So I've been thinking about this more and two things:I was wondering if it's possible to have some characters give buffs to others if they are placed in certain positions -it started when I joked about Sengoku's team always serving first- if that isn't a thing already. Something like Yukimura's leadership when he plays singles 1, or Inui's juices when he's a reserve, etc.
1. The only way I can realistically see this for specific positions is to make "keywords", e.g. Leadoff (S3), Pillar (S2), Ace (S1), and I don't know what could be used for the doubles yet. If we did this, the characters would just get +1 Total or something when played in the right position. Since there's tons of characters this would apply to and some could even be considered multiple (for Atobe all three I listed would work for instance), I can't make up individual abilities for all of them and neither do I want to dedicate that many ability slots to stuff like this.
If you guys want keywords like this, let me know. If enough people want them, I'll put them in.
2. Abilities that have an effect if the character is in reserve sound appealing to me. E.g. something that quickly came to mind here would be to allow Kimijima's player to ignore the stat total restriction when making a line-up for one slot. This would probably work for ten or so characters, not sure. In this context, however, I have to say that since this would affect most or all DT players, I might nerf the Formations a bit. Either weaken the effect or make them more difficult to use, I'm not sure yet.
I don't really have any suggestion as for now but adding something more is necessary.
Maximilian Bismarck [28, SB: 2, HP: 10, CP, R]
(SPE: 6, POW: 5, STA: 5, MEN: 5, TEC: 7)
-Change-up [Counter]:
Triggers after losing two consecutive points. During the following two points, Power increases by 1, Mental increases by 2.
-Spinless Sway Ball [Special - Lv 6]:
Activation: After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1. If an opponent's combined Mental and Technique is less than 11, that opponent's Specials are negated.
Data: Technique increases by 4. If an opponent's Special was negated through this, Power increases by 5.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Mental and Technique is less than 9.
(SPE: 6, POW: 5, STA: 5, MEN: 5, TEC: 7)
-Change-up [Counter]:
Triggers after losing two consecutive points. During the following two points, Power increases by 1, Mental increases by 2.
-Spinless Sway Ball [Special - Lv 6]:
Activation: After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1. If an opponent's combined Mental and Technique is less than 11, that opponent's Specials are negated.
Data: Technique increases by 4. If an opponent's Special was negated through this, Power increases by 5.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Mental and Technique is less than 9.
Made various smaller changes. First of all, increased the duration of Change-up to two points instead of one. Also, changed the boost from Speed/Mental to Power/Mental to give Bismarck a better defensive coverage during those points. For SSB, I mostly made it easier for me to calculate, but I buffed the negation and boost a bit while decreasing the negation threshold by one point (this is so that Duke can avoid it after Destroyer).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Medanole 7/5/8/6/5 (31)
ProD 5/8/7/6/5 (31)
ProB 8/6/6/5/7 (32)
Amadeus 7/6/5/6/8 (32)
Volk 6/6/6/8/7 (33)
Camus 8/6/5/7/7 (33)
I'm still debating on whether to switch Camus and Medanole, but the point is that each of the German pros will match exactly one of the others in terms of total. Alongside QP and Rhinehart, everyone will be able to grab a 30+ base total player for their team like this. Speaking of Rhinehart, based on what we've heard about him in the last chapter, I want to give something along these lines:
-Creating Bonds [Coach]:
Characters on this team require 1 match less to establish a new Support Lv. When in reserve, all doubles pairs' Support Lvs increase by 1 during their matches (max. Lv 3).
Furthermore, I've been thinking a bit about Seakay's suggestion and decided to give Ryoma and Kintarou new Autos:
-Super Rookie of the East/West [Auto]:
Only activates in singles. After playing a match against an opponent with higher base total, one stat permanently increases by 1 for the rest of the season. Stats increase in the order <INSERT ORDER>.
The order will probably be different for both characters, with Kintarou focusing on physical stats first and Ryoma on the technical ones. If I leave Medanole at 31, I could see him getting something similar, although probably a more constant increase that caps at 34 or so.