Tournesol

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2014
Messages
138
Reaction score
76
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #78)

Is the stripe on the cover really white? Shouldn't it be blue...? Oh well, it will still look good in my collection! >:D
Wonder what the next cover will be like... somehow I always find myself thinking that whenever I see a new one. Don't think I'll ever get enough of them. *loves colorful manga covers*
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #78)

You know sometimes I loathe how clustered OP volume covers can be and I envy the simplicity of Bleach covers; because in my mind this cover just having Doflamingo on there would've looked so cool. Even just Akainu and Fujitora on there with DD that'd still be an awesome cover, but add in all the other characters and you just don't know where to look.

Despite G4 Luffy being in the center, you can't fully appreciate it because it's out-scaledby the other 3.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #78)

You know sometimes I loathe how clustered OP volume covers can be and I envy the simplicity of Bleach covers; because in my mind this cover just having Doflamingo on there would've looked so cool. Even just Akainu and Fujitora on there with DD that'd still be an awesome cover, but add in all the other characters and you just don't know where to look.

Despite G4 Luffy being in the center, you can't fully appreciate it because it's out-scaledby the other 3.
I can't really agree, Bleach covers are rather boring. I don't find this cover in particular to be clustered like you said. There's a few characters in it, but the way they're distributed is rather harmonious, especially the upper part, with DD in the middle and the two admirals facing each other.I love the fact that DD's face is covered in blood too. But more importantly, it's the coloring that imo makes it all look nice and clean, Oda does not charge his covers with flashy colors or different visual effects.
I also like how this cover represents the characters that appear in the last chapters before DD's defeat in chapter 790. I think the cover pretty much sums up those events.
 
Last edited:

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #79)

Volume 79
One Piece Vol. 79 LQ (credits to redon):
Thank you both for the information. :^_^

I've updated the front page to include the latest Volume 79.


This Volume is named "Lucy" - what an appropriate title to use to show the climax of Dressrosa arc where Luffy is known as Lucy.

The volume will be released in the Japanese market on 3rd Oct 15, containing chapters from 786 to 795, and the information of the next One Piece film will also be included as well.

In this volume cover, many important characters are featured. We have Doflamingo who is wounded, the two Admirals facing each other, the Tontatta bee and Princess Mansherry, toy soldier, Gats and Luffy with his huge haki hand.

All of them look very serious and intense in their respective involvement in the Dressrosa arc.

Though there are many characters being featured, it has shown the basis of the arc through the drawings and the presentation.

People may have varying preference, however it appears that this is the author's style of his work for his volume covers. :^_^

It looks fine for me. :)
 
Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #79)

Thank you both for the information. :^_^

I've updated the front page to include the latest Volume 79.


This Volume is named "Lucy" - what an appropriate title to use to show the climax of Dressrosa arc where Luffy is known as Lucy.

The volume will be released in the Japanese market on 3rd Oct 15, containing chapters from 786 to 795, and the information of the next One Piece film will also be included as well.

In this volume cover, many important characters are featured. We have Doflamingo who is wounded, the two Admirals facing each other, the Tontatta bee and Princess Mansherry, toy soldier, Gats and Luffy with his huge haki hand.

All of them look very serious and intense in their respective involvement in the Dressrosa arc.

Though there are many characters being featured, it has shown the basis of the arc through the drawings and the presentation.

People may have varying preference, however it appears that this is the author's style of his work for his volume covers. :^_^

It looks fine for me. :)
Thank you, ProGoddess.:)

Regarding the cover it features Doflamingo, Akainu and Fujitora, Luffy in his Gear 4, Toy Soldier(Kyros), Mansherry, Kabu and Gats. Kabu as the name suggests is a Kabuto(Japanese rhinoceros bettle).It's thanks to his DF, the Zoan type Mushi Mushi no mi: model Kabutomushi that he can turn into a beetle.
In the end it's not a whole lot of characters, just the ones appearing in chapter 788 to 790.

In these past years I noticed that quite a few mangaka would resort to using one character only covers.I guess it's easier since having a composition of various characters is much more complicated to draw, and time consuming. Despite Oda's inherent limits in drawing, I like how he doesn't shy away from having multiple characters in his covers. To me that shows the kind of dedication he has towards his manga.
I also like it since it is reminiscent of Dragon Ball covers, that was a great inspiration for One Piece. Someone like Nakaba Suzuki, the author of Nanatsu no Taizai, also has many characters featured in his covers, and it just so happens that he was heavily influenced by DB, which shows through his art style.

