Shounen Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, I guess this is it guys...
We are going straigth toward a finale.
I'm now confident that there will be no comedy chapter until the end of this manga.
 

Master OZ

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Am I the only one thinking that Sorachi is kinda rushing things? I'm beginning to fear that Gintama will have the same unsatisfying ending like HSDK. I mean not long a go we got a Shoyou double and Kamui clashing with his dad soon after that is a bit too much and rushed (IMHO).
HSDK started great but then mangaka mistook fanservice for storytelling... I mean fanservice was just a sprinkling here and there but later on it became prevalent to an off putting degree. I don´t see anything like that in Gintama, yet. I understand concerns about rushing things. Sorachi´s pace is very fast for people used to something like One Piece pacing, but it still is not as fast as let´s say Toriko. I think a lot of readers got lulled by some false sense of safety that Sorachi is trying to destroy. Gintama is prevalently seen as a gag manga with sparse serious arcs, yet now it might be exactly the opposite. This juxtaposition is probably the cause of your feeling of "rushed". It is also enhanced by Sorachi´s approach to the secondary group (Takasugi, Kamui et al.). I think Sorachi realizes that he must move plot to a point of pre-Assassination state of stability, where he can give us some respite from this action. He cannot certainly do that by spending another 20 or so chapters on TaKamui so he opted for quick summary. From the storytelling point of view this is not what you´d call rushing, more like a selective beneficial acceleration.
Well, I guess this is it guys...
We are going straigth toward a finale.
I'm now confident that there will be no comedy chapter until the end of this manga.
Hey now let´s not be pessimistic over here. Shinpachi needs to get laid and get badass, MADAO has to get a job and get together with his wife and we also need Sakamoto stalking Oryou-chan antics, since Kondou graduated from Stalker Comprehensive (Sacchan is repeating so she will get Sakamoto as her kouhai and maybe even Yamazaki if he is up to it).
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Such a great chapter!
So, they are all going their separate ways?

I can see how Kagura is going after Kamui and Gintoki is going after his master...
But what will Shinpachi do? He doesn't really have a nemesis, or something like that...

And what about Sadaharu? Unless he gets to join Kagura, I really wonder what he will do...
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Such a great chapter!
So, they are all going their separate ways?

I can see how Kagura is going after Kamui and Gintoki is going after his master...
But what will Shinpachi do? He doesn't really have a nemesis, or something like that...

And what about Sadaharu? Unless he gets to join Kagura, I really wonder what he will do...
Well in real life Shinpachi was a member of the Shinsengumi so personally I expect him to join them.
That being said things are going to escalate rather quick and we will finally see Kazura going all out although we know it's Gintoki's job to kill Shoujo
 

Ryuzaki L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
397
Reaction score
240
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
So, that's why Oboro kept surviving. Looks like "Shouyou" took pity on him as a kid and decided to revive him.

---------- Post added September 11, 2015 at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was September 05, 2015 at 07:06 AM ----------

Tfw you'll never beat a country in 5 pages :feelsbadman
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, is it me or does this manga looks more and more like a shonen?

Now, we even have a enemy with a set number of lieutenant.
And they will split to fight the different main characters, like we see in typical shonen.

Not that I complain, Gintama was always at its best when it was in the middle of a epic fight arc (IMO), so this is great.
But, it does feel totally different than the usual...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, honestly speaking the series has been completely different for a long while now. The tone has been persistently serious with minimal banter in the shortest of breathers, before bringing back the intensity again. When a long time 'villain' finally joins the side of the main cast + death of signature character (no more SHOOOOGUN KA YOOOO >_<) you know things are about to go down for the series itself, as opposed to a mere arc.

Gintama's always been as shounen as you can get but I guess you mean shounen in terms of the other stuff you're used to. Either way, definitely will see this series getting wrapped up soon... Feels kinda sad...
 

Ryuzaki L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
397
Reaction score
240
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Katsura will finally show his violent side, I'm so hyped for next chapters :pogchamp
 

Ryuzaki L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
397
Reaction score
240
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
KATSURA JA NAI,ZURA DA!!!
Chapter 563: Runaway Kotarou
He's as much of a monster as Gintoki :zomg

---------- Post added November 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2015 at 02:05 PM ----------

I have no words to describe this chapter :kreygasm
 

Akisume

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
44
Reaction score
6
Age
30
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Welcome to the Yorozuya !!

Hooo! >^< I just found out how far behind I am in the Gintama manga! The U.S. stopped getting the volumes at 23! And it's so under appreciated! I believe that the Gintama series deserves more praise in the U.S. than it's getting!:)
 

Bellethiel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
This arc is action packed for sure. We had Zura, Sakamoto and Gintoki fights already. And it seems there is still more to come. Ahhh...
Since Takasugi finally got up that much is granted.
Wonder how long this arc will turn out to be.
 

Bellethiel

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
44
Reaction score
15
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
The hype is real. I am screaming ha ha.
I would love them to animate this arc as well after next one. Who knows if it will end up before next animated one will, maybe they could pull it off.

Edit: Chinese scans http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/375363

Well aside from all the epicness tho. I feel bad that Shinpachi is kinda useless yet again. :')
 
Last edited:
Top