Question Number of arcs left ?

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,984
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Someone on tumblr said that Mashima said, in a Fairy Tail DVD vol.50, that FT is just about halfway. Sorry I can't provide the link. Maybe @natsulucy knows this?

(Vol.55 will be out on May 17th)
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Someone on tumblr said that Mashima said, in a Fairy Tail DVD vol.50, that FT is just about halfway. Sorry I can't provide the link. Maybe @natsulucy knows this?

(Vol.55 will be out on May 17th)


@Ankhseram scanned by.Do You have The Link To it Ankhseram?
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hiro Mashima, you are doing great. Keep it up and thank you for the great story so far.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Someone on tumblr said that Mashima said, in a Fairy Tail DVD vol.50, that FT is just about halfway. Sorry I can't provide the link. Maybe @natsulucy knows this?

(Vol.55 will be out on May 17th)
So after Natsulucy's post, I dont really see where this says that we're half way. I vaguely remember something to that effect in one of the notes in the GMG arc (or perhaps it was an interview). However, the GMG arc was in the 280s-340s. It's now almost chapter 500, and I imagine this arc will take us close to chapter 550 by the time we're done with all the Spriggans.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I believe that this is the last arc of Fairy Tail. If not the last arc, then the second to last arc. If this arc doesn't deal with both Zeref and Acnologia, then I see Zeref getting dealt with this arc, and then a final arc for Acnologia. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this arc dealt with both Zeref and Acnologia. I just don't see how we're going to top villains like Acnologia and Zeref. One is immortal, and the other requires infinite amount of power to take down. Remember, Acnologia has the power to rule the world. In Rogue's timeline, Acnologia successfully conquered the world. Any opponent that follows him would pretty either be too lazy to care about what Acnologia did or too weak to stand up against Acnologia. Neither would make very interesting final villains.

More than power levels is the investment that went into these characters. We've had several hundred chapters developing these guys reputation. Not only that, but they actually have ties to the main character. Zeref is Natsu's brother, and the whole reason half the stuff in the series turned out the way it did because of his attempts to revive Natsu. Acnologia is the other half, bringing the dragons to extinction and putting humans on the map. These two characters have done more to shape the history of the world than really anyone else. Unless Mashima plans to spend another couple hundred chapters and 2-3 more arcs developing a major villain and working it into the world's history, I wouldn't be invested in those villains. I'd much rather have the Joker be the villain in a Batman movie than have Batman fight Darkseid for this very reason.

I don't think a story needs to explain every little detail. Stuff like Lucy getting her keys back can easily be worked into an epilogue where she and Natsu & Happy go exploring after the war. Stuff like Natsu needing surgery might not even be relevant by the time he wakes up, and if it is...I wouldn't be surprised if the solution is just to travel to Alvarez to find a doctor. I also wouldn't compare Fairy Tail with any other series. It has its own story to tell.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So after Natsulucy's post, I dont really see where this says that we're half way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I believe that this is the last arc of Fairy Tail. If not the last arc, then the second to last arc. If this arc doesn't deal with both Zeref and Acnologia, then I see Zeref getting dealt with this arc, and then a final arc for Acnologia. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this arc dealt with both Zeref and Acnologia. I just don't see how we're going to top villains like Acnologia and Zeref. One is immortal, and the other requires infinite amount of power to take down. Remember, Acnologia has the power to rule the world. In Rogue's timeline, Acnologia successfully conquered the world. Any opponent that follows him would pretty either be too lazy to care about what Acnologia did or too weak to stand up against Acnologia. Neither would make very interesting final villains.

More than power levels is the investment that went into these characters. We've had several hundred chapters developing these guys reputation. Not only that, but they actually have ties to the main character. Zeref is Natsu's brother, and the whole reason half the stuff in the series turned out the way it did because of his attempts to revive Natsu. Acnologia is the other half, bringing the dragons to extinction and putting humans on the map. These two characters have done more to shape the history of the world than really anyone else. Unless Mashima plans to spend another couple hundred chapters and 2-3 more arcs developing a major villain and working it into the world's history, I wouldn't be invested in those villains. I'd much rather have the Joker be the villain in a Batman movie than have Batman fight Darkseid for this very reason.

