex seems weak. And thats bad, since for me Luthor is the most interesting part of Superman franchise.
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Jesse Eisenberg looks more antipathic with each movie. It's starting to be natural for him.

I also saw the trailer for Suicide Squads. Jared Leto is IMO already on the track to be as good as Heath Ledger. I always had the very unpopular opinion that the Joker is an easy role to play: you basically just need to overplay everything and it will go just fine.
 
Last edited:

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't bother watching Ted 2, since it was even worse than Ted 1.

Sorry, but I think Seth Mcfarlane's work is extremely overracted.

It was terrible.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke

Seems they released this officially because of the grainy leak from SDCC. I must say that I'm a bit more interested in it than I was.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I've just seen Ex Machina...other then borrowing a general plotline from Blade Runner, it touches lightly on interesting themes...the most important being: Don't think with your dick *sigh
 
Top