Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

TheWanderer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2012
Messages
264
Reaction score
99
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't blame Togashi for taking off as long as he did if his back injury was that severe. I'd rather he take all the time to fully recover then to try and push early only to injure himself again.

Drawing can be very back intensive especially if you are an artist who might hunch over while drawing/sketching. It all depends on the position they take but if Togashi took off as long as he did you can hope that during that time he might of learned ways to ease the stress he puts on his back when doing his artwork.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,773
Gender
Female
Country
China
By the quality of the drawings I wouldn't be able to tell if effort was put in it lmao

Well of the earlier ones that is
 

lulukaruins

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2016
Messages
456
Reaction score
658
Country
Sabertooth
I don't really have complain about his art except Gon design, Gon used to be charming with his spikes and all, but lately togashi seems not making an effort when drawing him, just few stroke and voila. Gon now looks so square, man... and it's really bothering me when Togashi decided to change his forehead part, I really like Gon design in Greed Island with that zigzag (or whatever we called it) forehead... but now, when he don't really gave special attention to proganist design (especially when stage now favoring Kurapika and Ging) I can't really shook off the feelings that Gon times is now done... hopefully when Gon involved again it'll change.

Apart from that for me Togashi style is reaaaaally captivating. the exposition from one panel to another in his manga always in another level. I don't really care with his inconsistent art, since he doesn't really need it. What matter is the story telling.

Ugh, my english sure is suck. I hope you get the idea --_--
 
Last edited:

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
So, confession, I watched the anime and never read the manga. I liked the anime, but had a hard time making myself actually read the manga. I was that person. So, I just started it yesterday, already blew through 30+ chapters, and it. is. delightful. Why did I not do this earlier? Why did I resist for so long? I think I may like it even better than the anime (though, I generally do-I just prefer written/drawn texts to tv most of the time).
Anyway, I feel like I can understand you guys' pain at the hiatus so much more now. Thankfully, I still have a lot of chapters so my wait for new chapters probably won't be nearly as long as yours, unless it goes on hiatus again which fans seem to think it will :p

I have heard that Gon and Killua are basically written out toward the end though and that makes me sad. I am not sure I will like the series as much without Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio playing some part in the series. I remember disliking Gon's Dad, but maybe once I actually read it I will understand better and change my mind.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
We do not know much about their roles, to be honest.
It SEEMS like gon and killuah are on the sidelines for some time while leorio and kurapica take more spotlight.

But this is only the case for about 10 chapters now and killuah gained a potentially very important plotline which has yet to be resolved.

So, if you feared that you'd not hear of the mainchars again i can assure you that the 4 mains are still very relevant.
 

Inspector fan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2015
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, confession, I watched the anime and never read the manga. I liked the anime, but had a hard time making myself actually read the manga. I was that person. So, I just started it yesterday, already blew through 30+ chapters, and it. is. delightful. Why did I not do this earlier? Why did I resist for so long? I think I may like it even better than the anime (though, I generally do-I just prefer written/drawn texts to tv most of the time).
Anyway, I feel like I can understand you guys' pain at the hiatus so much more now. Thankfully, I still have a lot of chapters so my wait for new chapters probably won't be nearly as long as yours, unless it goes on hiatus again which fans seem to think it will :p

I have heard that Gon and Killua are basically written out toward the end though and that makes me sad. I am not sure I will like the series as much without Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio playing some part in the series. I remember disliking Gon's Dad, but maybe once I actually read it I will understand better and change my mind.
It's not that they're written out, but rotated. I'm not sure if you read this in the manga, but if you watched the anime then do you remember how many characters were in the Chimera Ant Arc and how Togashi allowed each one to develop while switching characters and advancing the plot? It's similar to that. Gon and Killua have had their big arcs, and the way I see it Togashi is rotating them out and putting the spotlight on Leorio and Kurapika, as well as the new characters such as Gon's dad and Pariston, for this arc, and possibly the next arc until the story needs Gon and Killua's introduction again. Personally I love Gon and Killua, but the best thing about Hunter x Hunter is that no character is too small, so seeing a rotation like this is making super excited to see how important, and significant these characters will become.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So, confession, I watched the anime and never read the manga. I liked the anime, but had a hard time making myself actually read the manga. I was that person. So, I just started it yesterday, already blew through 30+ chapters, and it. is. delightful. Why did I not do this earlier? Why did I resist for so long? I think I may like it even better than the anime (though, I generally do-I just prefer written/drawn texts to tv most of the time).
Anyway, I feel like I can understand you guys' pain at the hiatus so much more now. Thankfully, I still have a lot of chapters so my wait for new chapters probably won't be nearly as long as yours, unless it goes on hiatus again which fans seem to think it will :p

I have heard that Gon and Killua are basically written out toward the end though and that makes me sad. I am not sure I will like the series as much without Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio playing some part in the series. I remember disliking Gon's Dad, but maybe once I actually read it I will understand better and change my mind.
The manga is superior in every aspect.
Except maybe some sketchy chapters, the emotions Togashi can show in some panels are unmatched.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
So, confession, I watched the anime and never read the manga. I liked the anime, but had a hard time making myself actually read the manga. I was that person. So, I just started it yesterday, already blew through 30+ chapters, and it. is. delightful. Why did I not do this earlier? Why did I resist for so long? I think I may like it even better than the anime (though, I generally do-I just prefer written/drawn texts to tv most of the time).
Anyway, I feel like I can understand you guys' pain at the hiatus so much more now. Thankfully, I still have a lot of chapters so my wait for new chapters probably won't be nearly as long as yours, unless it goes on hiatus again which fans seem to think it will :p

I have heard that Gon and Killua are basically written out toward the end though and that makes me sad. I am not sure I will like the series as much without Gon, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio playing some part in the series. I remember disliking Gon's Dad, but maybe once I actually read it I will understand better and change my mind.
I think Gon will have some relevance in the current arc, though Kurapika and Leorio will be more relevant. Kurapika and Leorio got sidelined for a while(made even longer with the hiatuses) and now they are coming back. He adds and develop lot of characters anyway.


It took forever :XD .
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think Togashi really looked forward to changing the focus to leorio and kurapica again.

After the long and exhausting chimera ant arc, this gives him a new flavour.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,773
Gender
Female
Country
China
He already had a new flavour after the Chimera Ant arc though
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is true, but in that arc, the focus started shifting to leorio a bit and phasing out gon.

With so many good characters in the toybox, i can imagine it to be frustrating to be forced to focus on just two of them for a long time
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
At least it shows that Togashi is still caring and willing to continue...I would gladly take a chapter per year than no news at all about the manga's status.
if he was just taking time off to make sure he gets the story right, to make sure he doesnt fuck up the ending

then i am all for it
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
As i said:

I think a big part of the reason why HxH is unique as a shonen is that Togashi has a lot more freedom at writing (or rather, took it) than other mangaka.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah good, thanks for the response fam

Asking Magi for favors... Would have been spicy ~~'
yay now i get to keep admiring your beautiful thosaka rin sig!!!
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I still find it a nice thought that after being at least borderline depressed that he found a wife and has a family and can spend as much time with them as he wants to. And STILL delivers awesome work when he gets arround to do it.
 
Top