I don't think a story needs to explain every little detail. Stuff like Lucy getting her keys back can easily be worked into an epilogue where she and Natsu & Happy go exploring after the war. Stuff like Natsu needing surgery might not even be relevant by the time he wakes up, and if it is...I wouldn't be surprised if the solution is just to travel to Alvarez to find a doctor. I also wouldn't compare Fairy Tail with any other series. It has its own story to tell.
So Zeref who is actually a good person, had he not been cursed he would not have lost his mind and caused trouble. The monsters he made were meant to kill himself. Why doesn't he have a chance for a real life? Mavis too? Who said you have to know every antagonists for the show to go on? Acnologia wasn't born the strongest. He was just a normal human at first also. Trained hard to be where he is. Who's to say that isn't happening with others right now? A lot of real fans want the manga to go on, and not just go on while turning into crappy manga. If it ends it ends. Life goes on. But it all depends on Mashima whether he can still be creative. The details do matter. Why Lucy had a scene with Aquarius was to give a new opening for more things to come if Mashima decides to do so. Dealing with the bigger picture of things usually end in failure as many things in life aren't that simple. It takes focus and attention to detail for something or someone to be successful. If it was that simple and many factors are not needed, than that was a simple task to begin with. Same way you went overboard in the power ranking thread and didn't bother to understand what some of us were saying.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So Zeref who is actually a good person, had he not been cursed he would not have lost his mind and caused trouble. The monsters he made were meant to kill himself. Why doesn't he have a chance for a real life? Mavis too? Who said you have to know every antagonists for the show to go on? Acnologia wasn't born the strongest. He was just a normal human at first also. Trained hard to be where he is. Who's to say that isn't happening with others right now? A lot of real fans want the manga to go on, and not just go on while turning into crappy manga. If it ends it ends. Life goes on. But it all depends on Mashima whether he can still be creative. The details do matter. Why Lucy had a scene with Aquarius was to give a new opening for more things to come if Mashima decides to do so. Dealing with the bigger picture of things usually end in failure as many things in life aren't that simple. It takes focus and attention to detail for something or someone to be successful. If it was that simple and many factors are not needed, than that was a simple task to begin with. Same way you went overboard in the power ranking thread and didn't bother to understand what some of us were saying.
I don't mind if Zeref and Mavis have a happy ending. However, that can easily happen by the end of this arc. Lucy going off to find Aquarius can easily be saved for an epilogue, and Natsu going off for surgery might not even be something that is necessary.

I never said you need to know every antagonist for the show to go on. I said it's going to be hard to top Acnologia and Zeref because of how much time devoted to developing their reputation and history. Acnologia was strong because of the environments and conditions he was in. There were dragons around to teach him dragon slayer magic, something that was previously unavailable to the humans. He had the opportunity to slay dragons, and we already know that slaying dragons makes a dragon slayer dragon. The conditions for Acnologia's rise to power doesn't really exist right now. In Rogue's future Acnologia ruled the world in 7. That means if someone did try to challenge him they lost, so it's really unlikely that someone stronger than Acnologia is just going to pop up a few weeks after they defeat him. We would have to go through another 7 year timeskip.

You asked if Acnologia was the strongest. I replied that he was. It was a power ranking thread, and you asked a question about power ranking. How was I supposed to know you weren't really trying to talk about power ranking, but about how you don't like how haxed the powers were? Also, what does this have to do with what I'm saying? I'm saying that Acnologia and Zeref are villains that the series has built up for over 300 chapters, and that topping that with a throw-on character would be hard.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't mind if Zeref and Mavis have a happy ending. However, that can easily happen by the end of this arc. You don't need an entire arc to do this. I mean, it's pretty much the same with Natsu getting surgery or Lucy going to find Aquarius. It's not something that requires 100 chapters to tell.