To me Oda's covers offer more variety, not to mention that some were really memorable like the SH/Baroque works ones, back in Alabasta.:)
 
Last edited:

kamikazededios

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: One Piece Chapter 801 Discussion / 802 Prediction

Hello guys I'm new in this forum, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but anyway I will share this with you

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Semaka

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
85
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Re: One Piece Chapter 801 Discussion / 802 Prediction

Hello guys I'm new in this forum, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but anyway I will share this with you



PD: About the chapter I was astounded with the big bounty they gave to Ussop and the mysterious related to the wanted poster in Sanji.
That's the cover for the next tankobon release, I think it comes out on 3.10.2015 in Japan, nice cover, too bad Kaido isn't on it, he appears in the last chapter, and probably won't be on the next one.
 

kamikazededios

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: One Piece Chapter 801 Discussion / 802 Prediction

That's the cover for the next tankobon release, I think it comes out on 3.10.2015 in Japan, nice cover, too bad Kaido isn't on it, he appears in the last chapter, and probably won't be on the next one.
Yeah, it's really bad that Oda sensei didn't include kaidou but I think the reason is because since he appeared once in the manga, it needs more time to develop the character.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Re: One Piece Chapter 801 Discussion / 802 Prediction

Hello guys I'm new in this forum, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but anyway I will share this with you


Moderator Notice:

Before posting any Volume Covers, Cover Pages or any related One Piece covers, kindly check the 1st page of the thread to see if they have been posted or updated already so that we don't get any repeat.

Of course, general discussion of covers are always welcome and encouraged.

Thank you! :^_^
~ ProGoddess



BTW, Welcome to Mangahelpers and One Piece forum! Hope to see ya around. :)
 
Last edited:

Eigengrau

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
3,040
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: One Piece Chapter 801 Discussion / 802 Prediction

Yeah, it's really bad that Oda sensei didn't include kaidou but I think the reason is because since he appeared once in the manga, it needs more time to develop the character.
Well, he really wasn't part of the on-going action/developments during the Dressrosa arc, so it makes sense for him not to be on the cover.
I know everything is tied to him somehow, but still, he wasn't shown and he wasn't directly involved, so yeah :v

He'll only be on a cover when he's promoted to a "regular" character, which is bound to happen sooner or later.
 

Stiltzkin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
328
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Chapter 801 Discussion / 802 Prediction

Well, he really wasn't part of the on-going action/developments during the Dressrosa arc, so it makes sense for him not to be on the cover.
I know everything is tied to him somehow, but still, he wasn't shown and he wasn't directly involved, so yeah :v

He'll only be on a cover when he's promoted to a "regular" character, which is bound to happen sooner or later.

but Buggy and his excavator friends (as minor characters!) made into volume 25 cover
even Sengoku's goat was there but not Sengoku himself
​
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #79)

Volume 80 cover as per one-piece.com
OP80cover.jpg

title is the same as chapter 801 - 開幕宣言
release date 28.12
 
Last edited:

Stiltzkin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2014
Messages
328
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #79)

Volume 80 cover as per one-piece.com
View attachment 2197

title is the same as chapter 801 - 開幕宣言
release date 28.12
I thought the cover would be more alliance thingy, like those 7 exchanging cups or something, but oh well just 5 pairs of hands with cups in the background better than nothing

and no sign of Zou, Zunisha, or minks

I wonder why Miss Bucking was there but not Weeble
hmmm... she's a miss, not mrs?
this makes me wonder that Miss Bucking was the important one to the story, not Weeble
but wait... whos behind Fujitora? Weeble pictured in shadowy, not in color as Miss Bucking?

​
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #79)

I wonder why Miss Bucking was there but not Weeble
hmmm... she's a miss, not mrs?
this makes me wonder that Miss Bucking was the important one to the story, not Weeble
but wait... whos behind Fujitora? Weeble pictured in shadowy, not in color as Miss Bucking?
That is Weeble right behind Fujitora, yes.
Overall it's quite a bad cover imo. Too many little hints and the bigger picture is out of focus. Worse even, the characters taking up most space don't matter.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #79)

I wouldn't have minded having Kaido on this one, but it seems to me that this volume covers the last chapters of the Dressrosa arc, so it's not that important.I like the subtle hints about the alliance.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Volume 80 cover as per one-piece.com
View attachment 2197

title is the same as chapter 801 - 開幕宣言
release date 28.12
Thank you for the info. :^_^

This latest Volume #80 is so " pinky". :teehee Interestingly, Buggy is on it as well.

The cover seems to tell the aftermaths of Doflamingo being defeated and the various alliances (old and new ones) are coming together to form "one big allies" to Luffy (and StrawHat). At the same time, it also portrays the "war" of Jack vs Marines (though Jack wasn't in the cover). I suppose why Fujitora, Sengoku and Tsuru are in it since Jack will be coming after their ships to face them. Though we have only gotten a glimpse of what had happened when Jack attacked the Marine ships, we had not really seen the actual fight between the two parties. I wonder if it will be shown eventually. I do hope it does :^_^

By the way, I have updated the first page of this thread to include this Volume Cover. It is titled "Opening Declaration" or 開幕宣言 / Kaimaku Sengen in Japanese. It contains Chapter 796 to 806, with a total of 216 pages.

Enjoy! :super
 
Last edited:

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Happy New Year to everyone!! :confetti

Once again, redon has posted the HQ full version of the latest volume of OP.







Please, remember going to the Volume Cover Thread and show your gratitude to him!


And yes, this cover is so pinky... Perhaps "trop de rose tue le rose" (aka too much)... but honestly, I can't think of another color for a cover featuring Tsuru on it. I think it's perfect for her. :)
 
Last edited:
Top