Game Prophet League Ver 2 [Final Tournament SFs]

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah, I did. That's why Frosty, Letal and I got 5 points each instead of 6.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Hmm, I thought it's more than one point per country wrong, so I was pretty conservative on guessing. Oh well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hey Kaoz, I propose more prediction. How about a pair in WC prediction? If a pair ever appear in WC, it's 1 point. If not, it's minus 1 point.

Also, I propose an extra point for those whom country prediction 100% appear in the WC without single wrong prediction. That's an actual feat.
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hey Kaoz, I propose more prediction. How about a pair in WC prediction? If a pair ever appear in WC, it's 1 point. If not, it's minus 1 point.
Do you mean in the WC overall or the Group League specifically?

Also, I propose an extra point for those whom country prediction 100% appear in the WC without single wrong prediction. That's an actual feat.
Don't agree with this though since you could've theoretically gotten it 100% right by just predicting one country. And if you look at the ranking, Philia and Hardy rose significantly from getting everything right already.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Then they're good. It doesn't have to be a big major bonus or anything. 1 point is good as well. I was extremely conservative thinking there is a big penalty but it turns out that it is only so little penalty. I would guess a lot more otherwise.

For the match, I was talking about WC overall in the manga series. But you can't guess the one that appear already, like Irie/Atobe that sort of thing.

And I feel there's a ton of thing I dare say this league doesn't reflect. For example, the fact that 1st stringer strength are based on their numbers is the fact that I was the ONLY poster on this forum able to read from Konomi manga. I used to got bash a ton on this and this reflects a lot in the tournament thread where tons of poster just quote this manga fact and state that my logic doesn't work when it in fact is the fact in the manga. I laugh reading back on those after 10.5 got translated. I feel like those kind of predictions should be worth tons of points.

There's also the fact that Black Aura wasn't on PoP level, but not a lot of us think that really.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Then they're good. It doesn't have to be a big major bonus or anything. 1 point is good as well. I was extremely conservative thinking there is a big penalty but it turns out that it is only so little penalty. I would guess a lot more otherwise.
I clearly stated the rules for that round at the beginning, if you thought otherwise that's completely on you.

For the match, I was talking about WC overall in the manga series. But you can't guess the one that appear already, like Irie/Atobe that sort of thing.
Sure. I guess it would be like, you can predict a pair at any time as long as it hasn't appeared and once it has, you can't anymore. Otherwise we'd have to guess the entire WC right now which I think a lot of people wouldn't be up for.

I feel like those kind of predictions should be worth tons of points.
And I feel otherwise. Line-ups and match results are either right or wrong and they're sure to be confirmed eventually. All those other things may never be confirmed, and anything short of absolute facts leaves too much room for arguments. That's even true for your first example, since last I checked you yourself believe Oni > Duke for instance even though Oni is No. 5 and Duke is No. 3.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Sure, it's on me then. I don't see why for any other time like the time that I guess Atobe's score I need to wait for other people to fill in though. If I guess the score and match happen, I should get the point. Sure, it didn't happen, but you stop my prediction from being in effects unless other people guess as well. Same with America match. If other people can't bother enough to guess like how "it's on me", it should be on them

As you stated in the first post "
In this simple game we will attempt to predict the results of matches as they happen in the manga. Correct predictions will be awarded with a set amount of points depending on how close the prediction was to the real outcome. The winner is whoever has the most points by the end of the World Cup.
"

It doesn't say anything about you can't predict if other people can't. If this is on me, I'll say everything else is on other users from now on as well. That sounds fair to me. Not to mention this is the very first post of this topic.

On second point, sure, that's fine.

But the manga itself state Oni as an exception, and I state that in my argument back then as well. Are you saying the manga didn't suggest so? The databook and the manga support both of my points. Sounds like you're trying to be picky about the point that I already stated multiple times here, and you had done this before in the past about this exact fact. I state the exceptions already, and I can show you the post if you really can't remember that I say them. This fact is true for the players that doesn't state to be hiding things or exceptions like Oni, since it is the fact Konomi give us. How about trying to prove that Konomi is wrong for a change? Or do you want me to shows you manga pages that shows some people that they might be more than their rank?