I never said you have to know every antagonist for the show to go on. I said it's going to be hard to top Acnologia and Zeref because of how much time devoted to developing their reputation and history. Acnologia was strong because of the environments and conditions he was in. There were dragons around to teach him dragon slayer magic, something that was previously unavailable to the humans. He had the opportunity to slay dragons, and we already know that slaying dragons makes a dragon slayer dragon. The conditions for Acnologia's rise to power doesn't really exist right now. In Rogue's future Acnologia ruled the world in 7. That means if someone did try to challenge him they lost, so it's really unlikely that someone stronger than Acnologia is just going to pop up a few weeks after they defeat him. We would have to go through another 7 year timeskip.

You asked if Dimaria was going to be the strongest. I replied that she wasn't. It was a power ranking thread, and you asked a question about power ranking. How was I supposed to know you weren't really trying to talk about power ranking? Seriously. Also, what does this have to do with what I'm saying?
If Acnologia is his own kind and no one can attain his power, then explain why he sees the dragon slayers as threats going after them if it's dragons they need to get stronger. i don't know much about future rogue as I never gave a damn about him. He's the weakest ds and forgot almost everything about him. Yes you answered my Dimaria question more than once, pushing it. And you did not get the point why I asked. That's why I mentioned this because the details do matter. It's called mindfulness. But you did educate me on Future Rogue and reminded me that Acno's soul stealing is a form of his dsm.

You said Acnologia is too strong as it is and a stronger enemy would be impossible for ft to defeat. That's true that Acno is too strong, that I doubt this war will end with Acnologia defeated. Unless the ds pull something out of their asses to beat Acno, it's not happening. The true 5 ds will likey need full body dragonforce scales, wings and claws or do what Igneel said is ALMOST impossible and turn into dragons in order to beat Acnologia. Right now I doubt the ds or anyone can scratch Acno. Therefore I suspect and this isn't the end. There are a lot of creative things that can happen. Gajeel could create a sword using his dsm and give it to Erza to assist in fighting Acno.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If Acnologia is his own kind and no one can attain his power, then explain why he sees the dragon slayers as threats going after them if it's dragons they need to get stronger. i don't know much about future rogue as I never gave a damn about him. He's the weakest ds and forgot almost everything about him. Yes you answered my Dimaria question more than once, pushing it. And you did not get the point why I asked. That's why I mentioned this because the details do matter. It's called mindfulness. But you did educate me on Future Rogue and reminded me that Acno's soul stealing is a form of his dsm.

You said Acnologia is too strong as it is and a stronger enemy would be impossible for ft to defeat. That's true that Acno is too strong, that I doubt this war will end with Acnologia defeated. Unless the ds pull something out of their asses to beat Acno, it's not happening. The true 5 ds will likey need full body dragonforce scales, wings and claws or do what Igneel said is ALMOST impossible and turn into dragons in order to beat Acnologia. Right now I doubt the ds or anyone can scratch Acno. Therefore I suspect and this isn't the end. There are a lot of creative things that can happen. Gajeel could create a sword using his dsm and give it to Erza to assist in fighting Acno.
Who says Acnologia sees the dragon slayers as threats? Acnologia wants to wipe out the dragons, and dragon slayers wield the power of a dragon. Acnologia didn't even believe that Igneel could pose a threat, and he oneshotted Serena. Just because Acnologia wants to destroy something doesn't mean he sees them as threats. As it happens to be, Acnologia wants to destroy everything. As for how they are going to destroy Acnologia. Couldn't they just use Fairy Heart?

You kept replying to my answer didn't you? I thought you were in disagreement with me, but it turns out you wanted to talk about something completely different. I still don't see how this is relevant to what we're talking about now. I'm not answering a question from you. I'm saying that you don't need to explain every little detail in a story, especially the trivial ones. I'm not misunderstanding what you're trying to say. I simply disagree.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Who says Acnologia sees the dragon slayers as threats? Acnologia wants to wipe out the dragons, and dragon slayers wield the power of a dragon. Acnologia didn't even believe that Igneel could pose a threat, and he oneshotted Serena. Just because Acnologia wants to destroy something doesn't mean he sees them as threats. As it happens to be, Acnologia wants to destroy everything. As for how they are going to destroy Acnologia. Couldn't they just use Fairy Heart?

