Special Nanatsu no Taizai Events

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think so.Fanart is just artwork made by fans, in any kind of medium they want to use, but it tends to be done digitally most of the time.If we go by that, a drawing is also an artwork.An original artwork can also mean fanart. And finally drawings that are part of a contest, at least in here don't have to be done by hand.:-_-
I really don't see any difference between the two, so maybe it can just be either fanart OR drawing contest. Your call.
maybe make a theme art....like say it's valentine's day/month of.
make it themed like that....idk
like xmas is next month...that would be pretty cool to see kid king as an elf or fat king as santa:XD
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
maybe make a theme art....like say it's valentine's day/month of.
make it themed like that....idk
like xmas is next month...that would be pretty cool to see kid king as an elf or fat king as santa:XD
Don't really get the hype about Christmas, but then again I don't celebrate it.
I think it should be something more neutral for a start, so that plenty of people can take part in it. It would be kind of a test, to see how it works.
For a theme, how about "Draw your favorite character"? I think that would be interesting.

About the fanart , it could be a drawing, with color or not, in whatever technique we want to use(pencil, pens,digital painting whatever). Also it should have a deadline.
Again I don't see the point of having those two options up. It would be better to do it like this: Fanart/Drawing contest.
Right now I can't vote in the poll because of it.
 
Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I don't think so.Fanart is just artwork made by fans, in any kind of medium they want to use, but it tends to be done digitally most of the time.If we go by that, a drawing is also an artwork.An original artwork can also mean fanart. And finally drawings that are part of a contest, at least in here don't have to be done by hand.:-_-
I really don't see any difference between the two, so maybe it can just be either fanart OR drawing contest. Your call.
Fan-Art has a wider definition - you may use certain programs, certain apps and even edit pieces of already existing material.
I specified "drawing" as in a hand-drawing.
One can get far more votes by submitting a digital artwork, as it is far easier to make it appear aesthetic due to the application of shading, coloring etc. - it would be slightly unfair to rule out those whose talent is to draw by hand.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't really get the hype about Christmas, but then again I don't celebrate it.
I think it should be something more neutral for a start, so that plenty of people can take part in it. It would be kind of a test, to see how it works.

About the fanart , it could be a drawing, with color or not, in whatever technique we want to use(pencil, pens,digital painting whatever). Also it should have a deadline.
Again I don't see the point of having those two options up. It would be better to do it like this: Fanart/Drawing contest.
Right now I can't vote on the poll because of it.
well...i was just using it as an example.
i was just trying to bring the characters out of the nanatsu world...know what i'm saying?
i just thought holidays would be a good theme:feelsbadman

make it manga themed....have a poll on which manga should be used....say the old big 3 naruto/bleach/onepiece....
then once voted on....people can draw any NnT character within said voted theme...

help me out on my words lola:XD
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Well, drawing contest implies we do stuff ourselves. Fanart would probably just mean we post some neat art in here.
That's not what I meant when I suggested it. I meant that the fanart has to be done by ourselves, what's the fun in reposting some good fanart found on the web?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

well...i was just using it as an example.
i was just trying to bring the characters out of the nanatsu world...know what i'm saying?
i just thought holidays would be a good theme:feelsbadman

make it manga themed....have a poll on which manga should be used....say the old big 3 naruto/bleach/onepiece....
then once voted on....people can draw any NnT character within said voted theme...

help me out on my words lola:XD
I think we should go for something more simple. Favorite character is just that, because dressing up NnT characters in OP or Bleach characters clothes is more difficult.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ok....a good man knows when to shattup:XD
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Fan-Art has a wider definition - you may use certain programs, certain apps and even edit pieces of already existing material.
I specified "drawing" as in a hand-drawing.
One can get far more votes by submitting a digital artwork, as it is far easier to make it appear aesthetic due to the application of shading, coloring etc. - it would be slightly unfair to rule out those whose talent is to draw by hand.
Ok let's look at it this way. When you make something digital, many people including me often start with a basic drawing by hand, then they can add the lineart and colors using programs such as PS. You see a digital drawing is still a drawing, and what I'm saying is that we should allow more freedom to people, if they want to draw it by hand, add color to it or not. No need to use technicalities, this is not the art forum.

Also I reread the thread, and no one suggested a Drawing contest. I specifically suggested a fanart one. So where does that option come from?
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Ok let's look at it this way. When you make something digital, many people including me often start with a basic drawing by hand, then they can add the lineart and colors using programs such as PS. You see a digital drawing is still a drawing, and what I'm saying is that we should allow more freedom to people, if they want to draw it by hand, add color to it or not. No need to use technicalities, this is not the art forum.
But like I said, those who participate with only manual drawing would likely get an inferior amount of votes; it's our nature to vote for those which appear to be pleasing to the eye, and digital drawings certainly are more so.
If, hypothetically, there are people who only draw by hand but nonetheless are fine with the merging of these two options, I'll change it. Your desire already gives this option an advantage, so I'll likely change it if one more participant has the same opinion as you.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Also I reread the thread, and no one suggested a Drawing contest. I specifically suggested a fanart one. So where does that option come from?
I deliberately divided the two.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
But like I said, those who participate with only manual drawing would likely get an inferior amount of votes; it's our nature to vote for those which appear to be pleasing to the eye, and digital drawings certainly are more so.
If, hypothetically, there are people who only draw by hand but nonetheless are fine with the merging of these two options, I'll change it. Your desire already gives this option an advantage, so I'll likely change it if one more participant has the same opinion as you.
And I said that it should be as free as possible. If they want to do it by hand, then let them do it by hand. If they have the time to paint it digitally(which I doubt) then let them do it. Also do you really believe that drawings by hand are inferior to one's done digitally? I can assure you they're not, especially if you use things such as watercolors, they are very much liked.