And I think Duke>Normal Oni. And Oni is STATED to seal his Kishin. I can show you that page. and the same thing for other character. Should I do so? It's like Magic. Just because there are cards that can change some rule doesn't mean the rule isn't true. It just means that there are exceptions.

And even the country list in the world cup is NOT to be confirm eventually. You just put it down without knowing so. It is confirm in this case, but we never know before. The differences doesn't really exist.
 
Last edited:

Anera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
665
Gender
Female
Country
France
Question : we don't really know who will be the first opponent of Japan among Greece, Australia and Switzerland but if a match begins and we know the line-up of Japan against one of these teams, do we have the right to modify the other line-ups before the beginning of the second round ?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Question : we don't really know who will be the first opponent of Japan among Greece, Australia and Switzerland but if a match begins and we know the line-up of Japan against one of these teams, do we have the right to modify the other line-ups before the beginning of the second round ?
Yeah. Line-ups are locked once the respective qualifier starts, so no changing the Greece line-up after the first match vs Greece has started.
 

Anera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
1,157
Reaction score
665
Gender
Female
Country
France
Am I convinced by my own prediction ? No.

Australia
S3: Kirihara
D2: Kite/Akutsu
S2: Atobe (vs Dorgias)
D1: Mouri/Ochi
S1: Oni

Greece
S3: Kintarou
D2: Gin/Shiraishi
S2: Fuji
D1: Hakamada/Tohno
S1: Ohmagari

Switzerland
S3: Sanada
D2: Marui/Kimijima
S2: Yukimura
D1: Byoudouin/Duke
S1: Tokugawa
 
Last edited:

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Well, only 3 Msers per match are allowed, so..

Switzerland:
S3: Fuji
D2: Niou/Kimijima
S2: Yukimura
D1: Byodouin/Duke
S1: Oni

Greece:
S3: Gin
D2: Hakamada/Tohno
S2: Sanada
D1: Ochi/Mouri
S1: Kintarou

Australia:
S3: Kirihara
D2: Akutsu/Kite
S2: Irie
D1: Tokugawa/Shuuji
S1: Atobe
 
Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Oh sorry Kaoz, I misunderstood :p
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
This time is there a point for getting prediction wrong and do the team need to be in position guess?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This time is there a point for getting prediction wrong and do the team need to be in position guess?
If you get the position the player is in right, you get an extra point. There are no penalties for wrong predictions.
 

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Exact position against exact team or you get the point for the position even if it's against other team?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Exact position against exact team or you get the point for the position even if it's against other team?
The former. You get the extra point if you e.g. predict that Byoudouin will play S1 against Switzerland and he actually is S1 in the Switzerland match, but you won't get it if he's in S1 against Greece instead.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
@Kaoz do you think reserves are still a thing? I'm trying to make my line-ups but my notes are worse than Mifune's lol.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Kaoz do you think reserves are still a thing? I'm trying to make my line-ups but my notes are worse than Mifune's lol.
No, I don't think so. On the other hand you lose nothing by including them if you think they are.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
vs Australia
S3: Kintarou
D2: Kimijima/Shiraishi
S2: Atobe
D1: Ohmagari/Ochi
S1: Tanegashima

Japan wins 3-1

vs Switzerland
S3: Kirihara
D2: Mouri/Fuji
S2: Duke
D1: Tokugawa/Yukimura
S1: Byoudouin

2-2

vs Greece (mythology team)
S3: Akutsu
D2: Niou/Marui
S2: Sanada
D1: Hakamada/Tohno
S1: Oni

3-2 Japan wins.

Will very likely edit it later, hope you don't mind.

I don't. - Kaoz
 
Last edited:

-Ken-

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
4,229
Reaction score
641
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
The former. You get the extra point if you e.g. predict that Byoudouin will play S1 against Switzerland and he actually is S1 in the Switzerland match, but you won't get it if he's in S1 against Greece instead.
Do you still get a point (not the extra point) for prediction the pair and people who plays in singles though?
 
Top