Answering a question more than once is pushing it? You kept replying to my answer didn't you? I thought you were in disagreement with me, but it turns out you wanted to talk about something completely different. I still fail to see how this is relevant. I'm not answering a question from you. I'm saying that you don't need to explain every little detail in a story, especially the trivial ones. I'm not misunderstanding what you're trying to say. I disagree.
Acnologia didn't see Igneel as a threat? He was strong enough to rip off his arm, had Acnologia pinned down. Sure Acno ripped Igneel in half, but if any ft member had their arm ripped off in a fight, that shows the opponent was formidable. He himself is a ds, and told Igneel he is only driven to kill dragons. Zeref or Igneel one of them said Acnologia was after END and the ds due to their potential. Acno's motives are still unknown. Sorry, but there's nothing trivial about Lucy reuniting with Aquarius. Trivial would be finding food to eat or changing clothes. With Natsu, the tumor was either to save him for a bigger fight later on in the war or to get it out which was stated that no doctor can get it done within the continent. Thereby showing more possibility of exploring other continents.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Acnologia didn't see Igneel as a threat? He was strong enough to rip off his arm, had Acnologia pinned down. Sure Acno ripped Igneel in half, but if any ft member had their arm ripped off in a fight, that shows the opponent was formidable. He himself is a ds, and told Igneel he is only driven to kill dragons. Zeref or Igneel one of them said Acnologia was after END and the ds due to their potential. Acno's motives are still unknown. Sorry, but there's nothing trivial about Lucy reuniting with Aquarius. Trivial would be finding food to eat or changing clothes. With Natsu, the tumor was either to save him for a bigger fight later on in the war or to get it out which was stated that no doctor can get it done within the continent. Thereby showing more possibility of exploring other continents.
Acnologia says Igneel wouldn't even put up a fight and that he wants to destroy everything. Both times to Igneel.

Brandish already shrunk Natsu's tumor, so we might never have to deal with it. As far as Aquarius' key goes, we have Ishgar and Alakitasia. It's just as likely to be on one of those continents as it is anywhere else.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thank you for stating the obvious. Yes Brandish shrunk his tumor. That's why I said it's possible Natsu got it as to save him for a bigger fight. Then I said if not than he will need to go and get it out. Unless Brandish is there every time Natsu needs it shrunk. Wait that won't happen because you think this is the ending of ft. Again you are behind in comprehending what you're reading.

Acnologia said Igneel wouldn't put up a fight? What do you mean?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Thank you for stating the obvious. Yes Brandish shrunk his tumor. That's why I said it's possible Natsu got it as to save him for a bigger fight. Then I said if not than he will need to go and get it out. Unless Brandish is there every time Natsu needs it shrunk. Wait that won't happen because you think this is the ending of ft. Again you are behind in comprehending what you're reading.

Acnologia said Igneel wouldn't put up a fight? What do you mean?
What makes you think the tumor will grow again? Brandish said she had the power to shrink Natsu's tumor to the point where it basically doesn't exist. Brandish is not from Ishgar, and she dealt with the tumor. So what reason is there to assume that it's going to a big deal after this?

This is what I mean:
Acnologia said that Igneel wouldn't put up a fight, and that he would simply destroy him. If he's this confident against Igneel, do I think Acnologia sees the other dragons slayers as actual threats? No. He didn't even see Serena as a threat, and Serena is a pretty good dragon slayer.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why do I think the tumor will grow again? Because tumors don't stop growing! That's great evidence, but it says Acnologia will destroy him. It's called trash talk. The actual fight was rubbish. It was no walk in the park when your arm is severed. Zeref asked Acnologia in their meeting that Acno is waiting to use his full power on someone worthy. Thereby proving your point that Acno might not have gone full power on Igneel. But if the gap was that far, it's not likey he'd leave injured, and forget the reason why he went to Tartaros in the first place.