I am one of such who can do both, and I really don't see the point of having this distinction between the two. You're making things way more complicated than it should. Because from what I can tell only a few know how to draw, and there's even fewer people who know how to use digital softwares. What I was aiming for when I suggested this was something more casual, where everyone is free to draw whatever they like, and they don't have to chose which of digital painting or hand drawing they want to do.You should take that into consideration, that not everyone knows how to draw or use PS to color a drawing.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
And I said that it should be as free as possible. If they want to do it by hand, then let them do it by hand. If they have the time to paint it digitally(which I doubt) then let them do it. Also do you really believe that drawings by hand are inferior to one's done digitally? I can assure you they're not, especially if you use things such as watercolors, they are very much liked.

I am one of such who can do both, and I really don't see the point of having this distinction between the two. You're making things way more complicated than it should. Because from what I can tell only a few know how to draw, and there's even fewer people who know how to use digital softwares. What I was aiming for when I suggested this was something more casual, where everyone is free to draw whatever they like, and they don't have to chose which of digital painting or hand drawing they want to do.You should take that into consideration, that not everyone knows how to draw or use PS to color a drawing.
To me, personally, a digitally made artwork is far superior in saturation, shading and such. How exactly can you assure me? I can predict the vast difference between the two - it's not like we are aware of people's drawing abilities.
Mere basic knowledge of PS gives you a huge advantage over drawing.

Wow, you're really making a huge fuss about this. I don't really mind merging them, but I know for certain that digital artwork will prevail by a margin.

Merged them. Enjoy it.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
To me, personally, a digitally made artwork is far superior in saturation, shading and such. How exactly can you assure me? I can predict the vast difference between the two - it's not like we are aware of people's drawing abilities.

Wow, you're really making a huge fuss about this. I don't really mind merging them, but I know for certain that digital artwork will prevail by a margin.

Merged them. Enjoy it.
I sure will.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Hola, guys. How's it going?
I simply wanted to inform you that we're continuing the Nanatsu no Taizai Events, and I'd be very pleased if each of you posted a suggestion regarding the next event: what do you want it to be? What do you want it to cover?
The more of you intend to participate, the better it will be, so please do not hesitate!

May the suggestions commence!
​
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Cool, keep it up! Everyone who participates receives a cookie.
 

Calum

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
325
Reaction score
83
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
Favourite weapon or magic would be cool.
 

kiriya

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
243
Age
27
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Most outlandish theory you can come up with, maybe? With evidence to support it. And then people vote on which they like best.

Like for example: Arthur is actually the result of a drunken affair between Merlin and an Echidna. This can be seen in his hair; it's too spiky and all over the place to possibly belong to a full human being. We've also never seen Merlin drink, yet she has two bars that could be seen as being named after her in a sense. This likely means that Merlin gets up to some crazy things when she's drunk, like flying down to Australia and stealing an echidna. Merlin is also incredibly motherly in regards to Arthur; in fact, one of the only times we see her look outright panicked is when Arthur is about to be crushed to death by an albion. Therefore the most logical conclusion is that she is Arthur's mother, and his father is an echidna.

Either that, or maybe a presidential election-type thing? Represent your favorite character, glorify their deeds/character and try to deny/hide their shortcomings, and then after all the nominations are in we all vote for the character we think would Make Britannia Great Again. Or something like that, at least. :p
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Okay, I've added a poll.

@kiriya - Since our previous event was a popularity poll, I'll omit the "elect a president" option, if you all are fine with it. For versatility's sake.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, I've also added a "funny editing" option, because I find those hilarious.

Additionally, would you guys enjoy events in which you participate in teams? A two versus two or such.
If so, let me know so we can come up with something.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We're going to do funny edits one day, I just know it. Anyway, are there enough weapons for a favorite weapons vote? Or are we going to scan the manga for any and all weapons and put them all up?

A team even could be cool, but I'd like to know the specifics of it. Especially if the Theory Event wins.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
We're going to do funny edits one day, I just know it. Anyway, are there enough weapons for a favorite weapons vote? Or are we going to scan the manga for any and all weapons and put them all up?

A team even could be cool, but I'd like to know the specifics of it. Especially if the Theory Event wins.
We'd probably have to take designs into account; every weapon besides the Sacred Treasures and Basquias lacks feats, so we'll have to look at that again.

As for the teamwork, combining two crazy theories to form another crazier theory would be strange, but perhaps good. We'll see after we have a winner among the options.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Alright, guys. Among the options in the poll, the "Crazy Theories" option has received the most votes, for a grand total of 7 (Insane, I know).
Either way, there will now be two options available:

​
---- The first option is about competing alone, which means you get to crystallize your own ideas and present them later on.

---- The second option is about competing as a
team, meaning you'll team up with another member of the forum, and you'll cooperate in order to create a crazy but sensible theory.
Leggo!​
 
Last edited:

bacon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
23
Age
74
Country
Abu Dhabi
4:0
looks like teamwork is not meant to be
 
Top