I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
(I really thought that Kat would guess it since she kinda knows a lil bit more about me than others, I even mentioned what I like and dislike to her, but I guess she forgot.. -.- )
I see your point, Gary, cause of what happened next (with Gry quoting). As I said solely in my defense after being atked, I was specific about re-writing the PM when the matter came out, but I do agree that quoting shouldn't be allowed and that everything that happened as a chain (as my request at the beginning) shouldn't either, hence why I don't mind the hall of shame. Its just that when it started, I didn't think that writing something would be against the rules, didnt see its consequences, but after discussing it I do see how we can fabricate PMs and quotes quite easily, so it's just the same as re-writing a sentence, I don't disagree with that now.
It seemed to have snowballed into something because the lawl thing wasn't dealt with correctly, I guess. But like I said, people need to be responsible for their own actions and knowing the rules themselves as well. I don't really recall you telling him to quote his PM either, so I didn't think of it as an issue.
Btw, your new profile pic is good you should keep it for the rest of 2016, it should trick other people into taking you seriously before realizing you are a troll
But well did my best, seems I'm not a good player enough !! Mafia roles don't fit me at all
RIP me !!
Edit : are mafia post now counted in total number of posts ? My number of posts rose suddenly while I don't post so much in the forum, not a vital concern but still a little bit annoying considering we post a lot in mafia games.