You don't think Acnologia sees the ds as threats, but guess what? He knows what they can potentially do. He knows if they get stronger they can be a threat to him. It's unfortunate I don't remember the details especially after telling you how details are important, but what would killing ds do for Acnologia if it wasn't because they were a potential threat to him? Why doesn't he just teach dsm to anyone and kill them if that's supposed to make him stronger? It's more likey that the souls he took from the dragons are whats given him extra power. Which backs up your idea that the ds cannot get as strong because there are no dragon souls for the to take. But that doesn't mean the potential for the current ds are greater than Acno's even with all his dragon souls. Why I think Natsu has a chance is because I predict he will someday become at least as strong as Igneel. The real Igneel that never had his soul taken. I would take a 100% Igneel over Acnologia and that in the future Natsu will attain that strength. Whether he gets that strength in this arc to end the manga is dependent on Mashima.

You think it's the end. I don't. Only time will tell.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Why do I think the tumor will grow again? Because tumors don't stop growing! That's great evidence, but it says Acnologia will destroy him. It's called trash talk. The actual fight was rubbish. It was no walk in the park when your arm is severed. Zeref asked Acnologia in their meeting that Acno is waiting to use his full power on someone worthy. Thereby proving your point that Acno might not have gone full power on Igneel. But if the gap was that far, it's not likey he'd leave injured, and forget the reason why he went to Tartaros in the first place.

You don't think Acnologia sees the ds as threats, but guess what? He knows what they can potentially do. He knows if they get stronger they can be a threat to him. It's unfortunate I don't remember the details especially after telling you how details are important, but what would killing ds do for Acnologia if it wasn't because they were a potential threat to him? Why doesn't he just teach dsm to anyone and kill them if that's supposed to make him stronger? It's more likey that the souls he took from the dragons are whats given him extra power. Which backs up your idea that the ds cannot get as strong because there are no dragon souls for the to take. But that doesn't mean the potential for the current ds are greater than Acno's even with all his dragon souls. Why I think Natsu has a chance is because I predict he will someday become at least as strong as Igneel. The real Igneel that never had his soul taken. I would take a 100% Igneel over Acnologia and that in the future Natsu will attain that strength. Whether he gets that strength in this arc to end the manga is dependent on Mashima.

You think it's the end. I don't. Only time will tell.
This tumor only grows when you overuse magic, which was something Natsu did over the course of the past year trying to use Igneel's power.

It doesn't matter if Acnologia couldn't actually own Igneel, what matters was that he didn't perceive Igneel as a threat. Was he overestimating himself? Almost certainly, but that's the point. Acnologia wants to wipe out all traces of the dragons, and the dragon slayers wield the power of a dragon. That is reason enough for Acnologia to go after the dragon slayers. It's not necessarily because he's afraid they'll challenge his power. Is it possible for the dragon slayers to grow stronger than Acnologia? Maybe. However, it would have to be with something we haven't seen before. Even if Natsu had Igneel's power, he wouldn't necessarily be stronger than Acnologia.

In any case, we can agree to disagree on how long the manga is going to last. I don't see it going past 2 arcs, including the alvarez arc. I see it ending at around chapter 700ish.
 

reesestl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
631
Reaction score
393
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
There are so many things unexplained, like One Magic. it should continue.
But u can never be sure how much things will be explained anyway. I mean , he introduced God Serena, this mysterious character which created such hype and before u know it he's dead. I was hoping to fond out his backstory.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
@Ankhseram Can You Give The Picture where Gildarts picture is saying That Fairytail has long way to go.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This tumor only grows when you overuse magic, which was something Natsu did over the course of the past year trying to use Igneel's power.

It doesn't matter if Acnologia couldn't actually own Igneel, what matters was that he didn't perceive Igneel as a threat. Was he overestimating himself? Almost certainly, but that's the point. Acnologia wants to wipe out all traces of the dragons, and the dragon slayers wield the power of a dragon. That is reason enough for Acnologia to go after the dragon slayers. It's not necessarily because he's afraid they'll challenge his power. Is it possible for the dragon slayers to grow stronger than Acnologia? Maybe. However, it would have to be with something we haven't seen before. Even if Natsu had Igneel's power, he wouldn't necessarily be stronger than Acnologia.

In any case, we can agree to disagree on how long the manga is going to last. I don't see it going past 2 arcs, including the alvarez arc. I see it ending at around chapter 700ish.
Dont you see all this is pointing in the direction of what Aquarius called a vast world? It's all giving clues as to where the next place will be in arcs to come if any. It's Mashima's way of leaving a door from being trapped, from ending the story if he chooses for it to go on. I viewed this like Toriko anime where there are so much unexplored places for them to continue.

So in the end nothing is guaranteed if the show ends or not. It's up to Mashima. I'll have to agree that an enemy as strong as Acno is a stretch and unlikely. But that's why Acnologia isn't likely going down this arc. No one mentioned previous dragon slayers passing down their dsm to younger generations. I don't remember Acno killing the dragon slayers, only dragons. That could make for more excitement. And in the end there should be a tournament for those who want to be the next ft guild master where they fight it out to get the position. Or they start their own guilds like how Makarov's generation became guild masters of different guilds. Most masters were originally ft mages. Plus who said Fiore and Alvarez are superior to the rest of the world? Alvarez has destroyed many countries, but that doesn't mean all countries are weak. Possibilities are endless. Like Jura said there is always someone above you. Or Laxus that said to look down because they might be right below them. There could be new stories in the other continents. New enemies, with great back stories, hype. It doesn't have to be limited to dragons only.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Dont you see all this is pointing in the direction of what Aquarius called a vast world? It's all giving clues as to where the next place will be in arcs to come if any. It's Mashima's way of leaving a door from being trapped, from ending the story if he chooses for it to go on. I viewed this like Toriko anime where there are so much unexplored places for them to continue.

So in the end nothing is guaranteed if the show ends or not. It's up to Mashima. I'll have to agree that an enemy as strong as Acno is a stretch and unlikely. But that's why Acnologia isn't likely going down this arc. No one mentioned previous dragon slayers passing down their dsm to younger generations. I don't remember Acno killing the dragon slayers, only dragons. That could make for more excitement. And in the end there should be a tournament for those who want to be the next ft guild master where they fight it out to get the position. Or they start their own guilds like how Makarov's generation became guild masters of different guilds. Most masters were originally ft mages. Plus who said Fiore and Alvarez are superior to the rest of the world? Alvarez has destroyed many countries, but that doesn't mean all countries are weak. Possibilities are endless. Like Jura said there is always someone above you. Or Laxus that said to look down because they might be right below them. There could be new stories in the other continents. New enemies, with great back stories, hype. It doesn't have to be limited to dragons only.
I'm sure Aquarius would say that their world is vast. After-all, it's a planet. We say that about our own world, even though it's practically mapped. That doesn't mean there is a list of ever powerful opponents in that world. It just means Lucy has to search everywhere. Is there a potential for Mashima to write an arc about Lucy going to find Aquarius' key? Sure. Of course you can always imagine a scenario in which increasingly powerful opponents are introduced. However, this doesn't change the fact that the story so far has been building up towards Zeref and Acnologia. The history of the Fairy Tail world has been, more or less, shaped by these two characters. They make fitting final villains because of that, and an arc that deals with them both is likely to be the last one.

In the crunchyroll translation, Acnologia's words after killing Serena was literally "Only seven more now. I will wipe away all trace of dragons from this world". I don't know about you, but that implies to me that he wants to get rid of all traces of the dragons.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm sure Aquarius would say that their world is vast. After-all, it's a planet. We say that about our own world, even though it's practically mapped. That doesn't mean there is a list of ever powerful opponents in that world. It just means Lucy has to search everywhere. Is there a potential for Mashima to write an arc about Lucy going to find Aquarius' key? Sure. Of course you can always imagine a scenario in which increasingly powerful opponents are introduced. However, this doesn't change the fact that the story so far has been building up towards Zeref and Acnologia. The history of the Fairy Tail world has been, more or less, shaped by these two characters. They make fitting final villains because of that, and an arc that deals with them both is likely to be the last one.

In the crunchyroll translation, Acnologia's words after killing Serena was literally "Only seven more now. I will wipe away all trace of dragons from this world". I don't know about you, but that implies to me that he wants to get rid of all traces of the dragons.
You should take it to heart also what Aquarius said, that the world is vast, a planet. So searching for Aquiarius keys is not likey gonna be easy. But if you think going around searching for it will be as simple as that, without finding challengers, youre wrong. Yeah it doesn't mean that there are powerful foes, but it doesn't mean there isn't either. This is not the same outcome as Future Rogue's time. It's different. In his time Gray killed that cat. In that time Rogue went to the past and changed history. He lost and you can argue that he didn't do much except get his ass whopped, but their future has shifted after meeting him. You talk like it's so obvious new powerful chllengers can come about, yet go about it like it can't happen. Zeref and Acnologia were introduced during the Tenrou arc. Before that ft had obstacles and challenges without them. Tenrou, Tartaros, and now Alvarez are the three arcs Zeref and Acno are in. The rest they were not. Yes they seem like the final enemies, the strongest so I won't deny the possibilities of it ending. That's if Acno is defeated, which you yourself said seems very difficult or almost impossible in their current state. Then mentioned that Fairy Heart could change all that. There is a big risk to using Fairy Heart if Mavis chose to send ft mages out risking their lives in battle instead of using it right away. Makarov also was afraid to release Fairy Heart when he thought magic would disappear due to the faces.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You should take it to heart also what Aquarius said, that the world is vast, a planet. So searching for Aquiarius keys is not likey gonna be easy. But if you think going around searching for it will be as simple as that, without finding challengers, youre wrong. Yeah it doesn't mean that there are powerful foes, but it doesn't mean there isn't either. This is not the same outcome as Future Rogue's time. It's different. In his time Gray killed that cat. In that time Rogue went to the past and changed history. He lost and you can argue that he didn't do much except get his ass whopped, but their future has shifted after meeting him. You talk like it's so obvious new powerful chllengers can come about, yet go about it like it can't happen. Zeref and Acnologia were introduced during the Tenrou arc. Before that ft had obstacles and challenges without them. Tenrou, Tartaros, and now Alvarez are the three arcs Zeref and Acno are in. The rest they were not. Yes they seem like the final enemies, the strongest so I won't deny the possibilities of it ending. That's if Acno is defeated, which you yourself said seems very difficult or almost impossible in their current state. Then mentioned that Fairy Heart could change all that. There is a big risk to using Fairy Heart if Mavis chose to send ft mages out risking their lives in battle instead of using it right away. Makarov also was afraid to release Fairy Heart when he thought magic would disappear due to the faces.
Except Aquarius said so herself that it could very well be in Ishgar or Alakitasia. You're the only one whose trying to push a very specific interpretation of what Aquarius said. All she really means is that the key will pop up somewhere on the planet and she has no idea where. Lucy will eventually try to find it. Is Aquarius somehow implying that she'll have to fight someone for the key? Not really.

The events of the GMG caused changes to how the events in Tartarus played out, which had an effect on Gray. It's not really that big of a surprise that it would wind up effecting whether or not Gray turned evil. What hasn't changed is Acnologia's power, which is still enough to conquer the world. That hasn't really changed.

By no means is it "obvious" that new powerful enemies stronger than Acnologia and Zeref are going to come out. I'm just saying it's not impossible. Same way it's not impossible for Hiro to make Happy be the final villain. In actuality, I don't think its very likely that there will be villains stronger than Acnologia or Zeref - much less it being something that will obviously happen. I don't think it's impossible for our heroes to beat Acnologia. I just think it's going to push them to the limits, and maybe even force them to use Fairy Heart. I do think it's highly improbable that some random guy from some random place we've never heard about would end up being stronger than Acnologia.

Zeref was foreshadowed way in the beginning with Lullaby being a demon of Zeref. Acnologia was foreshadowed in chapter 166 where they introduced Gildarts, before the Edolas arc. .
 
Last edited:
Top